• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

BigAT

Thanks for all the compliments on the casting. I don't know that I did anything significantly different this time around, but the response seems to have been overwhelmingly more positive for whatever reason.

On a side note, I don't know how the hell real casters do an entire day's worth of matches. They build up to it obviously, but I don't even really yell and my throat feels like complete garbage this morning after doing just a couple of games last night.

McNei1y

Get rid of that shitty ass Comcast breh

Also I realized that last night, while NHL is dead to me, that playing more FIFA may be a blessing in disguise. The celebrations in that game are infinitely better

It's not entirely comcast. I have Verizon Fios at my place. I played at two different locations too and the game play was the same. It was crap.

So is it confirmed that EASHL isn't in NHL?

eznark

Banned
Thanks for all the compliments on the casting. I don't know that I did anything significantly different this time around, but the response seems to have been overwhelmingly more positive for whatever reason.

On a side note, I don't know how the hell real casters do an entire day's worth of matches. They build up to it obviously, but I don't even really yell and my throat feels like complete garbage this morning after doing just a couple of games last night.

It was a lot more instructional and less "LoL fucking idiot" at least the first one. Didn't watch these yet because I'm busy getting yelled at by a giant black man.

brentech

These are the things ido Brent

It made me think I need to abandon WASD

But I only charge 9K/YR for my WASD mentoring program!
It's a better deal!

doubledamage.gif

LiveWire

Yea seriously you guys do a great job when you cast. It's very instructive to watch after and see things as a player you may have missed. Granted, as a player we don't have the full map vision, but when you describe items to use, map control, ward placement, etc. it makes a lot more sense seeing it play out at the right moments.

BigAT

Also, how do you commit suicide and/or deny a teammate? Does it take the gold/xp/killcount away from the enemy team?

There aren't very many heroes that can suicide. Bane, Abaddon, and Pudge off the top of my head. If you time their health draining abilities when you're low you can suicide. Denying a teammate only happens when certain DoTs are on them and they're low health, a Doomed teammate being the most common one to deny. You do it the same way you would deny a creep. Additionally, if you're low health and don't think you'll be able to escape you can effectively deny yourself to neutral creeps or Roshan by running in and having them attack you to get the kill.

All of the above will prevent the enemy team from getting gold/XP from your death.

LiveWire

Ah excellent thanks. Would using an item like Soul Ring allow you to suicide? Or are there other items (Armlet of Mordiggian) that could achieve the same effect?

BigAT

Ah excellent thanks. Would using an item like Soul Ring allow you to suicide? Or are there other items (Armlet of Mordiggian) that could achieve the same effect?

Almost all of those items will reduce your health down to 1 but not kill you. Bloodstone does have an active ability that allows you to suicide from any health though.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Armlet and Soul ring can only take you down to 1HP. The only item that will deny you is a bloodstone.

brentech

Played a game where I had to solo suicide the rax over and over to win with aghs Razor.

Hopped over 3400 on my thalesknight account with that

Mrbob

There is a Japan Indie game called Phantom Breaker out on the Vita store. If you can get by the anime aesthetic the game is pretty damn fun. 2D brawler with lots of attacks to use and you fight on multiple planes a la Guardian Heroes. Only $11.99 as well.

BigAT

There is a Japan Indie game called Phantom Breaker out on the Vita store. If you can get by the anime aesthetic the game is pretty damn fun. 2D brawler with lots of attacks to use and you fight on multiple planes a la Guardian Heroes. Only $11.99 as well.

vIZRFhu.jpg

Oh brother...

It was interesting listening to AT and the others question why I wasn't stacking at pulling at roughly the same spots in the game I was asking if they wanted me to stack or pull.

I definitely whiffed a lot early on with my stuns and my first sentry but I bought enough detection to make up for it. It helped having another support on the team and have them indicate they were buying the Mek so I knew my job early was to protect Slark and provide kill chances. I also wanted to be more useful than I was at the start of game 1 when the casters and Shake both called me out for being useless. Playing support with an actual team is such a different experience than in pubs.

Also my crowning moment was dewarding Roshan and then helping kill Az as he walked right into vision.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/660/10145764.page

Hey everyone.

We appreciate our passionate community and we know there have been a lot of questions surrounding game modes.

The NHL team has been laser focused on creating the best next gen hockey experience possible and will be making an official reveal next week with full game mode details.

Thanks,

- EA NHL Team

Yep. It's gone. My favorite sports mode of all time. Gone.

Fuck you EA.

It was interesting listening to AT and the others question why I wasn't stacking at pulling at roughly the same spots in the game I was asking if they wanted me to stack or pull.

I definitely whiffed a lot early on with my stuns and my first sentry but I bought enough detection to make up for it. It helped having another support on the team and have them indicate they were buying the Mek so I knew my job early was to protect Slark and provide kill chances. I also wanted to be more useful than I was at the start of game 1 when the casters and Shake both called me out for being useless. Playing support with an actual team is such a different experience than in pubs.

Also my crowning moment was dewarding Roshan and then helping kill Az as he walked right into vision.

Our trilanes (both offensive and defensive) still need a lot of practice. We aren't always on the same page with when we should be fighting or stacking/pulling. I think a stack and pull would have been nice to pull the lane back and make it really dangerous for Az to come in exp range. We allowed him to get way too many levels just sitting by his tower. Even though he was allowed to sit in a relatively safe spot, we could have killed him several times early if we were just a tad bit more coordinated. Stuff like that is a good learning experience for us tho. We probably need a few games with AT/Grave coaching our trilanes before we really start to play them well. Right now we just dont punish the offlaner nearly enough and we often end up with underleveled supports/carry

Also, I didn't call you useless in game 1 what are you talking about? I didn't play game 1 brotana!

Not game 1 last night, game 1 of the series! I don't know if useless was the word anyone used but myself.

And yes, I do have a complex. I put myself down a lot.
sad.gif

brentech

Right now we just dont punish the offlaner nearly enough and we often end up with underleveled supports/carry

Well, the plan (originally), via Ferny was to not stack and pull and just push the lane. So started with that idea. But we wanted to lay down sentries as we did for the first/second wave and wanted to get a kill on BH.

Problem; blue said he had some key binding issues. We missed our first attempt because of a miss key (i dunno what u call that) or whatever. Then, while he mentioned he wanted to fix it, he didn't actually say i'm going into the menu to fix it right now. So Shake and I were still playing aggressive and were expecting his stun and it never came because he couldn't see what was going on. So we ended up wasting pretty much all blue's mana for naught.
So a lot of small issues down there. Probably at that point, we should have just stack + pulled. But by then, our top T1 was already down and we did say we just wanted to push bottom if all of them were going to crash down on top lane.

At least, that's my recollection of the events.

Technical difficulties and probably a mis-communication.

Top Bottom