• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

M. Night Shymalan's New Sci-Film (Written By GARY WHITTA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maliedoo

haters, im gonna go to the movies and enjoy this, while eating nachos and drinking beer.... go whitta

wish stuff i write would ever be considered for movies, whitta's got it made

Dead

well not really...yet
Lady in the water is given a pass if only for JNHs Score...which is without a doubt one of the finest scores of the past decade

Duki

Banned
the best thing about signs imo is how authentic their reactions to finding out about aliens are

they basically kind of disbelieve it at first and then they just sit down and watch tv because wtf

i thought it was great

The Village was probably the most disappointing film I've ever seen. I was obsessed over it as a kid, devouring every tidbit of info. Then I saw it...and while I liked most of it at the time, the ending was just stupid.

It's also the only film I've seen in the theater where people were so scared they jumped out their seats and almost left the theater lol (at the monster behind the tree reveal)

ElyrionX

The Happening and The Last Airbender are among the worst movies I have ever seen. They are supposed to be big-budget blockbusters and yet manage to scrape the lows of which B-grade movies would even struggle to reach.

Quick update from Night:

First two days of rehearsals went well. There are hundreds of people here working on stunts, sets, costumes, vfx... This place is buzzing.

And some pics from the art department:

jmLIj.png

DCOW1.png

http://www.whosay.com/mnightshyamalan
https://twitter.com/#!/MNightShyamalan

I wish I could support a Gaffer but the name Shyamalan makes me nauseous.

I wonder if he made Gary write his cameo in.

Probably.

KHarvey16

Oh good! I know I'm certainly not alone, but the biggest question I had when I saw this thread was: I sure wonder what chance there is A.KU.MU will preconceive a plan of action concerning a decision to see or not see this movie! Thank you for coming forward to offer the answer; myself and everyone wondering the same surely appreciate the time you took out of the busy kind of day a person of your standing must routinely endure just to share with us.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

You lost weight, Gary. Looking good. Of course as is true of all filmmakers who lose weight, I'm now expecting your efforts on this film to underwhelm.

effzee

Fucking awesome! Congrats man. I know you have met more famous or accomplished people but that's pretty awesome.

Wish the best for this project. I want M NIGHT to make this movie great. I loved his first three movies (6th Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs) and hope he regains the magic.

Keep up with the updates!

Beaulieu

Oh good! I know I'm certainly not alone, but the biggest question I had when I saw this thread was: I sure wonder what chance there is A.KU.MU will preconceive a plan of action concerning a decision to see or not see this movie! Thank you for coming forward to offer the answer; myself and everyone wondering the same surely appreciate the time you took out of the busy kind of day a person of your standing must routinely endure just to share with us.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

well that was hearfelt.
i wonder if youd act like that if the writer of the movie wasnt a gaffer.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I guess Shymalan deserves to redeem himself, I just never want to think about The Last Airbender again.

Anyways, I'm a sucker for Will Smith especially in Sci-Fi.

Want to see what his son can do since he's aged.
Loved The Pursuit of Happyness

jett

D-Member
I guess Shymalan deserves to redeem himself, I just never want to think about The Last Airbender again.

Anyways, I'm a sucker for Will Smith especially in Sci-Fi.

Want to see what his son can do.

I only hope Shyamalan is on a tight leash. The Last Airbender looked like made for network TV crap(this may be an insult to network TV), it truly looked cheap as all fuck, with seriously inept and amateurish direction. I don't understand how that even happened.

And I've only seen a few clips online of it!

This is our Director of Photography Peter Suschitzky, who has been David Cronenberg's DP on every movie since DEAD RINGERS. He also shot KRULL, MARS ATTACKS!, THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW, and oh yeah, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK.

wG6E9.png

He was interested in my camera and used it to take a photo of me, which means I can never ever get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom