• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '15 (PS4) Online Franchise Interest Thread: The Thread of Madden Interest

Somnia

Hey Somnia, why don't you just skip the gym on days that you play an east coaster? Or go to the gym after you play? May help things out some. I don't know how much of a nazi you are about your gym schedule but I figure I'd throw it out there.

I can do that and it isn't a problem at all as long as I have an advance idea of who and when I play (aka: we make a set time and date and the person shows up lol). Which would put me home at 9PM CST not 1030PM CST.

Can we get albatross back in our leagues

This warms my cold, flightless heart. This post almost made me go on amazon and buy a PS4. For old time's sake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbURZJs9YcI

I've got an Xbox One and not a PS4... and sadly... even if I bought a PS4 I just don't know if I could put in the time for it. Plus, I used to stress out so much for my games it would give me anxiety. Also, I can vouch for the guy below me, Reneruiz. I've been playing Madden with him for like 10 years, through many forums. If there's an opening, invite him.

myself, phee, luke and cb went through basically all 32 and i'll be posting that tonight. just finishing up the last couple.

for the guys just posting thank you for the interest. there isn't a spot right now but i can basically guarantee something is going to open up. we have never gone through a whole year (not season but year) of madden without someone dropping or getting kicked out.

Here is the list of 32 that we came up with and the wait list after:

1. FMT
2. cb
3. pheeniks
4. Drizzler
5. brentech
6. jabee
7. bob
8. wellington
9. smokey
10. luke
11. eznark
12. squall ASF
13. trasher
14. somnia
15. splat
16. ferny
17. livewire
18. az
19. ramirez
20. rinse
21. nightz
22. greg
23. crimson
24. dcx
25. sanjuro
26. LJ
27. colasante
28. Sickboy
29. dm
30. mcneily
31. Pistolpete
32. storybook

wait list (in no particular order):
soka
reneruiz
caliblue15
ocelott
Thomasbk
crow
purple cheeto
got the shakes
GQman
fixed1979
apatheticone

it was really difficult, and now made even more difficult with what seems like even more good new players being vouched for but this is what it is. if you are on the list of 32 and you don't play or aren't sure about playing speak up now! part of the consideration in the 32 was having the league run as smooth as possible with people who play their games and get things done quickly. if you're having second thoughts about playing say so. there will be inevitable drops and we'll just have to decide who is next in line when that time comes.

of the 32 players in, there are some players with contingencies.... meaning we will keep a close eye and if there are issues then we'll have to replace that player. those contingencies are as follows:

1. dm - miss 2 games in a season and replaced due to basically being a no-show for 3 seasons on ps4
2. smokey - same
3. ramirez - still not allowed to play CPU games (dont think that'll be a problem this year anyways) and watched closely for stat padding issues
4. sanjuro - "pout clause" as i call it although sanjuro says he's not pouting just trying to score more points. i already talked to sanjuro about this but getting blown out and then starting to just fuck around (i.e. throwing 12 picks in a game) or fucking around in general

i'll create the official thread next week or something but again i say if you are on the list of 32 and you don't want to play or dont think you'll get the game or whatever let me know

Smokey

Here is the list of 32 that we came up with and the wait list after:

it was really difficult, and now made even more difficult with what seems like even more good new players being vouched for but this is what it is. if you are on the list of 32 and you don't play or aren't sure about playing speak up now! part of the consideration in the 32 was having the league run as smooth as possible with people who play their games and get things done quickly. if you're having second thoughts about playing say so. there will be inevitable drops and we'll just have to decide who is next in line when that time comes.

of the 32 players in, there are some players with contingencies.... meaning we will keep a close eye and if there are issues then we'll have to replace that player. those contingencies are as follows:

1. dm - miss 2 games in a season and replaced due to basically being a no-show for 3 seasons on ps4
2. smokey - same
3. ramirez - still not allowed to play CPU games (dont think that'll be a problem this year anyways) and watched closely for stat padding issues
4. sanjuro - "pout clause" as i call it although sanjuro says he's not pouting just trying to score more points. i already talked to sanjuro about this but getting blown out and then starting to just fuck around (i.e. throwing 12 picks in a game) or fucking around in general

i'll create the official thread next week or something but again i say if you are on the list of 32 and you don't want to play or dont think you'll get the game or whatever let me know

wat? fuck you who created this stupid clause i'm willing to bet it was that vagina cb
the entire league was a no show because of dota da fuck outta hereeeeeee

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i9rd9NccxPmAB_zps0b3379a8.gif

wat? fuck you who created this stupid clause i'm willing to bet it was that vagina cb

Actually, that was mostly me, and you and the rest of the league are going to enjoy the rules where you're not going to show up till the 70th hour to schedule games, flake out because of BVE, and where if you have the opportunity to play your Madden opponent, you will do so instead of going to go play your other 50000 games.

i just think it shouldn't take twisting someones arm to play or always playing at the last minute. sometimes you do have to play at the last minute from schedules or whatever and that's fine. there are just times where the league advances, people are in the thread and see that and still don't PM/AIM/message their opponent to setup a time. it's like they check and say oh today is monday and the league advances on thursday so i'll PM my opponent wednesday night. just starts to bog the vancin' down and people just want to play!

Smokey

Actually, that was mostly me, and you and the rest of the league are going to enjoy the rules where you're not going to show up till the 70th hour to schedule games, flake out because of BVE, and where if you have the opportunity to play your Madden opponent, you will do so instead of going to go play your other 50000 games.

um yeah... if i have shit to do i'm going to play when i can get to it. as long as i'm in the deadline you can't do anything about it. if you think i deliberately wait until the last minute that's a you problem. what are you going to say? stop having a life and play the minute it advances?
no. so ead you ain't running shit.

um yeah... if i have shit to do i'm going to play when i can get to it as long as i'm in the deadline and you can't do anything about it. what are you going to say? stop having a life and play the minute it advances?

All I said is that if you have the opportunity to play your game, you're going to do it instead of skipping Madden. I never mentioned once that you have to play it the moment it advances, you got life shit, you're a married man, I know. But there's a huge difference between what I said and what you allege I said.

But yeah, if you're seen playing other games instead of coming here to schedule, and waiting for hour 70 like all last season, you're not getting any sympathy from anyone. So continue to rebel if you want!

CB3

It was a group decision. As long as your playing your games, I don't see why it's a problem.

um yeah... if i have shit to do i'm going to play when i can get to it as long as i'm in the deadline and you can't do anything about it. what are you going to say? stop having a life and play the minute it advances?

it's not necessarily about PLAYING the second it advances but how many times have we seen this scenario?

1. league advances on monday
2. no communication on monday, tuesday or wednesday
3. the game with no communication is the last game left and both people are rushing to get it done before the deadline

or

3a. someones schedule conflicts with the other because they waited till the last minute and then the game gets simmed anyways

just trying to prevent those situations but yeah you are right that other shit comes up and madden isn't your job. it's just a courtesy to your opponent and everyone else in the league to at least schedule the game as quickly as possible. if it just can't be played until the 3rd day because of your schedules then so be it

Yeah, exactly what FMT and CB just said. I'm not trying to target you, this is a message meant for everybody else. But you know damn well you've pulled that on us. I would ask you on the 2nd day to go schedule your game and your reply was "EAD" so if that happens again, trust me, I will suggest the hell out of sim city.

Smokey

It was a group decision. As long as your playing your games, I don't see why it's a problem.

it shouldn't be a problem. the problem comes from pheeniks puffing his chest out since he has a little bit of power. i'll play my games. if it's the last day then it's the last day. nobody sits here and deliberately waits and holds up 20+ people. shit happens.

it shouldn't be a problem. the problem comes from pheeniks puffing his chest out since he has a little bit of power. i'll play my games. if it's the last day then it's the last day. nobody sits here and deliberately waits and holds up 20+ people. shit happens.

The problem comes from your inferiority complex

"Yall hate black people"
"Why you puffing out your chest and going after me"

Smokey

The problem comes from your inferiority complex

"Yall hate black people"
"Why you puffing out your chest and going after me"

you feeling yourself now that you have a little say.
my name is on the list dirt bag. by the definition you are going after and targeting 4 players.

you feeling yourself now that you have a little say.
my name is on the list dirt bag. by the definition you are going after and targeting 4 players.

I'm feeling myself now, and wasn't last year when I was temporary commish and enforcing these same rules?

Chill. You know damn well last year I had to go ask you to play your games a lot while you'd be in the middle of playing something else, you'd reply "EAD you aren't doing anything about it" and then come at the end of the 3rd day and saying "Texans here" when your opponent can't be around and had been posting for you, resulting in a sim

I try to schedule my games ahead of time, but I will say this, sometimes I'm playing another game because I'm probably going to be interrupted at any moment and wouldn't be able to fit in a game of Madden. So don't always take it as someone blowing you off because they don't feel like playing. With me, if you want to know why I'm playing something else and not you in Madden, just ask.

Again, I tend to try to get my game scheduled ahead of time.

I try to schedule my games ahead of time, but I will say this, sometimes I'm playing another game because I'm probably going to be interrupted at any moment and wouldn't be able to fit in a game of Madden. So don't always take it as someone blowing you off because they don't feel like playing. With me, if you want to know why I'm playing something else and not you in Madden, just ask.

Again, I tend to try to get my game scheduled ahead of time.

again it's not about playing minute 1 that the week advanced. it's more about not showing up in the thread, not talking to your opponent at all to schedule it within the advancement period and just kind of waiting till the last minute for no other reason than you just didn't PM your opponent

McNei1y

I'm glad I got picked in this list. I needed months of therapy after not getting picked in that dota draft a year ago.

Hey look I don't also want to make it seem like Madden should be your #1 priority, although my words probably make it come across that way. You should all have the freedom to play whatever you want when you want. But if you're gonna be in this league, getting your game done should probably be up there.

This is all I really think needs to happen for a better running league:

1) Check the thread at least every other day. Not twice a week or once a week. We all use the internet every day. This isn't hard.
2) Try to schedule your opponent and give a specific time frame if possible. Playing tag in the thread just isn't as efficient, like when someone says at 5 PM "I'm ready to play my opponent whoever that is" and then that opponent shows up 3 hours later "I'm here whoever MY opponent is!" and that game doesn't get played till the last moment or gets simmed because nobody tried scheduling ahead of time. Just PM the person or something.

....That's really it.

And trust me, I'm equally as hard on the DOTA guys. Ask Bob how many times I've pestered him to play his MLB game instead of DOTA. Shit is what it is.

CB3

I figured you wouldnt be looking in this thread. Damn!

You both are posturing and antagonizing the other. What do you expect to happen. Your first post you came out swinging instead of just asking or sending someone a message on AIM or Steam or whatever.

I figured you wouldnt be looking in this thread. Damn!

You both are posturing and antagonizing the other. What do you expect to happen. Your first post you came out swinging instead of just asking or sending someone a message on AIM or Steam or whatever.

whatever you wont even accept my friend request feels hurt for life
cry.gif

Top Bottom