• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Lexxism

Kill the little baby spiders with your green light. They sometimes drop hearts. You can replenish your heart after every segment during the fight. I had trouble at first. I died toward the end and had to start over. Once I figured out everything, it was a breeze the 2nd time.

use the charged flashlight on the big spider when she opens her eyes. This will stun her and you can get the... cocoon(?) safely.

I feel so dumb reading this. Thank you.

Q: How many mansions are there? I'm on my 2nd mansion now.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Fuck. You. Guys.

I don't have money for this but you make it sound so fun!!

szdbS9y.gif

Velcro Fly

Hooray I figured it out!

32 minutes later!

I was going the wrong way after all :(

Also I'm guessing based on the mission select screen that there is a
Boo
in every mission? So I should go back and replay the first few missions now?

Hooray I figured it out!

32 minutes later!

I was going the wrong way after all :(

Also I'm guessing based on the mission select screen that there is a
Boo
in every mission? So I should go back and replay the first few missions now?
Yup! Have fun! :3

Oh gosh I basically have my dark light on everywhere I walk just so I can at least trip into them T_T

HoJu

The main draw and appeal of the game, which is exploring the detailed mansions and watching Luigi interaction with his surroundings, goes against the idea of replaying missions for highscores or whatever. The cinematic moments and character bits are too numerous to actually enjoy replaying the missions.

HoJu

It just means it has replay value on top of a great first-playthrough experience :p
But having to replay whole missions to find one boo is such a waste.
The design about the game's whole mission structure doesn't make much sense.

So I just got done with the first mission and have to say that if the game continues like this I'm gonna like it. The only thing I hate so far is the Dr who calls every 5secs forcing me to pull my stylus out to touch the screen (yeah I don't like fingerprints on it so I ALWAYS pull it out to touch).

This reminds me how annoyingly he called in the old game.

DaBoss

So I just got done with the first mission and have to say that if the game continues like this I'm gonna like it. The only thing I hate so far is the Dr who calls every 5secs forcing me to pull my stylus out to touch the screen (yeah I don't like fingerprints on it so I ALWAYS pull it out to touch).

That is because the 1st mansion is like a tutorial, the mansions from here on out don't do it as much. Though I do agree with you, I wish they made it accessible with a button press, would have been nice.

Though this is a minor grievance which doesn't really affect the game as a whole.

Drago

Yiss!

I did get it today! Woo!
Just redeemed for SF64 and will download when the shop goes back up. Gonna play this one now!

That is because the 1st mansion is like a tutorial, the mansions from here on out don't do it as much. Though I do agree with you, I wish they made it accessible with a button press, would have been nice.

Though this is a minor grievance which doesn't really affect the game as a whole.

Of course this doesn't affect the game at all for me, but for right now it is annoying. Does he calm down with the calls later in the game? I still remember in the first one he would call everytime Luigi caught a boo just to say good job, which I didn't like.

zroid

Banned

use your nail :p

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Played my first ScareScraper, was pretty awesome, 10 Floors, and I came in first.

One of the guys in my group was Dragonborn...is that anyone on here? I swear I've seen that name before.

With that said...
hunting for Boos has started to reach pixel hunting levels. I spam the dark light everywhere to see if I catch anything invisible. Eventually I turned to a faq to find out where the Boo is for A1, A2 and A3. Boooo :(

I'm almost completely done with the 1st mansion, but I'm
missing 2 gems (and I'll deal with the pesky 3 star medals later). The gems I'm missing are the tear shaped one and the vertically stretched oval one T_T Would anyone be able to tell me where I can find those? <:3

You can actually see the Boo's path...some rooms will have a Boo imprint on the wall, and using the Dark Light, you can follow these little white puffs of clouds to where the Boo is. I think that's what those are for, at least

Coconut

Banned
I swear I'm so glad there isn't mic support because I would just rage on those fuckers who just stand around do nothing and wait to snake ghost captures. Seriously fuck those guys, fuck them straight to hell.

Don't know if these are the exact names, but these people still haven't added my friend code
0731-5795-7996

Zen
PSGames
Nezumi
Morgan
Fabrik
DarkGran
Lexxus

D-Pad

Ah man. Into the second mansion after a little
boo hunt
. Gonna take a break because I love my eyes and don't want to lose them and be unable to play this game.

Gartooth

OK added a lot of people to my friends list that also added me. That should be good for some games, too bad my college internet connection is awful. Maybe I will actually get some round's of this game's multiplayer in by oh I don't know... the end of April when I go home. XD

Only about an hour into this game so far but oh my, this is looking like a strong early contender for my game of the year. This is one of the most charming games I've seen in some time. Playing it in 3D in bed with the lights out is such a great experience. I'm quite inspired already and would absolutely love to make something like this :)

Jenga

Banned
I'm stuck on 2-1
gotta jumpstart the hydro water thingy but the door to the stairs won't open? or am I just missing something entirely?

Velcro Fly

Think I'm not going to worry about 3 starring missions right now. Finding all the collectibles is fun enough. This seems like the kind of game that lends itself to being played from start to finish more than just once though. 2.5 hours for the first four missions but I'm missing a gem and the boos. Definitely feels like a 12-15 hour game but fun enough to be played multiple times.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Has the eshop seriously been down all fucking day? I've wanted to buy this atleast 8 hours ago and still can't.

Rebel Leader

Don't know if these are the exact names, but these people still haven't added my friend code
0731-5795-7996

Zen
PSGames
Nezumi
Morgan
Fabrik
DarkGran
Lexxus

I added you
2723-8782-5997

If people here added me, please let me know by post or PM =D

OK added a lot of people to my friends list that also added me. That should be good for some games, too bad my college internet connection is awful. Maybe I will actually get some round's of this game's multiplayer in by oh I don't know... the end of April when I go home. XD

added =3

Picked up my copy and will be redeeming Professor Layton for my free game tonight. Also bought Etrian Odyssey, so I am set for games on the 3DS until the summer (Fire Emblem and Tales of the Abyss make up the rest of my games).

Totally forgot about this. What are the steps of registering my XL and Luigis Mansion 2? And can I do it from my original 3DS?

Rebel Leader

Totally forgot about this. What are the steps of registering my XL and Luigis Mansion 2? And can I do it from my original 3DS?

Nope, 3ds Xl has to be registered after feb 14th with luigi's mansion or pokemon mystery dungeon before April 20th
---

DAMN YOU RANDOMS!

You have the damn key >_<

Tiktaalik

Just picked up my Canadian copy of Luigi's Mansion and it looks like there's only a French instructions slip. It's bilingual, mostly English packaging and I picked it up in Vancouver (where there's almost no Francophones). Did NoC mess up country wide by not including an English manual or did they ship Quebec copies to Vancouver or something?

zroid

Banned
Just picked up my Canadian copy of Luigi's Mansion and it looks like there's only a French instructions slip. It's bilingual, mostly English packaging and I picked it up in Vancouver (where there's almost no Francophones). Did NoC mess up country wide by not including an English manual or did they ship Quebec copies to Vancouver or something?

No, it was the same for me in Ontario. Irksome. :\

SteeloDMZ

Banned
This is great. The mission based progression system works perfectly for portable gaming.

The amount of detail in this game is amazing!

Velcro Fly

Had my first Scarescraper experience. Tried to do it solo and got up to the 4th floor where I finally had a run of rooms that needed to be unlocked with keys and ran out of time. Was definitely fun and I could see it being a fun thing to do once in a while. I did earn 60g bonus towards the vault on my file though which was really cool.

My 3DS is charging now but I can't wait to dive back into the game. I'm enjoying it so much that I worry about finishing it too quickly. Thought for sure Fire Emblem was my game of the year but this is definitely making a strong push for that. Nintendo is bringing the goods with the 3DS this year for sure.

Neiteio

I squeezed in the second mission of Haunted Towers before a meeting earlier today, and MAN that place is amazing. I love the background music, I love the aesthetics, I love the atmosphere, I love the mechanics, I love the hyper-abundant secrets and interactive bits. Haunted Towers might go down as one of my favorite levels in games. SO GOOD. Really looking forward to Old Clockworks, Secret Mine, and whatever the fifth mansion is named.

Top Bottom