• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shymalan's New Sci-Film (Written By GARY WHITTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jburton

Banned
An actor who's ability boils down to playing himself in multiple roles tries to push bastard offspring on the world.

For the love of Christ, please make it stop!

p.s. Gary, although everything I have heard so far about this movie (in particular the star) makes me want to hurt myself ............ fuck the haters, good man! ....... get paid!

Expendable. said:
Oh man, it is really happening. location scouting! 'Factory in Bristol, where he shot "Lady in the Water" in 2005.'

Are we sure it wasn't like a sierial killer and he was just returning to the scene of the crime.

Scullibundo said:
GIVE ME UNBREAKABLE 2 ALREADY SO YOU CAN REDEEM BOTH YOURSELF AND SAM JACKSON.

He talked about it for a while during last year New York Comicon. It was fascinating to hear what he had to say, and, If I may say so, he appeared to be a very smart and level-headed guy.

He said it might still happen, but it wouldn't be like the first for multiple reasons.

Littleberu said:
He talked about it for a while during last year New York Comicon. It was fascinating to hear what he had to say, and, If I may say so, he appeared to be a very smart and level-headed guy.

He said it might still happen, but it wouldn't be like the first for multiple reasons.

Like him not having the same restraint and control over tone that he once had.

FStop7 said:
I... what... I don't even

I'm so conflicted.

I want to see Gary Whitta do well.

But the tireless push to make Jaden Smith a star annoys me to the point where I don't like him. And I don't like Shyamalan at all. So they must fail.

This is a no win situation.

I'm with you on this one. I hope Whitta gets his cash regardless of how bad Shamayalan and the Smiths butcher it.

harSon

Banned
I'm so torn. I love Will Smith but I hate M Night Shyamalan. I used to make excuses for him but after The Last Airbender, I don't have any hope for any of his future films. He could have Paul Thomas Anderson penning the script and Daniel Day Lewis, Denzel Washington and Leonard DiCaprio starring, and I'd still assume the film would suck if he were directing.

Whitta just tweeted the most epic of photos.

300606_10150307943376016_679476015_8428773_135179322_n.jpg

Now we just need one with Shyamalan!

Expendable. said:
He took a break then just went through the hellish production that was Men in Black III.
Why doesn't Will Smith work with more talented people? Is it some kind of test to see how bullet proof he's star power is? The only good director he's worked with was Michael Mann then maybe... Michael Bay.

^ lol (at the bathroom joke)

On topic, I loved M. Night's first 3 films (not counting Praying With Anger). I enjoyed Signs the most, the huge twist in Sixth notwithstanding. It just hasn't been the same since. He needs someone to reign him in on his awful scripts. Maybe Gary's the cure.

Epcott

Oh Gary... he's so excited, his nipples are hard.

Maybe the box office good fortune of Smith, and Gary's good writing can salvage any bad fortune M. Night brings to this project?

/psyche!

Epcott said:
Oh Gary... he's so excited, his nipples are hard.

Maybe the box office good fortune of Smith, and Gary's good writing can salvage any bad fortune M. Night brings to this project?

/psyche!

lol i noticed that too.

Couple of things.

- I didn't mind The Karate Kid, so I don't mind Jaden Smith.
- I liked Book Of Eli. It's not magnificent, but I enjoyed it.

But unless M. Night pulls a Sixth Sense on this, it's gonna fucking suck.

onipex

Mr. Pointy said:
Couple of things.

- I didn't mind The Karate Kid, so I don't mind Jaden Smith.
- I liked Book Of Eli. It's not magnificent, but I enjoyed it.

But unless M. Night pulls a Sixth Sense on this, it's gonna fucking suck.

Or an Unbreakable, but I really don't have an issue with M. Night. I even liked The Last Airbender.

Jme

Lake Wobegon shirt, does this mean the film will feature narration by Garrison Keillor? Answer me Mr. Whitta, I must know!

Awesome, I cant wait for this film, lets hope its good, as whitta wrote the script and not Shymalan I am sure it holds up.

A new Scifi film finally!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom