• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

eznark

Banned
Crow, you are a dotabuff sucker, what determines the "hard" "very hard" etc. Also I see an FMT game that said "normal" skill.

TheCrow

Something about the average mmr of everyone in that game. If nothing show up then dotabuff isn't too certain about what tier it is. dotamax is better at showing the tiers for every game.

BigAT

Crow, you are a dotabuff sucker, what determines the "hard" "very hard" etc. Also I see an FMT game that said "normal" skill.

I'm pretty sure that's nonsense. Or at the very least, it is extremely inconsistent in its accuracy. Either that or the guy with the highest MMR in North America is getting put into Normal skill matches from time to time.

Congrats on the job Mcneily.

tmnt8kumr.gif

I never laughed at you picking FMT! I was going to pick him. Best Lich #1 NA

Speaking of, when are we doing game 1 & 2? I figure we can do two games on weekend then the rest another or something.

Now there is too much pressure on me to not fuck up. It's too much pressure!!!

TheCrow

I was talking about why it didn't show very high skill for his last match on dotabuff.

dotabuff admin said:
The API doesn't reliably offer skill bracket data for all matches. We're only storing skill bracket data for matches that we're 100% confident can be attributed to that bracket. - this will cause some (quite a lot of) matches not to have a skill bracket label. High and Very High matches are also much more likely to include a skill bracket.

BigAT

Does Dotabuff not show specifically when games are "Normal" skill level then? I always assumed that unlabeled games were their attempt at saying it was Normal skill because I don't think they ever actually use that label.

TheCrow

BigAT

They do specify if games are in normal tier. If there is no label then they aren't certain. Here's FMT page on dotabuff and dotamax.

http://www.dotabuff.com/players/67511419

vs

http://dotamax.com/player/detail/67511419/

I was referring specifically to DB, I know Dotamax has it.

What I mean is I couldn't find a single game on DB that is specifically listed as being Normal Skill Bracket. "Normal Matchmaking" just refers to it being unranked matchmaking. Like this game is Normal Matchmaking even though it is Very High skill.

Basically, it seems like it is impossible on DB to tell what games are Normal skill and which games they are unsure of the skill bracket. They appear to be labelled in the exact same manner.

TheCrow

What I mean is I couldn't find a single game on DB that is specifically listed as being Normal Skill Bracket. "Normal Matchmaking" just refers to it being unranked matchmaking. Like this game is Normal Matchmaking even though it is Very High skill.

Basically, it seems like it is impossible on DB to tell what games are Normal skill and which games they are unsure of the skill bracket. They appear to be labelled in the exact same manner.
Don't know if I'm misunderstanding or you just missed this on FMT's dotabuff.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/813862382

eznark

Banned

One of the games in FMT's list specifically says "normal skill" bro

BigAT

Don't know if I'm just misunderstanding or you just missed this on FMT's dotabuff.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/813862382

One of the games in FMT's list specifically says "normal skill" bro

Yeah, you're right. I went through his last like seven games instead of just looking for that on the main page. Whoops. I guess as a result of the frequency of new/unknown players in that bracket they use the label very infrequently. Earlier I went through 3 pages of matches for someone in that bracket and didn't see any.

Splat

Basically you can only query for the last 500 games of a certain skill bracket, 100 at a time, and only once a second. Unless you have a bunch of scripts running, things will slip through the cracks. There's no way to directly query "what is the skill bracket for this match" w/ the api. It's easier to get the high/very high ones because there's less of them.

rinse82

Sorry to interrupt the dota thread with madden news:

CCM deep-dive

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/...4-tw-img-site-ramp&cid=23905&ts=1407430494412

FMT you have to keep owner mode, snazzy new relocation uniforms!

Random Draft Classes
For the first time in CFM, draft classes are entirely random. Every name, rating, trait, face, etc. is randomly generated every season. No two classes are alike or predictable. This is something we’ve wanted to do for the past few years. Our fans have been very passionate about random draft classes, and this addition adds unlimited replayability to Connected Franchise.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Splat bot comes with the splat package. If you were afraid of splat bot, you should have first picked him.

Ferny

Splat bot comes with the splat package. If you were afraid of splat bot, you should have first picked him.

^

Ever since Eznark said I got the better team in the draft, Az has been try to cut my team down every chance he gets!

Alright, well you still need to have a noob on your team and you can't use splatbot if he's not on your team. So your options are to have Shake, CB, or Brent out every game so you can use splatbot, or have splat on the bench and be unable to use it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Where are all these rules coming from!

Hey guess what, crow has to play hard support Crystal Maiden and you have to play lone druid!

Ferny

Alright, well you still need to have a noob on your team and you can't use splatbot if he's not on your team. So your options are to have Shake, CB, or Brent out every game so you can use splatbot, or have splat on the bench and be unable to use it.

Why is this coming up now? You didn't say a peep when I picked Splat in the draft. I gave you the noob thing cause I did suggest it (never confirmed by you, but I accept it) but Splatbot was never mentioned as being "banned"

Why is this coming up now? You didn't say a peep when I picked Splat in the draft. I gave you the noob thing cause I did suggest it (never confirmed by you, but I accept it) but Splatbot was never mentioned as being "banned"

I honestly forgot it existed. If I remembered, I would've brought it up.

Where are all these rules coming from!

Hey guess what, crow has to play hard support Crystal Maiden and you have to play lone druid!

Noob rule was Ferny's. Talk to your fearless leader if you have a problem with it.

Top Bottom