• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

I had a boo in the fourth mission of the second mansion get stuck in the floor when it died and I wasn't able to collect it. Leaving and entering the room again didn't respawn it (although I still heard the boo giggle).

The one in the "Family Room" where you have to move the painting. Leaving and re-entering the room didn't re-move the painting, so I had no way of re-triggering the boo event unless I restarted the mission

That wasn't a particularly long mission, but still, I was half done with it, I didn't want to redo it all over because of a stupid glitch :/

anyone else's canadian copy has no english manual?

I actually wrote to Nintendo customer support to complain, and they replied with this:

Hello,

I'm glad you have taken the time to contact us. I can appreciate your interest in obtaining the English manual for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. In order for us to send you the correct manual, we will need some additional information. Please reply to this email with the following information:

. First and Last Name.
. Phone Number.
. Complete Mailing Address.

Once we have this information, we will look further into the situation and send you a manual in English.

Sincerely,

Curtis Neal
Nintendo of America Inc.

Watch out Canada, nintendo ninjas are being dispatched to Canada as we speak! lol

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
The European cover of the game glows in the dark, by the way. Just tried it now, though it's far too dark to take a picture of.

So I couldn't contain myself and I bought the game. Is a shame that I have to wait till the weekend to actually play it.

I have a question and maybe you guys can help me out ( since there is no 3DS thread): I'm going on a trip in summer, and it seems like to much hassle to take my 3DS+ all the game cartridges. I would hate to lose a game thousands of miles away, so I'm trying to find a good memory card(bigger the memory and speed card the better) for my 3DS XL to buy some games digitally. Any recommendations? Price is not an issue, and would preferably would like to know good options in Amazon(US).

Edit: I know nothing of the type of memory cards needed for 3DS.

So I couldn't contain myself and I bought the game. Is a shame that I have to wait till the weekend to actually play it.

I have a question and maybe you guys can help me out ( since there is no 3DS thread): I'm going on a trip in summer, and it seems like to much hassle to take my 3DS+ all the game cartridges. I would hate to lose a game thousands of miles away, so I'm trying to find a good memory card(bigger the memory and speed card the better) for my 3DS XL to buy some games digitally. Any recommendations? Price is not an issue, and would preferably would like to know good options in Amazon(US).

Amazon would be a great option. SD cards in general are not that expensive, and a 32GB card would set you off for a while.

Just a standard SD card, like you put in a digital camera

sandisk-2gb-sd-card.jpg

zroid

Banned
I actually wrote to Nintendo customer support to complain, and they replied with this:

Hello,

I'm glad you have taken the time to contact us. I can appreciate your interest in obtaining the English manual for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. In order for us to send you the correct manual, we will need some additional information. Please reply to this email with the following information:

. First and Last Name.
. Phone Number.
. Complete Mailing Address.

Once we have this information, we will look further into the situation and send you a manual in English.

Sincerely,

Curtis Neal
Nintendo of America Inc.

Watch out Canada, nintendo ninjas are being dispatched to Canada as we speak! lol

I'm tempted to follow through with this :p

I want my English pamphlet!

marjo

Ok, I think I'm now officially the world's worst Luigi's mansion player. I failed A-4 after Boo killed me... twice. One time, I even had the gold bone (so I guess he killed me 3 times) :(

Amazon would be a great option. SD cards in general are not that expensive, and a 32GB card would set you off for a while.

Just a standard SD card, like you put in a digital camera

What is the best brand? Can I go higher than 32 GB? From now on I think I'll go all digital so I would love something bigger than 32 GB.

Edit: Found this, says is class 10 (don't know if matters) http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005TUQU00/?tag=neogaf0e-20

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Cross posting from the 3DS thread but:

I got a call from Game, I have my copy of weegee to pick up tomorrow, I am excite, but I think I am getting the buyers remorse, I hope the game is awesome and lives up to my hype..(never played the first game)

I can't wait though :)

oh can I get my Avatar Weegee'd?

Mine arrived!!!!

Anyone up for the multiplayer tonight or later? I'm in Europe.

Secondly, disappointed at the lack of nose wobble.

I'm in love already.

Lexxism

How do I capture boo again? I already did it with A-missions but can't do with B-missions. Looks like I'm missing something.. His life stays at 3.

ElRenoRaven

Ah finally I have my copy. I so can't wait to play the game. I just want to bust it out and play it right now but I'm busy working so I can't. :( Luckily lunch break is soon.

Gartooth

Managed to
get all gems and Boos in the game. It was certainly a fun treasure hunt. :D Also never even noticed until now that getting all gems in a mansion unlocks a bonus Luigi statue.

Also I did all 5 secret missions. Is there any reward for finishing all 5? E. Gadd mentioned seeing King Boo again, but is there anything extra such as a secret ending, or was it just an off hand remark?

had a blast playing local multi player with my friends...especially that rush mode.. XD
i just know that in order to download play Luigi Mansion 2, you need the latest firmware or you just can't join.

Neiteio

Finished the second mansion, Haunted Towers, 100 percent, and started Old Clockworks last night.

Haunted Towers is PERFECT.

It really is. I wouldn't change a single mission, puzzle, enemy encounter or environmental detail. Just such a marvelously well-done world. The boss and lead-up to the boss was top-notch, as well. When it starts raining in Haunted Towers... Gorgeous. The music is superb, too -- I wish I could find it on YouTube.

Old Clockworks seems promising so far. I have a major gear fetish, an itch this mansion is scratching! The whole premise of a crumbling clock factory filled with dust and ghosts from years of neglect is appetizing.

Also tried ScareScrapers in Hunter Mode on Hard. Hard difficulty or higher is definitely the way to go if you're playing with others; it forces you to work together and everyone ends up contributing nicely. So much fun, with some really intense moments that required a lot of dodging while reeling in the ghosts. :)

Nekobo

Just got my copy! Big fan of the first game, so I'm pretty stoked to play this.

My friend code is: 4425-1477-8897

I'll bring this to Sakura-con this weekend, so hopefully I play with local players, too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Woo! Thanks to ShopTo, my copy of the game arrived just now. My avatar doesn't know what he's in for. ;)

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8973/201303271402532.jpg
Oh I thought the Boo was a GAME exclusive. I had points to get rid of anywho which is why I got it from them. Now I'm free of them. Also they got it me on time so I can't complain and in a massive padded envelope which I sometimes wonder is as a result of a complaint I made years ago.

Booo the Euro box doesn't have the inner box art like most Nintendo first party boxes =(
While disappointing it is glow in the dark which is a nice alternative.

Finished the second mansion, Haunted Towers, 100 percent, and started Old Clockworks last night.

Haunted Towers is PERFECT.

It really is. I wouldn't change a single mission, puzzle, enemy encounter or environmental detail. Just such a marvelously well-done world. The boss and lead-up to the boss was top-notch, as well. When it starts raining in Haunted Towers... Gorgeous. The music is superb, too -- I wish I could find it on YouTube.

Old Clockworks seems promising so far. I have a major gear fetish, an itch this mansion is scratching! The whole premise of a crumbling clock factory filled with dust and ghosts from years of neglect is appetizing.

Agreed, the music for Haunted Towers really stood out to me. I hope the other levels are just as great.

OwlyKnees

Like others have said, I can only play this game at night. Lights out. With good-quality headphones. It feels wrong playing it during the day. Much like a horror game, as although it's not scary per se, it goes against the entire motif.

In short, this means that despite owning the game, I have to think about playing it all day. It's worth the wait.

Despera

Banned
Hey WTF?!

I just got the game and there's no Club Nintendo code here. Dammit!

Is it because mine is a Middle Eastern version? First time this happens to me.

jaz013

Banned
Just get the game yesterday, finished the first mission, then leave it in order to be punish my self by watching a cringe-worthy demonstration of mediocrity (the Mex-Usa World Cup qualifiers game).

So far, the only regret I have is never have played the GC game (and all because some friends make fun of the way Luigi acts). Other than that, the game is excellent.

My FC is: 1461-6309-7265.

Sanic

Went through and added around 10 more people. Honestly, I don't see myself playing much more ScareScraper anytime soon, so if you've added me and I have yet to add you back, feel free to remove me from your list. I don't want to add 40+ more people that i'll likely never play with :(

ElRenoRaven

So lunch break went by way too damn fast. Finished the first mission and I'm already hooked. I like the controls. They work surprisingly well. Everything just feels natural too. I do like the changes to how you catch ghosts. It works really well with the platform here. I can't wait to get some of the Multiplayer going once I unlock it.

Chromie

Banned

Edit: I know nothing of the type of memory cards needed for 3DS.

Get this. 32gb Class 10 card. I have a lot of big games downloaded like Monster Hunter Ultimate and Fire Emblem Awakening too. I'm already half way full! I might need a bigger SD card. Does the 3DS support 64gb? I'd gladly pay the price for one.

The card you linked is $32 that's a dollar a meg!

amrum

Same here, in my case in C-2. It seems like they were a bit short of time, because there is a good amount of technical bugs. Unacceptable given the long period of development and the delays the game has suffered.

I also had a sound bug in the second mansion. Damn i'm not used to see (hear) suchs bugs in Nintendo games...

Maybe they will patch the game like they did for Mario Kart 7's glitch...

Gartooth

OK, so I guess
you don't get anything special after finishing all 5 bonus levels and beating King Boo again. Guess that they just threw in the bonus levels so that people have some single player score attack they can do. Also find it funny how E5 and E-Bonus basically are both score attacks, but E5 is leagues harder than the actual bonus level.

Overall, a fun romp through the game. Definitely going to make room this summer and do another 100% single player romp once the puzzle solutions aren't as immediately obvious as they are right now.

addyb

Is there a lot of legs in the MP side of things? Been on a self imposed blackout with this game but a couple of reviews have raved about the multi player aspect.

How many hours would you say the SP is?

Mine is coming tomorrow with a Lego city. Cannot wait :)

LakeEarth

I got to try this out for awhile at a TRU. Wow, really impressed. I never thought we'd get more Luigi's Mansion, and it be this good! My only problem was having to tilt the system to aim the vacuum with 3D on. Blinding.

Soo... I finally played the first two missions and I must say that I totally fell in love with this game. It just feels great to wander around in this beautiful mansion and... god, there's so much to see and explore.

Can't wait to unlock multiplayer. I believe my bachelor thesis will suffer the next few days :D Thank god easter is coming with a few days off!

Oh I thought the Boo was a GAME exclusive. I had points to get rid of anywho which is why I got it from them. Now I'm free of them. Also they got it me on time so I can't complain and in a massive padded envelope which I sometimes wonder is as a result of a complaint I made years ago.

It wasn't GAME exclusive? huh. Glad I used a discount code or I'd be pissed on wasting money!

Tyeforce

I got to try this out for awhile at a TRU. Wow, really impressed. I never thought we'd get more Luigi's Mansion, and it be this good! My only problem was having to tilt the system to aim the vacuum with 3D on. Blinding.
You don't have to use the gyro controls to aim. You can use the X and B buttons instead.

Just get the game yesterday, finished the first mission, then leave it in order to be punish my self by watching a cringe-worthy demonstration of mediocrity (the Mex-Usa World Cup qualifiers game).

So far, the only regret I have is never have played the GC game (and all because some friends make fun of the way Luigi acts). Other than that, the game is excellent.

My FC is: 1461-6309-7265.

Yeah i hope nintendo makes the first game available on the e-shop.
Also just added you

you, me, and everyone else :(

I refuse to give up

by the way, your avatar is amazing :lol All it needs is a Luigi hat :)

Yeah the tear gem for the first mansion is very hard to get. I was going crazy looking for it.

Top Bottom