• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

LiveWire

I don't believe them!

I found one that works but you'd still have to pay for the gamepass. There was a premium VPN service today giving away a 6 month trial so I tried it out and got to the payment screen so I figure it works. My address is not usable for the Sunday Ticket :(

It works now...come week 6 of the season it may not....but if you're willing to deal with the headache of having to find new VPN servers a few times a season, then pull the trigger.

Mrbob

Looking at my drafts you can tell I didn't use any guides. I was a watch dog though and definitely know of those who did.

brentech

I'm also glad they'll let you purchase packages of XP, last year doing it one by one was fucking stupid.
One of those things that's so simple but a huge time saver. Doing it one by one wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to confirm it and then wait for the damn stat to update.
So, while kind of laughable and long overdue, it's appreciated.

BigAT

So you're free to play Killer Instinct

smokes4rsq5t.gif

yeah they were gg's. we played 1 more and i used Lina and did better than i did with lion but still not very good. i was talking to cb and i need to adjust my control settings. i've been using a/s/d/w for camera movement and then 1/2/3/4 for my magic stuff. makes it a pain in the ass to quickly get something off.

not sure why i'm so used to using a/s/d/w to move the camera, maybe its because of starcraft. its like learning to hold a guitar pick with 3 fingers... bad habits die hard!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I don't think StarCraft was like that either. I used mouse scrolling in that too.

You did OK on that lina game. You're very passive at times, but that's way better than feeding a shitload like most new people. It'll come along. Leaning dota is gonna feel like an overwhelming cluster fuck for a good while.

I don't think StarCraft was like that either. I used mouse scrolling in that too.

You did OK on that lina game. You're very passive at times, but that's way better than feeding a shitload like most new people. It'll come along. Leaning dota is gonna feel like an overwhelming cluster fuck for a good while.

well i don't know where i got it from then but it will be fixed

as for the passiveness i agree. i started getting a little bit better feel with lina late but still not very good. much more comfortable with lich but even with him, after my 10 death game a few games ago, i do my best to support teammates and not get killed.... sometimes to the detriment of the team!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You're doing fine. Its not like you fed in a two on one lane against a broodmother like that asshole eznark.

BigAT

How does Nightz escape criticism? He died one more time than I did up there!

Do you want to wake up in the middle of the night to a half-naked man standing over you with a rock poised above his head?

No thank you, I will keep my mouth shut on that front.

Nightz

How does Nightz escape criticism? He died one more time than I did up there!
I died trying to save you!
Just kidding, I played like crap early that game.
Do you want to wake up in the middle of the night to a half-naked man standing over you with a rock poised above his head?

No thank you, I will keep my mouth shut on that front.
Half-naked? What's that?

eznark

Banned
Just draft me Timbersaw and we gucci

I died trying to save you!
Just kidding, I played like crap early that game.

The first time I led us too deep, that was totally my fault. After that he hit like a motherfucking truck til we caught up in levels. I almost cried hax0r!

Once CB rotated top with the flash farm and range we were able to catch up rapidly. Phee played a great Bounty Hunter too.

brentech

yeah they were gg's. we played 1 more and i used Lina and did better than i did with lion but still not very good. i was talking to cb and i need to adjust my control settings. i've been using a/s/d/w for camera movement and then 1/2/3/4 for my magic stuff. makes it a pain in the ass to quickly get something off.

not sure why i'm so used to using a/s/d/w to move the camera, maybe its because of starcraft. its like learning to hold a guitar pick with 3 fingers... bad habits die hard!
I use WASD as well. Eznark had been trying to switch TO it, but I don't know if he still plans too.

I use 1-6 for items in my inventory.
Q = first skill
E = second
R = third
F = ultimate
Z and X are the extra abilities some heroes have.

But yea, the very very strong majority use the mouse to scroll.

Also. Lina is objectively a harder hero to play than lion. So don't feel bad. Her stun can be hard to land without some skill/luck and something like a blink dagger or force staff.

eznark

Banned
WASD is awesome, I actually tried to go back to mouse scroll and after only a week it feels awful. The only problem is heroes that I have played a metric ton with like Dazzle, I'm having a hard time retraining the muscle memory.

I'm kind of dreading getting into Planetary Annihilation AT, I think I will have to used WASD. I'm a terrible human.

brentech

WASD is awesome, I actually tried to go back to mouse scroll and after only a week it feels awful. The only problem is heroes that I have played a metric ton with like Dazzle, I'm having a hard time retraining the muscle memory.

I'm kind of dreading getting into Planetary Annihilation AT, I think I will have to used WASD. I'm a terrible human.
I wasn't sure if you were rethinking it after blowing Veno ult on the air a few times.

I've only noticed pros use mouse control. But I also don't think wasd was available in Dota 1. Maybe I'm wrong.

eznark

Banned
I wasn't sure if you were rethinking it after blowing Veno ult on the air a few times.

I've only noticed pros use mouse control. But I also don't think wasd was available in Dota 1. Maybe I'm wrong.

Nah, that's just something I'll get used to. After hundreds of hours doing it one way I'm not going to give up on changing it just because of two misclicks. And actually the Dazzle game was fucking way worse. So many self-shallow graves when I meant to self heal. Blah!

With heroes that I don't play a ton though it isn't an issue.

I think it's legit worth it just for chase/escape situations.

brentech

I think it's legit worth it just for chase/escape situations.
Yea. Times where I watch other people's perspective doing mouse edges and I just don't know how they know where they are going for to grab someone. But, obviously people are successful with it. I just don't know how myself.

I never used WASD for RTS games, but it was one of the options in TV initial setup of the game, and for some reason I assumed that was the default. Think it was in the top of the list. Where now, I think it's the third option down.

Splat

Why not switch to szxc instead of wasd for movement? Then you can leave default ability keys where they are.

I still haven't tried out planetary annihilation, though I have a key for it somewhere.

Sokantish

I'm not positive, but I don't think many do. I watched a video showing how several pro mid players did their creep block and the majority used either mouse scroll or had the camera following the hero.

Are you messing with me? People really play with the camera following the hero?

Mrbob

I've been pretty happy with this set up:

QWER abilities

Items DFGZCB

I'll try to slot my most used items on DFG and then extra items like wards or TP on the bottom keys

Courier 1 Retrieve Item X Send Item V

Hero Cam S

Deny Creeps A though I still suck at denying and last hititng

Nightz, you better get your shit right before Sunday.

I'd sub in and save your team but I probably won't be home during the day this Sunday.

i tested out the mouse scrolling in a bot game late last night and it's going to take a lot of getting used to. i feel that the w/a/s/d helps me to escape certain situations quicker than mouse scroll. mouse scroll also feels janky to me right now. maybe it's a mouse setting issue? no other way to explain it! going to test out some different combos and see whats best for me

Top Bottom