• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Not sure, just disconnected. And yeah, no kidding. Love all these damn super cramped rooms. And that's the second time I've gotten a jar on my head during the scramble :(

GRW810

Just picked this up. Tempted to dive in but I'm on the last dungeon in Ocarina of Time 3D and organised, structured part of me is saying 'one game at a time.'

OwlyKnees

Did anyone else experience this glitch?

*Very minor information about the first mission, roughly 5 minutes into the game*

In the room to the right of the entrance, you can look through a window to see a Polterpup playing with a gem.

Did anyone else get a sound glitch here? Everytime I used the window it would make all the sound effects, apart from the music, disappear. Had to restart three times. :(

Still, was fine if I avoided it. Wondering if anyone else had it? It happened consistently for me.

Chopper

Picked it up this morning from Game (along with two Meloettas), and had time to play through the first mission before work. Lovely stuff. There was clearly a room I didn't enter though, so I will be playing that mission again as soon as I can. What are the collectibles? Obviously money, and I got a golden bone? Anything else I need to be looking out for in each level?

DaBoss

Picked it up this morning from Game (along with two Meloettas), and had time to play through the first mission before work. Lovely stuff. There was clearly a room I didn't enter though, so I will be playing that mission again as soon as I can. What are the collectibles? Obviously money, and I got a golden bone? Anything else I need to be looking out for in each level?

Gems. You may not be able to get them the first time you see them. You also collect Boos.

EDIT: Didn't mark that as a spoiler since it is in the OP. :p

OwlyKnees

Gems hidden throughout each mansion, which can then be viewed in the vault.

Also, hidden Boos that you will need the darklight to find.

jrush64

Banned
My first Luigi's Mansion game. And I'm loving it so much. I love the little touches of how Luigi jumps at almost every loud noise. Game has a lot of charm to it.

About to play the second mission now. Great game.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
ok, I couldn't wait, I plumped for the DL copy instead of the physical, the price in GAME and on the eshop are the same so I decided the option to take Weegee with me where ever was just too much, ok I am giving up on getting the glow in the dark box and the boo stress ball (which looking at the photo's looks like crap)

instead the £5 pre-order deposit I will use to purchase eshop points at Game, so I may buy Code of Princess in April, onto the game.

I wish I stayed out of the impressions etc as well it couldn't live up to the hype I had for it in my head, for the first 20 mins then as I settled into the game, holy fuck it's awesome.

I am sure everyone has branded around Ghostbusters, but boy does the game feel like a cross between that an old point and click adventure and a treasure hunt... I am only only the first mansion and the third part.

I love this game. please Nintendo give NLG more work they are amazing. the little details added to the game, the little touches make this game, I am so glad it got delayed as this game is fucking awesome, it's like a living cartoon at time.

this is a Nintendo Game through and through, I am guessing they wre guided by Miyamoto or someone in Nintendo but mostly left too it, but holy hell this is awsome.

possible my GoTY 2013 (I will decide after I complete it) also when do I unlock Multiplayer?

The rate the eshop is going I will need to buy a 32Gb card (any suggestions)

I want to get Code, Heroes, Mercs HarmoKnight too looks good, anyways enough babbling, I am at work.

Majine

Banned
Game looks really great. These guys really know how to scale a game correctly for the platform (as opposed to MH3U which feels really cramped).

Oxx

Tempted by the digital. Amazon UK is £8 cheaper, but if I go for free postage I probably won't receive it until this time next week.

GeekyDad

Finish Ocarina as this will consume your life.

All right...all right. Hold up a minute. It's comments like this that send my interest meter into the red.

How so? I wait for games like that. I mean, I'll play anything good, but I'm always on the lookout for something with staying power. I was under the impression this was a fairly short adventure.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Tempted by the digital. Amazon UK is £8 cheaper, but if I go for free postage I probably won't receive it until this time next week.

I like the aility to take a few retail games on the go as well a game in the cart, Gaming (OCD/plus depending on how long I fancy playing I have the option of changing to another game)

just one thing. if my current XL dies etc, do I lose access to the games I downloaded?

or in theory can I migrate them to a replacment unit?

My first Luigi's Mansion game. And I'm loving it so much. I love the little touches of how Luigi jumps at almost every loud noise. Game has a lot of charm to it.

About to play the second mission now. Great game.

You also gotta love how he hums along with the game theme throughout his exploration of the mansion.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This game is special. In the sense it's unlike anything I've played (I missed the GC opus), and in terms of atmosphere.

It sets a new standard for kids who discover videogames with this title.

Oxx

I like the aility to take a few retail games on the go as well a game in the cart, Gaming (OCD/plus depending on how long I fancy playing I have the option of changing to another game)

just one thing. if my current XL dies etc, do I lose access to the games I downloaded?

or in theory can I migrate them to a replacment unit?

I think you're in trouble if the 3ds goes bye-bye.

I guess if you link your Club Nintendo account and cry enough to customer service they might throw you a bone, but probably not.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
All right...all right. Hold up a minute. It's comments like this that send my interest meter into the red.

How so? I wait for games like that. I mean, I'll play anything good, but I'm always on the lookout for something with staying power. I was under the impression this was a fairly short adventure.

You can always replay the mansions to find gems, boos, and get a better ranking on the missions. Aside from that, multiplayer is really fun, and can be challenging, so there's a lot of replay value there.

I wouldn't say 12-15 hours is short for the kind of game it is. There is also multiplayer and you can replay missions to collect things which open up more missions.

ElRenoRaven

You know finally got to the point I unlocked the Multiplayer and I have to say I'm still loving this game. It really makes me hope that Nintendo will do another one for the WII U also. I want to see this franchise continue on more then just 1 game every 10 years.

Madouu

aww shit :( , if that's the case

If your 3ds breaks, the way to keep your digital downloads is to send it to Nintendo for repairs.

You know finally got to the point I unlocked the Multiplayer and I have to say I'm still loving this game. It really makes me hope that Nintendo will do another one for the WII U also. I want to see this franchise continue on more then just 1 game every 10 years.

More adventure games in the same vein would be very welcome, not necessarily Luigi's Mansion 3 imo.

I feel that way too for a lot of franchises but more recently Kid Icarus.

zroid

Banned
I think you're in trouble if the 3ds goes bye-bye.

I guess if you link your Club Nintendo account and cry enough to customer service they might throw you a bone, but probably not.

That really isn't a fair assessment and you're misinforming people by making it. Their policies are such that you should be able to retrieve your digital property if you take the necessary measures. It has little to do with crying and bones being thrown.

Velcro Fly

So I think I'm stuck in B-2 and need to restart the level to complete it.

I ignored the gate and went around exploring the mansion and now I can't use the lift underneath the bed to get to the basement where the final pinwheel is located. I've got the boo, 3 gems, and over 1k treasure but I have no idea of I can do that part again.

That is some truly abysmal level design if I can't get back down there in order to complete the mission.

Velcro Fly

Use the balloon plant growing to the top of the bed to fly over the barrier and down the shaft

Makes me wonder what the hell I've been looking at to miss that! Thanks!

I saw there was a plant growing there and did nothing but shine my light at it thinking it was hidden. Golly the puzzles in this game are humbling.

Oxx

That really isn't a fair assessment and you're misinforming people by making it. Their policies are such that you should be able to retrieve your digital property if you take the necessary measures. It has little to do with crying and bones being thrown.

You're right. Apologies. I wasn't really proclaiming myself as some kind of expert. What necessary measures?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You're right. Apologies. I wasn't really proclaiming myself as some kind of expert. What necessary measures?

You call them up, send in your 3DS and they'll fix it with all the digital stuff still available if it's been broken. If it's been stolen you get a copy of the police report and send that along with the 3DS. Or if you straight up just get a new 3DS all you need to do is run the transfer program yourself (this requires having both new and old with you). They have a whole page dedicated to this stuff somewhere in an faq. An account system would be better, but you're far from fucked currently.

zroid

Banned

No problem. Certainly the process is more of a hassle than it should be (as in, it shouldn't be a hassle at all), but basically it's like this:

If your system breaks or malfunctions, you need to send it to Nintendo for repairs, and they will either fix it and restore your purchases, or send you a new system with your purchases intact.

If your system is lost or stolen, you need to file a lost or stolen property police report and forward it to Nintendo. Once you've purchased a new system they can credit the software back to you. I think being a Club Nintendo member makes this process go more smoothly, but generally they should be able to do it if you have the serial number. Everyone should keep a record of their serial numbers for this reason!

fake edit: beaten, but oh well :p

MrKaepora

Taking my time with the game, obtaining three stars in all missions of the first mansion when I have two surprises, one
I found a golden ghost in the car (wasn't expecting him to pop up)
and two,
discovered that you can get to a secret location through the dog house in the mission where you look for the dark-light device.

Still haven't found the tear drop amethyst :(

dankir

Jesus this game is sick. Fucking gorgeous too, I can't believe the 3DS can make games this pretty.

Fun as hell and the music and little details are fantastic. Hats off to the devs.

JeTmAn81

I died there too, I was silly and didn't look for the "pattern".

I looked for a pattern but didn't have the right idea on my own. I actually looked up how to beat it after dying twice and having to trek through the entire mission to get back to the boss every time. That might be my #1 pet peeve with games, unnecessary repetition. Fortunately the game doesn't do this very much.

Top Bottom