• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

TheCrow

We need more of splat and his app as well. It increases the fun factor by like 10
sick.gif

Mrbob

I play a mean bloodseeker, guys.

We need to go back to not playing random draft.

I don't know why many of you like to play random draft so much. It's fine but if you want to set up team work and character integration all pick would be a better option.

Mid carry veno was OP. Slow start, but it really snowballs. Helps that all the other lanes were won as well, obviously.

I'm not sure I won my solo safelane WK against a disraptor and bristle D:

Edit---

Agree with no more RD. We end up with some truly terrible hero compositions

All pick is where its at

eznark

Banned
I don't know why many of you like to play random draft so much. It's fine but if you want to set up team work and character integration all pick would be a better option.

Seems like for a long time it resulted in the best games. Dunno how we fell into it really. I'm down to do some real drafts! Or all random.

I'm randoming in all pick. Can't resist the dollah dollah's

TheCrow

Counterpicking is what makes all pick worse than random draft. Of course you can counter pick in random draft but you have to be more creative since the pool is shared and limited. I like all pick because i can random and I don't really take it as seriously as random draft. I'm willing to take more risks with plays or item/skill builds. I like random draft because it forces you think more about creating a team. I tend to try hard in random draft. I will buy bkb in random draft but most likely not in all pick.

Mrbob

If you are concerned about counter picking go Captains mode. Random draft is a bit limited for counter picking because the hero pool is limited.

Ferny

Seems like for a long time it resulted in the best games. Dunno how we fell into it really. I'm down to do some real drafts! Or all random.

I'm randoming in all pick. Can't resist the dollah dollah's

That will help with creating good team comps.

brentech

All I know is that I've heard, "this hero pool is shit", so many times that you might as well do just about anything else.

If you're going to for-go a real team comp, at least enjoy randoming or whatever it is you chose.

eznark

Banned
Captains Draft combines the worst parts of random draft with the worst parts of captains mode.

We should just select all the modes and let the good lord jesus christ decide. #blessed

Ferny

I don't want to be one of those assholes that waits til the timer ticks to zero to pick. If we want to do team composition we need to draft!

Lets! I enjoy constructing a good team more so than just going into All Pick and everyone clicks random. While that's fun every once in a while, if we have a full team, I enjoy winning a lot more.

I honestly want to do another MGAF Grudge match type games again. I told Az if he wanted to do it in the middle of our little feud and all he said was sure and then never responded when I asked him more about it. Damn Clemson fan.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Grudge match, you say...

Ferny Vs Az
Shake Vs. AT
CB Vs. Lone Druid

The Last one is just Earthshaker Vs a Lonedruid. And i throw Druid into the trash because he is a fucking awful hero and i get extra gold from killing his stupid bear.

Splat

Once I get time to get splatbot operational for randomdraft, we'll be able to synergize AND not wait forever for games to start.

cdyhybrid

I think that was more me thinking of doing something else, since they had a lot of AOE but not a lot of burst. I was thinking since we all either live or die together lets have one of everything!

I don't even remember what I was going to get. Maybe a butterfly. Who knows.

I wish I could trust other people to buy wards so I could learn to last hit with a carry other than Jugg.

Just practice in a solo game. The Shadow Fiend challenge but with not-Shadow-Fiend.

Also, you guys should play AR if you're bad enough dudes.

brentech

I've got almost 5 hours in Saints Row IV and I'm already feeling like I hit a wall with it. I don't know why, but I found GTA V much more enjoyable, and that was a slow starter as well.

Any reason to keep playing SR?

CB3

I've got almost 5 hours in Saints Row IV and I'm already feeling like I hit a wall with it. I don't know why, but I found GTA V much more enjoyable, and that was a slow starter as well.

I mean, its more of the same. If you hit a wall now, its probably not worth going through for you.

eznark

Banned

I didn't even make it that far. Just play Max!

LiveWire

I know you are trying to be cute, but this comment would hold more clout if you actually stacked with us. You can't accurately discuss in game group dynamics of people you never play with.

Thank you for proving my point. ;P

I've stacked plenty with all of you. Everyone needs to look in the mirror on this one. :)

brentech

I've stacked plenty with all of you. Everyone needs to look in the mirror on this one. :)

I know I've told you not to auto attack creeps, but that's about as far as I go with people I don't play much with. It's really not fair to blanket statement that one.

I could look in the mirror and say that I need to point out mistakes more often, but that's just not my personality (at least not with people we actually play with). If we're not full stacked and it's just randoms on my team, i complain all the time, but still, usually not to them.
I point out when CB isn't helping his fellow support, but that's about as useful as pointing out and commending EZ for actually buying everything.

CB3

He doesn't hate me. I don't hate him. I just enjoy making fun of his madden play and double boots. He makes fun of my 0 superbowl wins. Round and round it goes

LiveWire

I know I've told you not to auto attack creeps, but that's about as far as I go with people I don't play much with. It's really not fair to blanket statement that one.

I don't always auto attack creeps. When I'm laning with someone who needs last hits I will defer and focus only on harass/denies/etc. Will I accidentally hit a creep or three sometimes? Yes.

Now when I see the entire enemy team in the other two lanes with no means of getting back up to my/my partner's lane and I think we can press the advantage, I'm going to attack the creeps. I play aggressively, I want to push towers as fast as possible. That's how I like to play the game.

Someone else said it earlier and probably said it best. The communication is terrible in most of the games; instead of criticizing/poking fun at mistakes, it should be instructive. Fastest way for me (and probably everyone else) to tune out is to hear shit talking. As if any player that makes a mistake in this game also enjoys wasting another 45 minutes of their free time getting increasingly slaughtered by the opposing team.

Everyone should have their known role/preferred playstyle among the entire group, so that any stack combination of MaddenGAF players doesn't go into matchmaking blind wondering how someone couldn't have known to be exactly where the carry wanted them to be or to have launched a stun or ult at the exact moment they wanted.

Your point is still without merit... How can you accurately comment on group dynamics in games you never play?

You play maybe 1 in 50 games with us and you've haven't played in any of these recent games that we are discussing. So please, save trying to be cute and let the people who know what is going on discuss the matter.

BigAT

Splatbot is the truth! Believe in the power of the _zuus_.
http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/820762814

I deal with most things through humor, including frustration. Try not to make my barbs too seriously. I'm basically Susan from the Simpsons.

Susan.png

"I hope she didn't take my attempt to destroy her too seriously."

Like imagine if I got upset over this totally unwarranted assault on my character:

5:15 PM - CB3: oh weird
5:15 PM - CB3: you lost gboth your games today
5:15 PM - CB3: WERID

Should I take the thoughts of this mental deviant seriously? No, of course not. He thinks Metal Gear Solid is a good series and Lone Druid is a bad hero, his opinions are clearly the ramblings of a mad man.

Ferny

Your point is still without merit...

You play maybe 1 in 50 games with us and you've haven't played in any of these recent games that we are discussing. So please, save trying to be cute and let the people who know what is going on discuss the matter.

I'm pretty sure he's talking more so about how some people react to mistakes and all that more so than talking about any of our recent games. The bottom line is he has played games with us so what he said isn't without merit.

eznark

Banned
Your point is still without merit... How can you accurately comment on group dynamics in games you never play?

You're the worst!

eznark

Banned

I could look in the mirror and say that I need to point out mistakes more often, but that's just not my personality (at least not with people we actually play with). If we're not full stacked and it's just randoms on my team, i complain all the time, but still, usually not to them.
I point out when CB isn't helping his fellow support, but that's about as useful as pointing out and commending EZ for actually buying everything.

You're the best

CB3

Should I take the thoughts of this mental deviant seriously? No, of course not. He thinks Metal Gear Solid is a good series and Lone Druid is a bad hero, his opinions are clearly the ramblings of a mad man.

My drow has almost a 20% higher winrate than your lone druid.

#Justsayin
#Blessed
#WhooshKadoosh
#BrentQuestions

brentech

I don't always auto attack creeps. When I'm laning with someone who needs last hits I will defer and focus only on harass/denies/etc. Will I accidentally hit a creep or three sometimes? Yes.

Now when I see the entire enemy team in the other two lanes with no means of getting back up to my/my partner's lane and I think we can press the advantage, I'm going to attack the creeps. I play aggressively, I want to push towers as fast as possible. That's how I like to play the game.
I think you completely washed over my point and took it as a negative. I'm not picking on you for it. I'm just saying, I recall having to say it, but me saying "please don't auto attack enemy creeps" is about as mean as I get to teammate in game. Meaning, I usually don't provide very much input.

I probably should more often though.

I'm pretty sure he's talking more so about how some people react to mistakes and all that more so than talking about any of our recent games. The bottom line is he has played games with us so what he said isn't without merit.

So you agree he is talking about non recent games in a discussion that is about recent games.

Glad we agree

Top Bottom