• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shymalan's New Sci-Film (Written By GARY WHITTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Night killed the potential for good Airbender movies for a long time. I heavily dislike him for that.

Smith was WILDLY inappropriate for a remake of The Karate Kid which featured Jackie Chan. I heavily dislike him for that.

Dunno who Whitta is except he posts here and wrote for Eli.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO

If it wasn't for Will Smith then I'd suggest we were witnessing the death of Whitta's career. However we may still be witnessing the last death throes of Shyamalan's career... unless he and Whitta are one and the same.

whatatwist.gif

FlightOfHeaven said:
Night killed the potential for good Airbender movies for a long time. I heavily dislike him for that.

Smith was WILDLY inappropriate for a remake of The Karate Kid which featured Jackie Chan. I heavily dislike him for that.

Dunno who Whitta is except he posts here and wrote for Eli.

BOOOOOOOOOOOO
Karate Kid was okay. Have you seen it?

Kosmo

Banned
siddx said:
Why gary why!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, GAF's head explodes.

What other conundrums can we come up with? "Obama announces 2012 re-election campaign, chooses Dick Cheney to replace Biden as VP."

e_i

Shyamalan should just stop doing anything in movies/tv/etc. He should find something else to do. I've heard McDonald's is hiring.

harSon

Banned
Jhriad said:
M. Night Shamalamadingdong destroys yet another burgeoning career. R.I.P. Gary. Your writing will be missed.

Will Smith's presence alone will ensure that this movie makes some serious dough

Beardz

DoctorWho said:
What if Gary saves DingDong?

qFGJN.jpg

kehs

Banned
The story takes place far in the future where a young boy has to navigate an abandoned planet on a space ship that has crashed. On board is his estranged father.

The "future" is actually the past, the father is really the son, and the son is actually the ship.

harSon said:
Will Smith's presence alone will ensure that this movie makes some serious dough
and if the movie doesn't suck, Gary will have work for a long time. Working with Will is a big deal, considering how big Overbrook Ent. is now.

mjc

ultron87 said:
Hopefully the father shoots himself in the foot and has to go ly down. The son them feeds him pizza to fix it.

And then the ship flies into the nearest sun.

aesop

Copernicus said:
The "future" is actually the past, the father is really the son, and the son is actually the ship.

I don't know if I wanna see Will Smith riding his son around a barren planet.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
M Night's name on this movie makes me want to avoid it.

But I haven't seen too many films with Will Smith that I didn't like.

But I wasn't a fan of Book of Eli, either (with the exception of the first fight scene, which was visceral and intense).

I.... I dunno. I'm torn.

Iceman

mr jones said:
M Night's name on this movie makes me want to avoid it.

But I haven't seen too many films with Will Smith that I didn't like.

But I wasn't a fan of Book of Eli, either (with the exception of the first fight scene, which was visceral and intense).

I.... I dunno. I'm torn.

You didn't like the cannibal's house getting blown all to hell with a gatling gun?

mclaren777 said:
I wonder if Gary will comment on this project in here.

Odds are WAY against that happening. Especially with Shyamalan involved. He's super secretive. Probably threatened Whitta at gun point not to breath a word.

Just watched Karate Kid on Netflix last night. It was a really good movie. Wasn't expecting that. But was there a reason why they kept the title "Karate" Kid?

Please be better then the happening, but not so good that me and my friends can't endlessly mock it and dub over the dialog with our own script.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Gary's is a fantastic writer with a killer imagintation. I'd wait till you hear a little more before bringing the lulz.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
Matthew Gallant said:
brailleBible.jpg

What a Bible written in Braille actually looks like. No, those are not 33 copies. That is one Bible.

Did you see that bit in Back to the Future where the guy went back in time. That was SOOO unrealistic. Totally spoiled the movie for me.

Eli memorized the bible. Probably from his iPod. Maybe he was just carrying one of the 33 braille books.

kehs

Banned
Matthew Gallant said:
brailleBible.jpg

What a Bible written in Braille actually looks like. No, those are not 33 copies. That is one Bible.

That's only cause their using an old revision of braille.

Big Baybee said:
Just watched Karate Kid on Netflix last night. It was a really good movie. Wasn't expecting that. But was there a reason why they kept the title "Karate" Kid?

There was some throwaway line that Jaden said about his uncle teaching him some basic Karate techniques. That's why you see him take some kind of fighting stance the first time he has a run in with that little brat.

Wow, this thread.

But I thought the twist in The Book of Eli was decent so I'm cautiously optimistic about this. And the Karate Kid was overall, decent, so Jayden starring in it isn't a huge worry for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom