• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mouse scrolling is natural coming from starcraft/warcraft and diablo. I guess if you dont have the muscle memory from those games, it could be weird.

I would really just do what's comfortable for you...just know how to translate it if someone is saying "Use your Q" or whatever, I remember I went through the same thing at first when people would say that and I'm like "I'm pressing it and dick is happening!" and then had to reconfigure my controls.

brentech

Mouse scrolling is natural coming from starcraft/warcraft and diablo. I guess if you dont have the muscle memory from those games, it could be weird.

That's the weird part. I use'd the mouse for all those games (well, never got into starcraft), but for Dota, it just didn't work for me when I tried to switch to it. And it doesn't seem to hamper my ability, so whatever.

I like my keys!

eznark

Banned
Yeah I played the shit out of those games (not so much D3) and hundreds of hours of Dota before switching last week and I can't imagine going back.

CB3

For me, i use QWER for skills, the number pad above that (along with my mouse buttons) for items, with A for attack and S for stop, and Z as the push to talk. So everything is right there. I cant imagine adding another 4 buttons into that for camera movement

brentech

I don't use middle mouse button for anything. I have mouse 4-5 and use the mou5 for PTT.
With items in 1-6,rarely do I have more than 4 items that are activated.
So 1 is usually boots (if arcane or phase) all other types of boots in throw in slot 5 or 6.
BKB almost always goes in 4. Other active items in 2-3. Only times I move BKB to a different slot is if I have both blink and activated boots. Blink takes precendant for slot 1 or 4.
Right click deny works, or I can also use space for it, as required to deny towers.
I have a keyboard with macros for a one button push to select courier, send him to SS and use speed burst.
With the basic F3 to have him deliver.

Not trying to sell this way, but just showing I have a pretty defined system of how I set items to make it easier as well.
Either way, I think it would be difficult to switch to any setup once you have time in the game. Surprised eznark doesn't throw more shit out on accident tbh

TheCrow

Surprised that so far no one is using space bar. I tend to put my most important item on space bar with the next two on my extra mouse buttons. The rest are d,f,g.

eznark

Banned
I use 123 for items. I use space bar for the first item which is whatever is "most" active. So phase boots or mek or whatever. Then I use 4 and a mouse button for the last items. PTT is scroll wheel click.

brentech

Surprised that so far no one is using space bar. I tend to put my most important item on space bar with the next two on my extra mouse buttons. The rest are d,f,g.

Sometimes I think of removing my deny tower space to item slot 5 or something. I once tried it and then missed a tower deny and changed it back =(

Mrbob

I used to have my most used item on space bar but it felt a bit weird to click on my keyboard.

Come to think about it I didn't put anything on my space bar yet when I redid my bindings. Time to make some tweaks.

McNei1y

QWER is what I use... when I play that is. I don't have any cool mouse with buttons on it.

For WoW, I use 1-5 and then a mix of QWERT and those same keys with Ctrl+ infront of it.

Ferny

I use one of those MMO mice so I slot my items on there. Makes it super easy to use while moving the camera. I could never get used to WASD for camera movement. Too much Warcraft 2/3 and Diablo to get used to it.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I may have misunderstood what I was told but I thought the article was locked behind the 100 annual membership.

Nightz

Sitting in the Motor Vehicle Administration waiting to get our MD licenses. Everyone here is miserable...including the employees. Reminds me of home!

CB3

Sitting in the Motor Vehicle Administration waiting to get our MD licenses. Everyone here is miserable...including the employees. Reminds me of home!

I was at the DMV a month or two back. Im sure those places are the same nation wide. Just everyone having the most awful fucking time.

Ferny

Its the DMV, you expect them to be cheerful when they try to talk to you and you just stay silent?

eznark

Banned
Another perk of rural livin'! There is never anyone at the DMV, the post office, the library, the county court, city hall...anywhere! There's no people, but all the infrastructure is still here.

You guys are really missing out. I know you're all loser shut ins who hate people anyway, move to the country!

CB3

There are still places in California that arent completely LA. Its a bit more sparse out where i live so its not completely the typical big city bullshit. Its better than living in the middle of no where thats for sure

There are still places in California that arent completely LA. Its a bit more sparse out where i live so its not completely the typical big city bullshit. Its better than living in the middle of no where thats for sure

that is the beauty of california. you can live in an overcrowded piece of garbage downtown area, drive an hour and a half and you are in the mountains or countryside or the beach or wherever. CA has it all ez!

BigAT

They actually did a big overhaul and rebranding of New Jersey's DMV a few years ago (it's the MVC now, Motor Vehicle Commission) and it's not nearly as miserable as it once was. Best of all is you can do most shit online now and not even have to go in. I've been able to renew my license, change address on my license, and renew registration online without too much hassle.

Ferny

They actually did a big overhaul and rebranding of New Jersey's DMV a few years ago (it's the MVC now, Motor Vehicle Commission) and it's not nearly as miserable as it once was. Best of all is you can do most shit online now and not even have to go in. I've been able to renew my license, change address on my license, and renew registration online without too much hassle.

Those vehicle check ups were hell, they still have those?

BigAT

Those vehicle check ups were hell, they still have those?

Yes, but they greatly reduced what they check though. I think it's basically nothing but emissions now, so it's relatively quicker and they don't fail you for stupid shit anymore.

ObfREnD.jpg

Hmm

McNei1y

Such a hell hole. Now I just remembered that I need to fix something in my car because I failed the emission test a few months back.

whossorrynow015 fmt 5:52 pm
let me know when you need dota tutoring
from one beginner to another!

dboythagr8 6:05 pm
I'll never play

whossorrynow015 fmt 6:05 pm
its a graphical showcase for your monster PC

dboythagr8 6:05 pm
I won't give in to that terrible game

smokey is being very disrespectful :(

Top Bottom