• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
damn i had a shitty game. not my worst ever but i did some foolish things and missed some gimmes. much like harbs, i will learn from my mistakes!

I didnt see your play in the laning phase, but after that and during team fights i never really saw you as a negative. Im sure there are little things you could have done better when looked at from your teammates perspective, but its not really things you know how to do effectively yet. Its not your fault and they dont blame you for not knowing.

To not be a big glowing red target is quite the feat.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just finished watching the replay of the game on twitch. Aside from the snide remarks aimed towards me, I thought the casting was really well done. The game was quite the contrast from the last time. I think the decrease in humor at us doing dumb shit was evened out by a (mostly) well played long game and the commentary helped make it pretty compelling on the stream.

In hindsight it was fun, but during the actual game it was kinda nerve-racking. Fucking pressure was on!

I also enjoyed the Earfshaker respect ban. Thanks for that, guys.

eznark

Banned
The disruptor ban was the respect ban. Earthshaker is just good anti push. Don't get too inflated CB!

Nerve wracking...lol

Fmt was fine, there were just some timing issues that come with experience. Also warding and items. We ended up with two mechs which killed Crow's mana mid game and then at some point FMT had one. Would've been way more useful to get two mana boots. Little things.

The disruptor ban was the respect ban. Earthshaker is just good anti push. Don't get too inflated CB!

Nerve wracking...lol

Fmt was fine, there were just some timing issues that come with experience.

Yeah FMT was definitely not a liability, he just didn't have a lot of experience and we expected him to just know a couple of things when we probably should've clarified.

eznark

Banned
I knew only because I kept killing him. Easy pickins!

even for an 0-7 lycan?

laugh.gif

Were they just jumping you in the jungle or what? How did you keep dying while FMT survived?

Ferny

I fully expected you guys to ban weaver. The fact that you didn't is a bonus. You also had all the tools to actually stop me too, but I think Brent getting big early on helped a ton.

even for an 0-7 lycan?

laugh.gif

Were they just jumping you in the jungle or what? How did you keep dying while FMT survived?

FMT was probably at the secret shop or something.

In all seriousness, I'm sure they purposely targeted me. Nothing I can do when they start with a bloodseeker ult. I would try to TP out but with 4 of them it just wasn't happening. We really just needed to have a ward in the jungle or have FMT sitting out there to watch for incoming ganks.

BigAT

I think you guys owe it to yourselves to do the actual warding during the game, it's not really fair to FMT to lay that responsibility on him. Or at least try to be direct with advice on when and where.

I think you guys owe it to yourselves to do the actual warding during the game, it's not really fair to FMT to lay that responsibility on him. Or at least try to be direct with advice on when and where.

Like I said earlier, we expected him to know some things when in reality, we should've been more explicit.

I'm still learning where and when to place wards. It is dependent on the time of game but I was putting wards out at times... I guess the wrong place at the wrong time! I did try to get the sentry ward out for fernys guy. Fucked up once by putting one by a tower -_-

But on the shopping I know better than that so no excuse. I didn't see anyone around and I was pulling up shop to buy some wards and das boots when the rumble happened a bit up the lane. I was a couple seconds late and that cost a couple kills. It seemed I was either too late or too early with the ult that game.

BigAT

I'm still learning where and when to place wards. It is dependent on the time of game but I was putting wards out at times... I guess the wrong place at the wrong time! I did try to get the sentry ward out for fernys guy. Fucked up once by putting one by a tower -_-

But on the shopping I know better than that so no excuse. I didn't see anyone around and I was pulling up shop to buy some wards and das boots when the rumble happened a bit up the lane. I was a couple seconds late and that cost a couple kills. It seemed I was either too late or too early with the ult that game.

It wasn't even BAD bad, just not as effective as it could have been. Mistakes that you honestly should be making at this point.

eznark

Banned
Crow pointed it out during the game but one mistake we made multiple times early in the game, me as bad as anyone, was focusing on CB. I was doing it just because I hate his stupid face (and because he was their only stun) so I was shackling him so that he couldn't stun Crow or AZ but it would've been better to focus on a damage dealer. CB was just so glowy.

There were two fights bottom lane early that if we had won I think we had a shot to push real hard like we wanted.

Yeah, I kind of anticipated taking on all the warding after the laning phase but we kind of went from laning to getting our shit pushed in so warding got a tad lax. With me mid and nightz in the jungle, we probably put too much responsibility on FMT early game.

There were a few times where just general indecision (is this where, is this where...oh fuck team fight gotta go) had a big impact. Again, nothing against FMT, he was just trying to do it right and it takes a little bit more time.

Oh yeah the sentry ward next to the tower was great! I did that once right next to an enemy tower when I first started. The tower immediately killed it and they flamed me in all chat. I wept for months.

I will say you need to communicate a bit more. Crow said very clearly and twice that he was buying mech. You were silent most of the game. Talk man! We already have a silent nightz!

All in all though we really couldn't ask for more from you. You did great considering. I can't think of you ever really getting caught out on your own or picked off.

Ferny

Yeah I saw the one by the tower and honestly at least you bought a sentry ward. That is a great counter measure to weaver and there was one on the hill top lane that I got caught out on when I went to retreat so that was a really good one as well. All things considered you're picking up the game much quicker than most and you didn't feed which is HUGE. You're playing well, just talk more like Eznark said. Ask questions in game as much as possible. It really helps to pick up the game as you're going along.

Splat

Yeah, that was a fun cast to watch. Was tough that game figuring out what to do late. Double black hole basically fucked me hard, silence on enigma easily cleared by his bkb.

But! The early enigma kill was because I had him on thirst radar, not luck.

My only complaint with FMT is that crow told him he was building the Mek and then FMT was like "that's fine, I'll build something else" and then built the Mek anyway! And then he never used it!

Other than that, you did well, buddy. We'll work with you on wards for the next game. Also, watch some youtube videos on jungle stacking and creep pulling if you get a chance.

Ferny

I'm going to ban weaver next time and then Ferny will try to get cute and pick Mirana and then we'll watch as he whiffs on like 20 arrows.

Could you stop pretending you're so fucking good, Az? Cause you're really not. You sit around here walking around like you're good as shit. You're garbage man.

Could you stop pretending you're so fucking good, Az? Cause you're really not. You sit around here walking around like you're good as shit. You're garbage man.

I really hope you watched the stream right before you posted this just so it could be a word for word quote.

Top Bottom