• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madcatz reveal Street Fighter V Arcade Sticks and Fight Pad

Greye

Yeah I'm bummed out that I can't find a TE2+, only for ridiculous prices. I'll wait for the inevitable second wave. I hope these things will be readily available soon, or will it be a limited run?

Bii

Wow, didn't realize how much they were selling in the aftermarket. I still got my TE2+ unopened (been using the TES+).

Any USA insight?

Madcatz official twitter replied to someone yesterday and their response was simply that Amazon should be getting their next batch of sticks soon.

I've had a TES ordered since February 17 on Amazon and Madcatz just restocked their own supply of TES sticks yesterday, so I'm hoping Amazon starts shipping by early next week.

Last update on Mad Catz twitter is that it's a work in progress.

I really hope they get it working before Killer Instinct, as I don't know if it will support anything other than X-input and I don't think Windows 10 apps will support wrapper programs.

From the Madcatz twitter, it seems that the SFV sticks are SOL on the xinput support BUT xinput support will be added to the KI season 3 stick that they are going to release along side the game.

Anyway, apparently the Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai for PlayStation®4 with xinput support is a recent revision and the stick's terrible input lag MIGHT have been fixed. Does anyone have both the TE2 and the revised Real Arcade pro 4 that could test if the input lag is indeed fixed??

RedAssedApe

Banned
From the Madcatz twitter, it seems that the SFV sticks are SOL on the xinput support BUT xinput support will be added to the KI season 3 stick that they are going to release along side the game.

Anyway, apparently the Real Arcade Pro. 4 Kai for PlayStation®4 with xinput support is a recent revision and the stick's terrible input lag MIGHT have been fixed. Does anyone have both the TE2 and the revised Real Arcade pro 4 that could test if the input lag is indeed fixed??

The one with the hayabusa buttons? Are you just inferring due to xinput support or did someone post that somewhere else?

HUGE if true. I would love to see the Hayabusa stick/button version with a better PCB but I can't see a major change like a PCB revision that fixes lag not being advertised at all. Then again, they don't want to cannibalize the VLX sales with their turrable PCBs.

RedAssedApe

Banned

good thing no coworkers were around when i clicked on that kappa link. that banner is a bit lol

also noticed they discussed it in the fightstick lag thread on srk. thanks for the heads up. i'm getting my hayabusa hrap4 from amazon tomorrow and still have a kuro hrap4 that i plan on returning to frys. i dont think im qualified to do any real testing tho as im a scrub player. heh

good thing no coworkers were around when i clicked on that kappa link. that banner is a bit lol

also noticed they discussed it in the fightstick lag thread on srk. thanks for the heads up. i'm getting my hayabusa hrap4 from amazon tomorrow and still have a kuro hrap4 that i plan on returning to frys. i dont think im qualified to do any real testing tho as im a scrub player. heh

Ah, I see that Teyah guy is still doing the testing here but haven't had time to updated his site yet. He haven't tested the new Hori line yet but says the Japanese have and confirmed the new Hori line does have the input lag fixed. Guess I'll wait for his confirmation before I drop 150+ on the Hori stick.

Edzi

Last update on Mad Catz twitter is that it's a work in progress.

I really hope they get it working before Killer Instinct, as I don't know if it will support anything other than X-input and I don't think Windows 10 apps will support wrapper programs.

Oh crap, really? That kinda puts a damper on my hype for KI on PC. Maybe I should look into picking up a second Kai, since apparently the newer models have a built in PC mode... But dropping $150 on a third stick I don't technically need might be a bit much, even if I am curious about the Hayabusa buttons.

vg260

From the Madcatz twitter, it seems that the SFV sticks are SOL on the xinput support BUT xinput support will be added to the KI season 3 stick that they are going to release along side the game

Where did you see that about X-input? They posted before release they are working on a firmware update and as of a few days ago, they said x-input support is still a work in progress.

Are the only MadCatz FightSticks with easily interchangeable parts the original "cheap" ($80) Arcade ones (i.e., SF4, TvC, WWE All-Stars, etc.) and the Tournament Edition series? I'm guessing everything else, like the FightStick Alpha, would be a royal pain to swap with legit arcade buttons/sticks? Any competitor sticks recommended that are as easily swappable as the TEs, or even ship with real arcade components?

jluedtke

Madcatz official twitter replied to someone yesterday and their response was simply that Amazon should be getting their next batch of sticks soon.

I've had a TES ordered since February 17 on Amazon and Madcatz just restocked their own supply of TES sticks yesterday, so I'm hoping Amazon starts shipping by early next week.

That's the response I got on Twitter, too. I'm hoping you're right about next week. In the meantime, I just watch my Amazon order longingly...

Where did you see that about X-input? They posted before release they are working on a firmware update and as of a few days ago, they said x-input support is still a work in progress.

https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/702570913137426432

our FightStick products are developed for console, but if youd like to use with PC, there are a few ways to make them work

https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/702577058153525248

we dont handle the Microsoft drivers for PC compatibility of XB1 FightSticks, but expected to be available alongside KI S3

This one was repeated multiple times in the twitter.

I see don't see one where they said they were going to update the firmware but I didn't go too far back in the timeline. If they were going to update the firmware, I would expect that to be repeated more than once to people that are complaining about the stick not working in PC SFV.

Are the only MadCatz FightSticks with easily interchangeable parts the original "cheap" ($80) Arcade ones (i.e., SF4, TvC, WWE All-Stars, etc.) and the Tournament Edition series? I'm guessing everything else, like the FightStick Alpha, would be a royal pain to swap with legit arcade buttons/sticks? Any competitor sticks recommended that are as easily swappable as the TEs, or even ship with real arcade components?

HRAP (Hori Real Arcade Pro) series, Venom, Razer Atrox sticks are all that comes to mind.

Hori's are a mixed bag of Hori or Sanwa parts (some Semitsu special editions from last gen), Venom are generic, Razer Atrox are Sanwa.

vg260

https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/702570913137426432
https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/702577058153525248

This one was repeated multiple times in the twitter.

I see don't see one where they said they were going to update the firmware but I didn't go too far back in the timeline. If they were going to update the firmware, I would expect that to be repeated more than once to people that are complaining about the stick not working in PC SFV.

Those links are referring to out of the box, which is true. Just because they didn't repeat they're working on a firmware update doesn't mean they abandoned the work. People are asking how to get the sticks they own to work over and over. That reply is giving them the existing solution. Also X-input support via firmware is not the same thing as driver support in Windows from Microsoft, which is the issue with the X1 sticks.

original tweet about firmware update:
https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/694215961491013632

Those links are referring to out of the box, which is true. Just because they didn't repeat they're working on a firmware update doesn't mean they abandoned the work. People are asking how to get the sticks they own to work over and over. That reply is giving them the existing solution. Also X-input support via firmware is not the same thing as driver support in Windows from Microsoft, which is the issue with the X1 sticks.

original tweet about firmware update:
https://twitter.com/MadCatz/status/694215961491013632

Awesome, glad they are working on it but man it's been nearly a month since that tweet....

I might have to grab a TES+ around EVO time I would really like another small platform stick to have.

Also do you guys really feel the "lag" on the HRAP4 PCBs or are you just convinced after reading that stick lag thread?

RedAssedApe

Banned
I might have to grab a TES+ around EVO time I would really like another small platform stick to have.

Also do you guys really feel the "lag" on the HRAP4 PCBs or are you just convinced after reading that stick lag thread?

i don't but i'm a scrub. better safe than sorry though. i just bought mine and am still in my return period so i think i have a good excuse :)

i doubt i would sell mine at a loss just to get the new one though.

Armaly

Madcatz site is the worst. Gotta go through the entire checkout process just to see that the side panels and bezel are out of stock.

Madcatz site is the worst. Gotta go through the entire checkout process just to see that the side panels and bezel are out of stock.

I finally got my order through and had to check out as a Guest for some reason, as their Twitter account suggested.

I also used the same e-mail that is associated with my real Madcatz account as part of the guest checkout...

Soo..............really hoping this order works out, otherwise wassup BBB.

Manac0r

Just ordered an octagonal gate for my TE2+ and a bat top. Just want to see how it feels.... It was cheap enough.

I gotta say coming from my TE stick to the TE2+ my only compliant is the width of the TE2+. With the original TE I can have it on my lap with legs naturally apart, but the TE2+ is more narrow and requires me to close my legs a little to support the base. Not major but it means I can't kick back like I did on my TE. Btw I am 6'7" so this might not be valid for everyone.

C-Sword

What if the Fightpad Pro had this dpad?

fpmod.jpg

I ordered the TE2+ while it was in stock and on amazon it says "Arriving Wednesday".
It hasn't shipped yet so does TE2+ being out of stock right now mean I shouldn't be expecting to get it delivered by Wednesday?

If it says it's shipped, you get a tracking number, that means its shipped fam. Doesn't matter if it's outta stock on their site

smoothj

The Alpha is a letdown. I love small form factor sticks, but the buttons blow.

Shit, you serious? I ordered an alpha on Friday supposed to come in this Wednesday.

This will be my first stick ever. Thought it would be a good beginner stick.

Is the stick easy to mod?

Shit, you serious? I ordered an alpha on Friday supposed to come in this Wednesday.

If you can, swap out those buttons with sanwa and for the joystick replace it with a JLF. Will require some modding work but it's as easy as changing the disc in your ps4. Well not as easy but almost as easy...

Murkas

I've somehow lost my OG PS3 TE stick so looking at their latest ones, got some questions:

Why is the Chun Li stick £180 when it's older then the TES stick+ that's £160?

Lol TES2+ is £600

I actually really like the TE sticks, love how heavy and chunky they are, nice and stable, hate my current Venom stick so been using pad all this time :(

Would be cool if buying the sticks comes with a code for free fight money/zenni/outfits/anything!

Justinh

If you can, swap out those buttons with sanwa and for the joystick replace it with a JLF. Will require some modding work but it's as easy as changing the disc in your ps4. Well not as easy but almost as easy...

Yeah, doesn't look too tricky. Apparently a JLF will fit in just fine, and it has the 5pin harness and everything.
Thank God the buttons aren't soldered in like the old Hori EXs.
https://twitter.com/MarkMan23/status/690593694173376512/photo/1

vg260

I've been using the TES+ a bit and overall it's ok, but there are some things that bother me about it.

First, all of the marketing material images and web site photos provided to retailers show the stick and buttons in the same spot is the old TEs with no top metal screw. However in the actual units, there is a screw there so the stick and buttons are shifted down as a result. It's not a huge difference visually, but for me this results in having the base of my hand on the bezel ridge which gets uncomfortable. On the old TE the little bit of extra space prevented this. For such an expensive product where people will be analyzing details, they need to provide accurate images. Their web site still shows the inaccurate images. It's careless at best, and misleading at worst.

This brings me to the second point, I wish they scrapped the raised bezel design. I never thought it was as comfortable as a flat surface. It felt like the part of the design they didn't need to carry over, but it looks like they're reusing the same molds, so I imagine it would have been too expensive to re-do, which is unfortunate.

Also, not a fan of the white share/option buttons since tthe stick is a black and grey design with no white elsewhere, but that's minor.

The L3 and R3 buttons are good to have, but are just a bit too stiff to press where the stick shift on your lap a bit when clicking them due to the force needed.

It has a nice weight though.

Overall it's nice looking, but the hand positioning makes it one of my more uncomfortable sticks to use. Just don't like that ridge.

I can't really recommend this over the Hori 4 Kai which is $50 (or more) less, has a PC switch, more features, and now has the much improved Hayabusa buttons. The Hori does have slightly less wrist space, but the surface itself is fairly comfortable.

gnomed

I've been using the TES+ a bit and overall it's ok, but there are some things that bother me about it.

First, all of the marketing material images and web site photos provided to retailers show the stick and buttons in the same spot is the old TEs with no top metal screw. However in the actual units, there is a screw there so the stick and buttons are shifted down as a result. It's not a huge difference visually, but for me this results in having the base of my hand on the bezel ridge which gets uncomfortable. On the old TE the little bit of extra space prevented this. For such an expensive product where people will be analyzing details, they need to provide accurate images. Their web site still shows the inaccurate images. It's careless at best, and misleading at worst.

This brings me to the second point, I wish they scrapped the raised bezel design. I never thought it was as comfortable as a flat surface. It felt like the part of the design they didn't need to carry over, but it looks like they're reusing the same molds, so I imagine it would have been too expensive to re-do, which is unfortunate.
Wow, do we have the same hands. I experience fatigue compared to the original TEs.

Something I noticed with my Chun TE2. The acrylic surface feels "harder" than what I'm used to, like I'm resting my hands on an extremely hard surface. This has never happened with any of my other sticks, custom plexi etc. I'm not sure what it is, but after 30 mins or so, my hands feel fatigued. Tried my Hori RAP3 with custom poleax and it was fine. My Chun TE original too. Not sure why the "flat" surface feels hard, as my hands are resting the same way.

Almost makes me want to pad under the stick/buttons of this new stick.

It's odd.

entremet

Just so you're aware I have a TE from last generation and a HRAP-SA VX. Those are super premium sticks.

So I'm spoiled.

But I did want a smaller form factor stick for my overall collection. I'm modding it, though.

Eoyote

Neo Member
Just opened my TE2+ and noticed something sounded like it was rattling inside when moving it. Found a lone black nut on the inside where the cable is stored. Is this just a spare or did something come loose?

So with mad catz shit hitting the fan, what's the story with the LED boards that have been OOS? There doesn't seem to be any nice and easy LED setups. $20 add-on makes the te2+ a little more affordable as a package.

Dremark

Banned
Just opened my TE2+ and noticed something sounded like it was rattling inside when moving it. Found a lone black nut on the inside where the cable is stored. Is this just a spare or did something come loose?

It's hard to really say base just on that. I'd take a close look at the sides and see if something fell. If you're still not sure post pics.

Orcastar

My TE2+ didn't come with any spare/loose nuts inside the case, so this certainly sounds odd.

Top Bottom