• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Despite being the most expensive gaming week I've had in a while I decided to purchase this earlier than intended. But of course, the eshop is currently undergoing maintenance!

Added myself to the friendlist. I should get my copy on wednesday... As everybody seems to seriously love this game, I cannot wait any longer >:|

Can someone please luigify my avatar as well. Would be pretty nice!

zroid

Banned
We should all commit to our Luigifications until this thread is sent to Community. And then bring it back when the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team OT goes up. :)

D-Pad

Stuck already. Mission A-4 spoilers:

Cant find a way back to the dining room.
Little help?
for the new page. don't wanna spoil anything which is why I'm asking here,btw.

Edit: ^Thanks. Not too spoiler-ish, I hope. :)

Edit 2: OF COURSE it was something right under my nose why wouldn't it be.

zroid

Banned
oh gawd, Luigi's animation while his DS is ringing is SO GREAT.

At first I actually thought he was dancing the robot, haha

DaBoss

Added myself to the friendlist. I should get my copy on wednesday... As everybody seems to seriously love this game, I cannot wait any longer >:|

Can someone please luigify my avatar as well. Would be pretty nice!

npH8a9d.png

We should all commit to our Luigifications until this thread is sent to Community. And then bring it back when the Mario & Luigi: Dream Team OT goes up. :)

Haha, that was exactly what I was thinking.

Lexxism

Having a hard time on the first boss. How do I maintain my health when I'm going to get the... (lol I don't know what's that called) ? Whenever I'm after that thing, I always lose like 20-30 hearts.

Having a hard time on the first boss. How do I maintain my health when I'm going to get the... (lol I don't know what's that called) ? Whenever I'm after that thing, I always lose like 20-30 hearts.
Kill the little baby spiders with your green light. They sometimes drop hearts. You can replenish your heart after every segment during the fight. I had trouble at first. I died toward the end and had to start over. Once I figured out everything, it was a breeze the 2nd time.

Nezumi

use the charged flashlight on the big spider when she opens her eyes. This will stun her and you can get the... cocoon(?) safely.

Drago

Pretty upset right now

My copy has been at UPS since last Friday yet it didn't get delivered today. Based on the delivery estimate I'll be getting it tomorrow...

What the hell UPS? :(

zroid

Banned
2 missions in and having a blast. The game so far is a little bit chattier than I'd like, but it's no big deal, and I understand E Gadd leaves you to your own devices more as you progress. The only thing about the controls which is bothering me right now is how you seemingly can't turn while charging the strobulb. I guess it makes sense for balance reasons, but it's still annoying. I need to hone my ichimodajin technique!

Can someone Weegee Tex's fedora for me? I can upload my pre-fedora'd avatar if that would make things easier, but I'd like to stay under this killing moon a while longer if possible!

Weegee'd my own avatar (read: completely replaced).

Newegg's tracking says my copy is waiting for me at home :D

Will probably finish the original first. I've been playing through it, and it has enchanted me yet again.

Been having some good times so far! Puzzles are fun, fighting ghosts and trying to get them together for multiple kills and better loot is fun, seeing the wacky shenanigans that ensue is fun! The first boss was certainly a little different when it comes to conventional means of boss stomping.

With that said...
hunting for Boos has started to reach pixel hunting levels. I spam the dark light everywhere to see if I catch anything invisible. Eventually I turned to a faq to find out where the Boo is for A1, A2 and A3. Boooo :(

I'm almost completely done with the 1st mansion, but I'm
missing 2 gems (and I'll deal with the pesky 3 star medals later). The gems I'm missing are the tear shaped one and the vertically stretched oval one T_T Would anyone be able to tell me where I can find those? <:3

Can't wait to try multiplayer with you guys some time!

Velcro Fly

Ugh A-4 is frustrating me. I get so frustrated when I don't know what to do. I know it has to be something on the balcony but I have no idea what.

WatTsu

I intend to keep mine as long as possible. Through baseball season, at least. And then if Dream Team comes out around then, probably longer.

RM8

I'm okay with keeping my Luigi hat for a while. I'm loving all the Luigi avatars, especially amusing to see at OT side :p

iammeiam

This game is amazing; after the first two mansions it's made up for the disappointment I ultimately felt over Paper Mario (which was good, but not what I'd been hoping for.) I'm pleasantly surprised by how willing the game is to let you just figure things out on your own. I didn't see it ever explicitly explain that you can
open flowers by flashing them;
I don't know if it eventually tells you that if you haven't figured it out by a certain point or not, it was just really gratifying to actually get to try something and have it work without the game beating me over the head with directions.

Also <3 the usage of the d-pad.

Velcro Fly

And the lack of in mission saves kills me as I have to go and I'm halfway through a mission that I have no idea what to do. God dammit anyway.

Billy Lee

Just purchased it from ***********. Hopefully it will arrive by Friday, then I can take it on my holiday the day after. Coincidentally, that's exactly what I did when Super Mario 3D Land came out. I ordered it and it arrived just in time for my holiday to Spain! A life saver it was too as it rained a lot the first few days so I would have been bored without it.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Picked up my copy and will be redeeming Professor Layton for my free game tonight. Also bought Etrian Odyssey, so I am set for games on the 3DS until the summer (Fire Emblem and Tales of the Abyss make up the rest of my games).

Top Bottom