• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Animekatt

Just FYI, to add yourself to the spreadsheet, you need to access the submission "form". The link to the form is hidden inside the OP to prevent lurkers from adding themselves. You have to quote the OP to reveal the link. :)

Thanks! I added myself to the list. ^^

Tom_Cody

No there aren't. Should be added to the OP really, people ask it every couple pages.
Thanks. I did a search of the thread prior to posting and there were some scatter mentions of street/spot pass features that just confused me further. I guess they were just talking about the service in general and not this game.

Sanic

If anybody had added me and I haven't added back, I apologize. I'm gonna go through the list at some point over the next day or so.

Played Scarescraper a few times. Failed miserably, never made it past the first floor :p

eggwolio

I added myself to the list again with the proper(and properly formatted this time) friend code. Maybe now some of my friend requests will be confirmed!

Really enjoying the game. There are a few gripes (that are personal and not gamebreaking) for me:

The art style is beautiful, but I miss the semi gothic art style of the first. It was a lot more creepier, imo. I'm only on the first mansion, though. The game is very pretty. I just miss that overall "darkness".

Mission structure? Yeah it works for a portable game, but the fun part of the Luigi's Mansion was exploring on your own. Once again, a minor gripe from me. Nothing you all should be worried about. Also, do mansions get bigger and darker? The first one is kind of meh so far.

I miss rotating the C stick to capture ghosts. Yeah the way it's implemented here works, but something about using the C stick on the GameCube games made capturing ghosts a lot more hectic. Now it's like I'm just pressing a direction backwards and pressing the A button. Once again, only on the first mansion, so hopefully there will be harder ghosts later on. And speaking of that, are there any unique ghosts like in the first one? Like the family members? The cool part about the first one was solving the puzzles and capturing the unique family ghosts.

Things I do love though:

The dark light is awesome. The sheer satisfaction of interacting with pretty much everything to find something. Upgrading your Poltergust. A sequel to an amazing game. I'll be trying out the multiplayer at our Streetpass meet on Saturday. Seems fun and hectic.

zroid

Banned
gosh, these gems are really well-hidden

I've already missed two apparently and I only just completed the 3rd mission!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So does anyone know how to make Luigi say "Over Here" in multiplayer?
It's not one of the four directions on the pad...

I haven't tried it so maybe this is a dumb idea, but have you tried touching whatever room on the touchscreen?

Yofaycesux

Neo Member
So bit of an odd request, I'd like to trade my Luigi's code for a game download code, or at least part of it. Totally want that Layton or Stairfax game, but I have no XL and will not buy one since I already traded up my Black for a Purple when it release
unless NoA stops being stupid and gives us that delicious ACXL, then I'm literally buying two.

In other news, where the hell is the oval gem in the first mansion? I got every other one, but I cant find it. Could I get an idea of where its at? I want to find it on my own, but I don't want to scour the entire mansion again, for like the tenth time.

fernoca

Got the game yesterday, finally!
And wow! Next-Level sure put a lot of love and care into this game. The visuals, the music, the nods, the eater eggs, the little details, the overall polish. Really impressed. Was expecting it to control "weird", but was pleasently surprised at how easy it is to the Poltergust.

Haven't tried the online yet, but at least a friend also got it (which was a surprise of sorts as he never gets 3DS games "day one". But he really loved Luigi's Mansion back then, so guess the nostalgia caught with him).

So bit of an odd request, I'd like to trade my Luigi's code for a game download code, or at least part of it. Totally want that Layton or Stairfax game, but I have no XL and will not buy one since I already traded up my Black for a Purple when it release
unless NoA stops being stupid and gives us that delicious ACXL, then I'm literally buying two.

In other news, where the hell is the oval gem in the first mansion? I got every other one, but I cant find it. Could I get an idea of where its at? I want to find it on my own, but I don't want to scour the entire mansion again, for like the tenth time.

Stairfax... :p
About the first gem (trying to be as not spoilerish and vague as possible)look at one of the windows and see "man's best friend". :p (unless there's another gem or another mansion, in that case..dont't know :p)

Coconut

Banned
I'm interested in how the game renders the single player levels cuz I was just playing scarescraper solo and the framerate was buttery smooth.

At the 2nd mansion. The mansion is bigger and the missions seem longer. First mission was great. I was stuck at some of the puzzles. This game is so varied and never boring.

IllumiNate

Game is tons of fun! I never played the first one on GC but I'm loving it so far.
I added lots of you to my FC list, add me back 298158751134

Seems some folks want to get that Scarescraper thing going soon since they're getting the game this week. How does it unlock? Do you have to finish one mansion to unlock a few levels?

Coconut

Banned
Seems some folks want to get that Scarescraper thing going soon since they're getting the game this week. How does it unlock? Do you have to finish one mansion to unlock a few levels?

It unlocks once you get all the poltergust attachments in the first mansion so like after the third mission.

qko

Amazon are really so-so with meeting launch date delivery, but shipping it now instead of tomorrow is good news.

They never meet it. I think that's why they stopped charging a dollar guarranting Release day delivery since I got my money back on that every single time. I've pre-ordered about 6 games through them and the only game I got relatively soon was Mass Effect 3 two days after it had been released. I thought after that having Amazon Prime there would be a difference but it really hasn't changed.

Now, I wouldn't mind the late deliveries, but their customer service people are always so insistant that you will recieve it by the delivery date (which is always on the official release day), and it comes to you a week later. This just happened to me with Monster Hunter 3U which still had not shipped the night before release day and one of their Customer Service Reps told me I would definitely be getting it the next day. Arrived Saturday afternoon.

Yofaycesux

Neo Member

Its one of the unlocks for A-2 or 3 I want to say? I think you need to have gotten all the basic equipment so you aren't wondering how the heck the rainbow shooty thing works.

Stairfax... :p
About the first gem (trying to be as not spoilerish and vague as possible)look at one of the windows and see "man's best friend". :p (unless there's another gem or another mansion, in that case..dont't know :p)

That's actually not the one I mean, I think its the fifth one? Its a tear drop, not the
one out in the tree.

khaaan

Yep, I think the entire thing gets unlocked pretty early on. You need to complete the first three or four missions and it'll open up for you.

Coconut

Banned
They never meet it. I think that's why they stopped charging a dollar guarranting Release day delivery since I got my money back on that every single time. I've pre-ordered about 6 games through them and the only game I got relatively soon was Mass Effect 3 two days after it had been released. I thought after that having Amazon Prime there would be a difference but it really hasn't changed.

Now, I wouldn't mind the late deliveries, but their customer service people are always so insistant that you will recieve it by the delivery date (which is always on the official release day), and it comes to you a week later. This just happened to me with Monster Hunter 3U which still had not shipped the night before release day and one of their Customer Service Reps told me I would definitely be getting it the next day. Arrived Saturday afternoon.

The use to break street date all the time with their shipping, I miss those days.

That is so weird, Mass Effect 3 is exactly the reason I stopped using them, and because I got it two days after release. Got it Sunday, when I had no time to play it. Complained, and vowed I'd never go with them. Sorry, if you don't ship until the day before, you're an idiot.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I am actually using the gyro to aim quite a bit, but the feature itself always seems counter-intuitive to 3D. If I move it around I mess the image up, so I just haven't been playing with it on.

zroid

Banned
I am actually using the gyro to aim quite a bit, but the feature itself always seems counter-intuitive to 3D. If I move it around I mess the image up, so I just haven't been playing with it on.

That's true generally, but the way it's implemented in this game makes it less of a problem, because you're primarily tilting vertically -- this doesn't break the 3D quite so easily as tilting horizontally.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Looking forward to buying this tomorrow with my SDM 20x point event. I might take those points and flip it for a free Pokemon Mystery Dungeon too!

OwlyKnees

Thank god they brought back Luigi's Mansion. Seriously, I'm having more fun with this than any other game I've played this year.

If this isn't in my top five list for the end of the year, then I'm darn eager to see the rest of the year.

Top Bottom