• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Henderson - Ubisoft's Board is Launching an Investigation Into The Company

But you can also change just the leadership ... if the leadership is leaning one way the woketards will peace out and the ones not so retards will just stfu and do their job. With normal good leadership things can auto correct

There is a talent problem. I say the same about Hollywood's poor-quality movies. The only attempts at not being woke are nostalgia bait movies from better times.

For a truly correcting course, you need elite talent, which is clearly missing at Ubisoft and most Western studios. Severing heads at the top management is the very least, but that must cascade down till they get rid of slackers and mediocre workers for positions that demand the best in class.

hyperbertha

Personally I like Ubisoft, it's just more a case of "what have you done for me lately" - seems lately they are putting out stuff I have no interest in like Avatar or SW Outlaws, or taking a good premise like Skull & Bones and fucking it up. Where's my Division 3? Where's the next Ghost Recon Wildlands? How about a new Far Cry that actually shakes up the formula and doesn't put me to sleep halfway through the game?
Where they belong, in the trash.

Kacho

There is a talent problem. I say the same about Hollywood's poor-quality movies. The only attempts at not being woke are nostalgia bait movies from better times.

For a truly correcting course, you need elite talent, which is clearly missing at Ubisoft and most Western studios. Severing heads at the top management is the very least, but that must cascade down till they get rid of slackers and mediocre workers for positions that demand the best in class.
Couldn’t agree more. Leadership needs to go if they keep cutting off their nose to spite their face (I.e. not releasing their games on Steam, chasing the live service trend with no success, etc). The real issue here is the lack of talent and passion on the creative level. It shows in their games.

Wildebeest

I can't believe gamers have done this Ubisoft, forcing them to sexually abuse their employees, have a terrible corporate culture, and making disappointing games that underperform, or are delayed time and time again. These gamers need to be stopped.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Smoke screen, they DEFINITELY do know why the games are failing, and they are probably the reason, like I'm 100% sure about it

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
The sad truth is they will bounce back and make something great, and then no one will buy it. Like Prince of Persia this year.

Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown wasn't 100% perfect (the main protagonist didn't look Persian at all, graphics were criticized for looking like a mobile game), but the game was the best thing Ubisoft released in years. And it went down like a lead balloon, because so many were blindky hating it for being just another Ubisoft shit game.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
z9DvQIc.png

Let's fucking go. Finally. The insanity is over and we can go back to being normal again. Probably too late for Sony studios though. Hopefully Sony, EA and MS are watching Ubisoft implode.

I don't know how to interpret that quote. It could either be that the Ubisoft CEO is pushing back against the woke elements in his company by asserting that they're not pushing agendas in their games, or that the critics making those polarized comments (about Kay Vess' looks or the choice of Yasuke as a protagonist) are wrong because Ubisoft is just creating entertainment and not pushing a message with these choices.

I don't know how to interpret that quote. It could either be that the Ubisoft CEO is pushing back against the woke elements in his company by asserting that they're not pushing agendas in their games, or that the critics making those polarized comments (about Kay Vess' looks or the choice of Yasuke as a protagonist) are wrong because Ubisoft is just creating entertainment and not pushing a message with these choices.
They are in denial that they really are pushing an agenda even though they don't think they are.
The investigation will hopefully provide a much needed wakeup call to the execs/devs. A massive realignment and culls of leadership and lead devs need to take place at Ubisoft.

Optimistic they can recover, but only after shedding the dead, fat and useless weight that not only do not contribute, but in reality are a burden to the company.

Top Bottom