• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

eggwolio

I'm a junior, so I can't start threads, but someone should start a thread in community for multiplayer matches so we don't constantly muck up this thread with chatter each time we play.

Madouu

Oh man my copy shipped so I should get it tomorrow. Pumped for this but not sure if I can pull myself away from MonHun :(

I'm playing both right now and it's great.

I almost finished up collecting everything in the first mansion, still need that tear shaped gem but I shall find it!

Haven't tried the bonus level you get for collecting all the Boos yet. Is it any good?

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
The hidden Boos are like trying to find the crabs in Sonic Heroes.

How do you get the
gem in the aquarium
in Mansion #1?

And can a playa get a Weegee'd avatar?

Haven't tried the bonus level you get for collecting all the Boos yet. Is it any good?

Not really, it's just a time trial.

TDLink

The hidden Boos are like trying to find the crabs in Sonic Heroes.

How do you get the
gem in the aquarium
in Mansion #1?

And can a playa get a Weegee'd avatar?

Not really, it's just a time trial.

There is a secret passage to "Under the Stairs". You can then go from there to behind the aquarium (once it is on the ground floor) and vacuum it out from behind. To get to the secret passage you need to be in one of the later missions (4 or 5 I think but I don't remember exactly). You don't access it from that room either.

AXavierB

Neo Member
End of 3rd mansion

Holy shit @ M hat on painting. ;)

Having finished the game, I wasn't sure how to feel about that.
On one hand, I was initially put off by the fact that there seemed to be nothing personally at stake for Luigi this time around. On the other, Mario's kidnapping in this one seemed to come completely out of nowhere.

On another note, minor nitpick but I really wish the Boos' character models were rendered with those cool effects like the other ghosts. Kinda weird how they're just... marshmallows.

Just beat it, what a cute little game!

End of game spoilers:

I'm a bit disappointed with the last mansion, but being a Zelda fan, I can't say I was surprised by the final-dungeon-a-combination-of-all-previous-dungeons trope. The last couple of missions were suitably intense; ironically enough, I had more trouble with the Big Boo and the train than I did with ghost invasion, the big knight, and King Boo himself. Honestly though, I feel like the first boss in the game was the peak when it came to bosses- the ice boss in particular was awfully lame, especially following up what I thought was the best mansion in the game. I don't play Luigi's Mansion for the story but the ending scenes still managed to be heartwarming to me. Bless that Polterpup, it saved my ass more than a couple times in the last mansion!

Neckbeard69

Neo Member
Today is the day. I have the whole day to search the city for a shop that has it.
Surely there is one shop that stocked the game a day too early here in Yuroland?

Furiously adding everyone in the friendcode list to my 3DS. I would love to have some multiplayer shenanigans this evening.

My code: 2062-9134-0243

Nezumi

Is there a boo in every mission? Some missions I looked everywhere and didn't see one.

Every mission where there is a second dot left of the space were the ranking medal goes. So basically every mission exept the boss missions. And they are hidden so you can't just "see" them in the missions. In most cases the blacklight is required to find them.

This game should be in my hands by the end of today, along with Fire Emblem. Crazy how fast TRU's standard shipping is. I can vividly remember playing through the first Luigi's Mansion on the GameCube after camping out overnight to get the system.

Sinthetic

mCoYjJl.jpg

vvyqqSR.jpg

Time to get my squeeze on.

Just completed it, 20 hours play time.

Will post more coherent thoughts later. Absolutely charming game from start to finish and it was wonderful to see Next Level Games' staff take up the vast majority of the credits. I hope they continue their partnership with Nintendo and continue to grow.

K' Dash

I have it since last sunday and haven't finished the first mansion, I've been taking my time exploring and trying to get 3 stars on all missions, but I think I'll do that post game.

If you're reading and are on the edge, just buy it, you won't regret it.

K' Dash

Today is the day. I have the whole day to search the city for a shop that has it.
Surely there is one shop that stocked the game a day too early here in Yuroland?

Furiously adding everyone in the friendcode list to my 3DS. I would love to have some multiplayer shenanigans this evening.

My code: 2062-9134-0243

Where do you live? Im looking to do 10 floor SecareScrapper rounds tonight, I'll add you, I'm on the list as K' Dash

jufonuk

not tag worthy
If it's game, you can bet it'll be £39.99

balls man they did so well with agressive pricing now they are slipping back, I want to support them and have purchased a few game from them instead of amazon, but if they keep up this current pricing model I am jumping back to Amazon

Totally fine with both NLG and Retro being Nintendo's go-to Western devs. I would say the other one I love is Monster Games. Give them all the Nintendo IPs.

Finally got a german copy of the game :D

Now I just need to write 2 more pages on my bachelor thesis, get home from work and hunt down some ghosts! ... CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!

Really thinking about getting this.
Cant decide if i should download it or buy it physically. How big is the file? Only got the standard SD-Card in it and New Super Mario Bros. 2 on it. (I think there are like 5800 Block left after I deleted some stuff yesterday)

Is the online part as awesome as the videos are showing?

balls man they did so well with agressive pricing now they are slipping back, I want to support them and have purchased a few game from them instead of amazon, but if they keep up this current pricing model I am jumping back to Amazon

lol I can't remember them ever not aggressively pricing things. I think I even saw Mario Kart 7 for £44.99 once.

Gosh darn, that stress ball looks terrible.

I understand it's a pre-order bonus, but come! At least try and make it worth the price, GAME.

the seam is in such a bizarre spot. It should be made so the Boo's face is one piece and his tail another, with the seam going that way across the middle, rather than cutting right through the center of his face.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
lol I can't remember them ever not aggressively pricing things. I think I even saw Mario Kart 7 for £44.99 once.

all I remember is after they nearly went bust they honoured the online pricing in shop, for a few weeks at least they seemed to be trying to stay aggresive now it seems all the prices are up.

ohh well I will continue to use them for second hand games and the odd day one releases (Luigi's for example)

but I think in future it will be a combination of eShop & Amazon with the odd purchase from game.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Woo! Thanks to ShopTo, my copy of the game arrived just now. My avatar doesn't know what he's in for. ;)

201303271402532.jpg

Im going to get this from HMV [UK] as I have some store credit with them. Anyway know if they are still do trade-ins?, I would check on their website but of course it has that holding page about their administration.
Thankfully my local store is one of the few which is still open.

gerudoman

Got hit with a game-breaking bug on the 4th mansion which Luigi got stuck. Had to restart the mission. :(

Same here, in my case in C-2. It seems like they were a bit short of time, because there is a good amount of technical bugs. Unacceptable given the long period of development and the delays the game has suffered.

Top Bottom