• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden '25 PS4 Season 2 CCM Thread: Now with 75% less Madden talk!

Smokey

why couldn't some of you guys think of that shit. split 2 billion among madden gaf rich as fuck smh

soka looking at you..you have the most time

Sokantish

I just wish I was good at something and could get lucky like that guy. Not that long ago he was begging people for money just to make the thing. I wish I had 2 billion dollars...

Mrbob

Because, like, The Man, and shit.

More like you are about to see people start bailing out who just got paid, and Oculus will become more integrated to Facebook every year.

Hopefully Carmack jumps ship to Sony when he bails.

They'll have a chance to prove me wrong. Luckey already doing damage control on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/21cy9n/the_future_of_vr/

I wonder how Valve feels right now. They were the ones helping Oculus advance VR and they took this expertise and used it as a chip to get acquired by Facebook.

LiveWire

More like you are about to see people start bailing out who just got paid, and Oculus will become more integrated to Facebook every year.

Hopefully Carmack jumps ship to Sony when he bails.

They'll have a chance to prove me wrong. Luckey already doing damage control on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/21cy9n/the_future_of_vr/

I wonder how Valve feels right now. They were the ones helping Oculus advance VR and they took this expertise and used it as a chip to get acquired by Facebook.

Zuckerberg makes a good point. That future he describes could exist. If you've read Snow Crash or Ready Player One you'll be familiar with what he's describing. It also could not exist, or rather, society might still not be ready for it, even if you try to drag them kicking and screaming. It's probably the latter, but you never know. It's a smart acquisition I think. It diversifies Facebook in a way they sorely need. The revenue opportunities of a userbase like theirs with VR, for sports, TV watching, advertising...I'm sure execs are salivating.

Mrbob

The acquisition is great for Facebook. However, I don't want to live in a VR world where all my content is driven by Facebook. Hopefully Valve will release their own VR hardware now.

Facebook has an issue right now that its user base is trending older. The young kids aren't using it as much anymore, if at all. My thinking is that this is the reason for this acquisition. Facebook wants to be seen as something cooler again for the younger crowd.

LiveWire

Continually reaching teenagers as your prime userbase is a pain in the ass to maintain. I doubt Facebook is doing this as a play to get young kids. This is their play to have the next iPod/iPhone/iPad...that "it" tech item that is a watershed moment in people's lives, where years later they think back and say "how did I get through the day without this tech in my life?"

Mrbob

I love how fast GAF is with gifs:

ibgOaQYLlF4V55.gif

Mrbob

Are you guys level 60 yet?

Just get to Act 5. Act 5 seems to hand out XP like candy. Trek to level 70 will be short.

Week 15

Next vance date: Friday @ 7 pm pst

Games:

Falcons @ Bears
Bucs (CPU) @ Vikings (Cola)
Titans @ Bengals
Eagles (CB) @ Patriots (Oatmeal) - BLOG OF THE WEEK
Jags (Soka) @ Saints (Arkaium) - send msg on PSN, he always responds!
Redskins (Mcneily) @ Cowboys (Rob)
Panthers (Rors) @ Packers (Ez)
Jets (Deftech) @ Dolphins (Pheeniks)
Ravens (swaunyjones) @ Steelers (Spottie)
Broncos (drizz) @ Texans (Smokey)
Seahawks (Az) @ Cards (sickboy)
Raiders (Soka) @ Chiefs (Mark) - FMT GAME OF THE WEE... NAY, OF THE YEAR!
Bills (Rinse) @ Chargers (CPU)
Rams (Crow) @ Giants (CPU/Wellington on AP)
Lions @ 49ers
Colts (Jabee) @ Browns (Brentech)

NFC OPOTW: Demarco Murray (Falcons) - 27 car, 349 yards, 3 TD
NFC DPOTW: Dick Sherman (Seahawks) - 8 tackles, 2 int, 1 TD

Jamal Charles Offensive Excellence Award - Jamal Charles (Chiefs) - 17 car, 197 yards, 3 TD, only 1 rec, 5 yards
AFC DPOTW: A. Talib (Patriots) - 3 int, 1 TD

Kingbrave

I would say GG but I'm pretty sure it was pretty boring for you.

I suck. I really suck!

I wish I had at least made it more competitive for you.

Top Bottom