• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Totally agree. French Boodle killed me.

Boo-b trap was the best, lol.

Who the fuck said the ghosts didn't have personalities again? Oh, the reviewer of that shitty GS review no one else agreed with.

I loved watching the ghosts do pillow fights in the second mansion.

beta_fuse

How do I get to the 4th and 5th ghost on B-2 mission?

I got stuck there too for a while. It's simple really, the room that has that plant encased in a tube actually has a missing pipe leading to it on the sealing. Simply use the Dark-Light Device on the missing piece and voila

botty

Banned
How does the star medal system work? I can't seem to get 3 stars on the very first mission, yet I completely botched the 4th mission and got it.

This is so confusing.

K' Dash

In my experience it has to be time and health, in the very first mussion I took zero hits and finished it in ~3 minutes and voila! 3 stars.

Lexxism

I got stuck there too for a while. It's simple really, the room that has that plant encased in a tube actually has a missing pipe leading to it on the sealing. Simply use the Dark-Light Device on the missing piece and voila

LOL. No wonder I kept on thinking
where I can find that missing tube. I kept using flashlight lol and I totally forgot to that I can use the dark-light.

Ridley327

In my experience it has to be time and health, in the very first mussion I took zero hits and finished it in ~3 minutes and voila! 3 stars.

It seems like that health generally tends to be a criteria that you simply shouldn't hit triple digits on. I've gotten wrecked (comparatively speaking) into the 70s and up, and I still got three stars.

Time definitely seems to be the biggest one, though; do that fast and the rest of the pieces will fall into place.

Korosenai

It seems like that health generally tends to be a criteria that you simply shouldn't hit triple digits on. I've gotten wrecked (comparatively speaking) into the 70s and up, and I still got three stars.

Time definitely seems to be the biggest one, though; do that fast and the rest of the pieces will fall into place.
Did the second mission as fast as I could, going from point to point, only lost 40 health, and got 2 stars. I wonder if you need to pick up coins as well (which I only had around 50 I think).

Ridley327

Did the second mission as fast as I could, going from point to point, only lost 40 health, and got 2 stars. I wonder if you need to pick up coins as well (which I only had around 50 I think).

I would say you should be safe to get enough for a gold bone to show up, which is usually around 200 coins.

Bullza2o

Since I bought a Pikachu XL recently I have been very tempted to buy this game to get the eShop Layton game (already finished SM3DL). I just ordered it and once again delayed my Wii U purchase until fall, and I hope I did not make a mistake.

I rented the first one on Gamecube and I enjoyed it though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bailing out of this thread. Too many unmarked spoilers for stuff is rather experience and find charming first hand.

ngower

Played the first twenty or so minutes before heading off to work. Was so much fun! I smiled when Luigi started humming the music. I can tell I'm gonna love this game.

Rran

Just wondering... anyone mind Luigi-fying my icon??

Anyway, I've only beaten the first chapter so far, aaaaand... I love it XD Really, I love the exploratory elements, as well as the humor; seriously, some moments have me recalling parts of the ol' Charlie Chaplin Tramp films (humor via pantomime is kind of a dying art form).

botty

Banned
So I did 3 trials of the first mission:

time: 2:45
damage: 0
treasure: 5 - no bone
(2 stars)
--
time: 3:15
treasure: 300 - no bone
(2 stars)
--
time: 3:35
treasure: 500 + bone
(3 stars)

Gonna guess the bone is a factor in getting three stars. At least for non-boss battles.

Gartooth

Just finished the game, and it was one wild ride. I can't wait to dive back in and collect the remaining gems and Boos, but first some final thoughts. Mostly I just want to stress what a huge improvement this game was over the original Luigi's Mansion. I feel like it's puzzles are incredibly clever, the presentation is incredible, and all the changes to the formula ended up working for the better.

Next Level Games truly had to test their noggin when creating this game such as the brilliant idea of giving Luigi the Dark Light, among others such as the superb mansion design. Also the amount of content in the single player alone justifies the price tag, but the addition of a competent multiplayer puts it over the top. Safe to say that this game will be firmly placed in my 3DS for a long time.

CrisKre

Just finished the game, and it was one wild ride. I can't wait to dive back in and collect the remaining gems and Boos, but first some final thoughts. Mostly I just want to stress what a huge improvement this game was over the original Luigi's Mansion. I feel like it's puzzles are incredibly clever, the presentation is incredible, and all the changes to the formula ended up working for the better.

Next Level Games truly had to test their noggin when creating this game such as the brilliant idea of giving Luigi the Dark Light, among others such as the superb mansion design. Also the amount of content in the single player alone justifies the price tag, but the addition of a competent multiplayer puts it over the top. Safe to say that this game will be firmly placed in my 3DS for a long time.

This game realized the potential of the first, no doubt. The one think Im missing though is the option to explore the mansion fully for search of boos and gems after finishing the main missions in each mansion. Im in mansion 2 and this isnt possible so far, but I hope the option is there. That would be my one gripe with it so far. Anyways, im in love with this game. Is everything I hoped luigis mansion could become, and then some.

Hale-XF11

Finished the game and I gotta say, it was fun, but I'm disappointed by how easy it was. I basically just kinda breezed through the whole thing.

Thankfully, Scarescraper offers a bit more challenge, but I'll at least go back and find all the boos and gems in story mode.

Ok, so I'm 99% done with the first mansion, but for the life of me, I cannot find the
5th gem (the teardrop)
. I've scoured the entire mansion several times, and find every other one in each sweep. Any hints?

CrisKre

Ok, so I'm 99% done with the first mansion, but for the life of me, I cannot find the
5th gem (the teardrop)
. I've scoured the entire mansion several times, and find every other one in each sweep. Any hints?

After A-3, mess around the main entrance room.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
5th gem (the teardrop)

If I'm thinking of the correct one, as it was one of the last ones I found...

It's mission-exclusive, the third mission, and involves something in the Entrance

If that's not it, in the room with the Blue Ghost painting in Mission 2, check the camera for a hint

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In the first mansion, on A-3, how do you
get the second helmet painting with the helmet? I'm shooting it from every direction and it keeps bouncing off the suit of armor near it.

EDIT:
5th gem (the teardrop)
I just did this.
In the entrance, shake the suit of armor on the right, tons of money will come out and his head will drop. You can suck up the head and aim it upwards at a painting on the upper right, which will drop and a gem will fall out. No idea how to reach the second painting and what it has though.

After A-3, mess around the main entrance room.
If I'm thinking of the correct one, as it was one of the last ones I found...

It's mission-exclusive, the third mission, and involves something in the Entrance
Thank you. It's kind of annoying that it only works during A-3... No wonder I was stuck. I had already interacted with everything, but apparently that wasn't the problem.

In the first mansion, on A-3, how do you
get the second helmet painting with the helmet? I'm shooting it from every direction and it keeps bouncing off the suit of armor near it.
Does the reticule show up? Otherwise, you probably can't.

Drago

Do higher ranks amount to anything? I can't be arsed to get a 3 star rank, honestly... but if they unlock anything good I may have to try.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thank you. It's kind of annoying that it only works during A-3... No wonder I was stuck. I had already interacted with everything, but apparently that wasn't the problem.

Does the reticule show up? Otherwise, you probably can't.
Yes it does, but I can't figure out how to hit it. I got the first one fine though.

bah, couldn't find a retail copy so i bought digital as i'm just eager to play it. and with the next three days off i'm going to enjoy this title, in between monster hunter and bioshock of course.

Top Bottom