• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Yeah I stupidly decided to re-bind my push to talk key mid match and not tell everyone. I had it on left Control which is poop when you are also trying to press Q to stun. I'm still not happy with where it is, but I'll mess with it before I play again.

Right... I wasn't in that game.

You must be thinking of the pub where I was playing wifestealer

Oh, well whatever. It's not really that big of a deal to me.

cdyhybrid

I called blue useless when after the match, but when I watched the replay said he did awesome.

Guy just has a complex.

Not game 1 last night, game 1 of the series! I don't know if useless was the word anyone used but myself.

And yes, I do have a complex. I put myself down a lot.
sad.gif

qTYTtbD.gif

LiveWire

Yeah I stupidly decided to re-bind my push to talk key mid match and not tell everyone. I had it on left Control which is poop when you are also trying to press Q to stun. I'm still not happy with where it is, but I'll mess with it before I play again.

Yea speaking of push-to-talk, does anyone else have problems with Mumble? I bind a push-to-talk key and it takes like 5 minutes of either waiting or ALT-TABing between DOTA and my desktop for it to take effect.

Ferny

Well, the plan (originally), via Ferny was to not stack and pull and just push the lane. So started with that idea. But we wanted to lay down sentries as we did for the first/second wave and wanted to get a kill on BH.

Problem; blue said he had some key binding issues. We missed our first attempt because of a miss key (i dunno what u call that) or whatever. Then, while he mentioned he wanted to fix it, he didn't actually say i'm going into the menu to fix it right now. So Shake and I were still playing aggressive and were expecting his stun and it never came because he couldn't see what was going on. So we ended up wasting pretty much all blue's mana for naught.
So a lot of small issues down there. Probably at that point, we should have just stack + pulled. But by then, our top T1 was already down and we did say we just wanted to push bottom if all of them were going to crash down on top lane.

At least, that's my recollection of the events.

Technical difficulties and probably a mis-communication.

I honestly just remember you guys talking about having a couple of issues with positioning and when to go in and not to go in on mumble so I just suggested that you guys play aggressive and push their tower hard since BH wasn't going to really pose any of you a threat. They were also pushing top tower really hard so the threat of TPs wasn't going to be as bad and if they did TP down there, it would give top lane a little bit of breathing room (which in all honesty didn't matter because as they said in the stream, that tower being down was probably more of an advantage for us)

All in all, Shake still got pretty good farm and levels and Brent was still able to influence fights at 6 with his ult so it ended up being good in the end.

The only tip, or whatever you want to call it, is in a tri-lane especially if it's a situation where they have a melee against ranged supports and one guy is pulling or whatever the case may be, if you can safely keep the creep wave between your carry and their hero, that's the best thing you can do if you have to say XP in that situation. I've noticed at times the support will be behind me or to the side of me which still could allow them to get a last hit in or still get XP. Everyone has been good about doing it though, I've noticed CB doing it on his own when using SkelKing.

eznark

Banned
MadGAF, you need to sign up for the Giantbomb tournament. There are teams in there you guys can beat for sure.

Yurp, we came up with a good fun team for it.

This has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with wanting to fuck around.

Crow
Ez
Nightz
Rors
Crow who was the fifth, CB?

So we could get like two more teams in there.

Risen 3 is unbelievable.

Trasher

This has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with wanting to fuck around.

Crow
Ez
Nightz
Rors

Risen 3 is unbelievable.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Crow
Ez
Nightz
Rors

Risen 3 is unbelievable.

Id wanna win too much to fuck around. You should have seen and heard the try hard shit happening in the grudge match games!

Id partner up with AT or someone to do a GAFcast, though.

Ferny

Id wanna win too much to fuck around. You should have seen and heard the try hard shit happening in the grudge match games!

Id partner up with AT or someone to do a GAFcast, though.

I'll be the lonely whisperer of the panel

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
What the fuck is going on with the Jags helmets?

Did somebody in the locker room get a hold of some black matte spraypaint? LOL

DietRob

Are you just seeing them now? They've been that way for a while now.

They're super appropriate for the Jaguars at least.

Hmm..Yea I guess so. They are weird.

Didn't watch much football last year?

Yea, honestly I don't watch much football at all. By product of growing up in Bengals country. I made a vow a few years ago that I wouldn't watch or follow the bengals until Mike Brown died.

eznark

Banned
Hmm..Yea I guess so. They are weird.

Yea, honestly I don't watch much football at all. By product of growing up in Bengals country. I made a vow a few years ago that I wouldn't watch or follow the bengals until Mike Brown died.

Mike Brown has been pretty great for like four years, you know.

DietRob

Did you also go through a Reds strike when we discovered that Marge Schott loves Nazis?

Reveal your true colors, Rob!

hahaaa.. that was awkward for sure.

Mike Brown has been pretty great for like four years, you know.

No I don't really know. I mean I guess they've made the first round of the playoffs for a few years and good for them. However, Marvin Lewis is still the coach. Anywhere else in the league and I don't think dude has the job.

Guess I'm just not a huge football guy. I casually watch OSU but I'm a baseball guy through and through.

How did this match last an hour and a half and Kunkka has no boots?

Did you guys buy all those Divine Rapiers or did they buy some?

Anti-Mage had over 800 last hits and didn't fully 6 slot.

800 last hits in one fucking game?

if I'm a carry it takes me like 8 games to get there

unless I'm bloodseeker, easiest last hit hero ever

Top Bottom