• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shymalan's New Sci-Film (Written By GARY WHITTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
https://twitter.com/#!/MNightShyamalan

Two of my favorite movies. Whitta, what have you created?!

tumblr_loqidn2G3p1qmfoslo1_500.gif

This movie is made for me!

JdFoX187

Banned
Makes me laugh every time. It was worse than a couple of years ago when people started trying to call Abrams the next Spielberg.

Well Abrams was doing everything he could to try to make himself the next Spielberg with that god awful Super 8. As for Shyamalan's Twitter quote, he hyped up The Happening likening it to Hitchcock. Don't listen to him.

To be fair, Shymalan's first three films are better than pretty much everything Abrams has done. And I like Abrams.

But since then he has more than dropped the ball.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Shyamalan will always have The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. None of the films Abrams has done even come close. Hell, I might even say some of his later movies, even if they're incredibly flawed, are still more interesting than what Abrams has done. It's the truth.

Shyamalan will always have The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. None of the films Abrams has done even come close. Hell, I might even say some of his later movies, even if they're incredibly flawed, are still more interesting than what Abrams has done. It's the truth.

Will agree with the first part whilst balking at the second.

^^^Same. Though I'd say Signs is also better than anything Abrams has directed so far.

edit: pisses me off that Kyle Chandler didn't appear in War of the Worlds and ended up in Super 8. Why do imitation Spielberg when you can get the real thing?!

Signs is pretty good.

The Village is a very underrated film.

definitely.

even lady in the water has some great moments.

the happening is where things started going wrong. but i think people take that movie way too seriously. the scene where wahlberg talks to a plant is supposed to be stupid.

I enjoy The Village. There is something about it that is stirring and I don't know what it is. Some of that camerawork and drama is effective to me.

Odrion

Banned
I wonder if The Happening was intentionally bad.

It's just so funny. "Check this out! *iPhone video of a man being eaten by lions.*"

FoneBone

Here's the plot synopsis:

“In After Earth, one thousand years after cataclysmic events forced humanity’s escape from Earth, Nova Prime has become mankind’s new home. Legendary General Cypher Raige (played by Will Smith) returns from an extended tour of duty to his estranged family, ready to be a father to his 13-year-old son, Kitai (played by Jaden Smith). When an asteroid storm damages Cypher and Kitai’s craft, they crash-land on a now unfamiliar and dangerous Earth. As his father lies dying in the cockpit, Kitai must trek across the hostile terrain to recover their rescue beacon. His whole life, Kitai has wanted nothing more than to be a soldier like his father. Today, he gets his chance.”

Legendary General Cypher Raige (played by Will Smith)
Cypher Raige (played by Will Smith)
Cypher Raige

jett

D-Member
dat name

so jayden smith is the real star of this movie? And this really is sounding like Planet of the Apes, I imagine there will be mutated humans or something.

Jackpot

Banned
Jaden Smith playing a bratty, ungrateful kid and being the focus of the film is much worse news than "legendary General Rage".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom