• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shymalan's New Sci-Film (Written By GARY WHITTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esiquio

Beardz said:
qFGJN.jpg

Hahahhahahahaha this picture is amazing. 10/10.

Gary you seem like a pretty chill guy judging from your past posts here (Except for your Special Edition Star Wars movies hate :D), so I think you'll find the humor in that pic. Grats to you for landing this script deal. Gotta confess I've never seen Book of Eli but I have been wanting to since I saw the trailer for it quite a while ago...If it's good I'll have to buy you a beer in downtown before I get transferred out of the Bay Area.

LOCK

Wow can't believe this is coming in 2013.... That's far out! But I will be there day 1 with popcorn and icee (and thousands of calories) ready to go!

elwes

Zaptruder said:
Jesus. Way to attach yourself to some falling stars Gary.

Might as well have signed yourself up for an Uwe Boll movie.

Not sure if you're talking about Will Smith being one of those stars, which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Anything he touches is box office gold.

Karate Kid redeemed my opinion of Jaden Smith. It was a highly enjoyable movie and Jaden Smith was pretty competent in it. I can see him going places, even if those places are reached via the shoulders of his father's success.

As much as I dislike M. Night Shamwow's direction in the last 5-7 years, I still feel like the guy has it in him to make good movies again. His first three were too good to be the only good movies he has in him.

Kibbles said:
I like Will Smith, not too crazy about M. Knight though, some of his recent stuff is complete shit.

"M. Knight" did some amazing early work, though.

Hla9z.jpg

M. Night? He did some awesome work, too. I LOVE Signs. Hopefully we see some of that brought out with a good script by Whitta, and as little Jaden as possible.

Mr. Sam

The Last Airbender was one of the worst things I've ever seen committed to film; it gave me a headache it was so bad.

We'll see about this.

NinjaBoiX

Fio said:
(stupid,overused M.Night "hands together" pic)The picture completely ruin the picture.
Fixed.

Seriously, this is so overused. I don't even think I get what's so funny/relevant about it.

oh wow, Will looks grey there. oh fuck i'm getting older too WTF is this shit, time sucks

anyway congrats to Whitta! and i'm willing to give Shymalan a chance.

NinjaBoiX

astroturfing said:
oh wow, Will looks grey there. oh fuck i'm getting older too WTF is this shit, time sucks

anyway congrats to Whitta! and i'm willing to give Shymalan a chance.
He's had plenty of those dude...

I watch everything with Will Smith is in so I will be forced to check this out. Gary, what's the twist!?!?! :p

Also is Will Smith as awesome IRL as I imagine him to be.

Futureman

Wow Will Smith looks like some average Joe there. He looks skinny and he's greying. WEIRD.

Who's that other guy? Never heard of him. Looks like my birdman drawing:

5625793754_88e9ee9c7d.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I thought Book of Eli was fuck awesome, and I like Will Smith, but I can't stand Shyamalan. *shrugs* I'll be willing to give this flick a chance, however.

I liked Shyamalan's early work (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs, The Village), but it's hard for me to forgive him for ruining Avatar: The Last Air Bender; an amazing cartoon that should have been a no brainer amazing live action movie...

I'll remain cautiously optimistic about this one.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Gary, you're the man.

That is all.

LM4sure

Banned
Didn't Gary Whitta write the screenplay for The Book of Eli? That movie was terrible. No confidence that this movie will be any good with Whitta and M Night attached.

Ooccoo

LM4sure said:
Didn't Gary Whitta write the screenplay for The Book of Eli? That movie was terrible. No confidence that this movie will be any good with Whitta and M Night attached.
No need to shit on his work. I think it was OK.

Ketchup Boy

LMAO, OP's pic of Jaden looks hilarious. lmao

And awwwe, doesn't Gary Whitta look happy? Lucky brah getting to meet Will Smith.

While I didnt enjoy The Book of Eli much at all, and Shyamalans last few movies have been borderline offensively bad, the fact that Will Smith is in this makes it worth my interest. Who knows, maybe the fact that Shyamalan is not writing this might make it ok, but then again him and Whitta teaming up might mean the biggest movie twist we have ever seen. Let me guess, the movie is set in the future....but its actually... the PAST!

Ketchup Boy said:
LMAO, OP's pic of Jaden looks hilarious. lmao

And awwwe, doesn't Gary Whitta look happy? Lucky brah getting to meet Will Smith.
What? I am super happy! I just have a smile that makes me look stupid and gormless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom