• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Greg

Just go in expecting every game to be horrible. That way you'll be prepared and pleasantly surprised if it goes alright.
yeah, I try to just have fun with it

I've taken a few breaks after some huge games. Had a great ember spirt game went like 20-0 and didn't play for a couple days. Felt like i beat dota.
my excuse now is that I have other games to play

just started Dragon's Crown yesterday, and I'm in the middle of my first playthrough of The Last of Us

McNei1y

I still remember quitting forever after out long ass journey and him dying lol

Rust: The game of exploring far away valleys with friends only to be murdered in far away valleys by friends.

I ran in the dark and stumbled upon that hidden fortress!

I got tomato lentil soup and a bacon turkey bravo sandwich (Smoked turkey breast, applewood-smoked bacon, smoked Gouda, lettuce, tomatoes )

brentech

that sucks. your twitch feed gets muted from about mid way through the first way until the next draft is going because of copyright apparently.

BigAT

that sucks. your twitch feed gets muted from about mid way through the first way until the next draft is going because of copyright apparently.

Apparently they don't fuck around with the Clarissa Explains it All theme song.

It blanket mutes it for 30 minutes?! Holy shit, fuck that garbage.

BigAT

Pretty sure the most recent theme song I played was from 1991.

Oh wow, it takes out a ton of game 1 of tonight even though I didn't play anything until game 1 was already over. Ridiculous. At least most of the second game is intact.

brentech

There was a lot of times in my NP game that I didn't feel safe pushing because their team was missing and we had no vision on their side of the map. I kind of regret it, but I kept just sending treants straight to the tower until people finally started TPing there, and then would switch.

But I had a lot of wasted treants as they traveled the entire map and probably expired before doing anything.

And as AT and Grave (mostly grave) were hassling me about not having BoT on NP some days back, I probably just hould have just bought them first instead of treads early...I dunno.

But yeah, the one time I was like, "I'm going to push bottom", sure enough, whole team show'd up and killed me. So that's why I was really hesitant to be too aggressive. (just a response to them saying how our team would take a tower and then farm for 5 min. I wanted to make sure I was actually safe to do so)
cool.gif

They were fun games though. We do need to do the pudge wars every so often as well.

Watching the VODS...

The commentary was really good. I really love when we do events like this.

gg wp everyone

I am glad I stopped pouting and actually played. I had fun playing in some madden gaf tryhard doto. I need to stop taking shit so personal and getting all emo over it. Sorry for being a whiny cunt over all of this

edit----

rors with the slark call so smart

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Watching the VODS...

gg wp everyone

I am glad I stopped pouting and actually played. I had fun playing in some madden gaf tryhard doto. I need to stop taking shit so personal and getting all emo over it. Sorry for being a whiny cunt over all of this

edit----

<3

Edit: I agree with the commentary. Just a great job from AT/Grave/Trash/Rors and the hint of splat. I think i have more fun rewatching the streams than playing in the games. I kinda wanna join the commentary team next time around.

I tried to get a python script working with livestreamer to rip the vod, but my Windows box doesn't seem to be recognizing the package. I'll try tomorrow on my Mac.

eznark

Banned
Watching the VODS...

gg wp everyone

edit----

So many misses!

The third game was finally fun when we stopped trying hard!

Is that Madden deal still going?

Ferny

Road to TI5 lets gooooooo.

MLB is more important to you than playing Dota with us.

One cool thing I realized listening back to the stream was that I feel Rors was on the money every time the other castors said "he probably did this because..." and Rors always chimed in and was correct with what the actual thought process of said action was during the game.

MLB is more important to you than playing Dota with us.

One cool thing I realized listening back to the stream was that I feel Rors was on the money every time the other castors said "he probably did this because..." and Rors always chimed in and was correct with what the actual thought process of said action was during the game.
That's because Bob is being an excellent league member, and that is bigger and more important than anything.

McNei1y

It still is fun. There's a HOT playoff race going on right now.

Im Sure it's still fun but I don't consider it fun when I get so upset over a game. I mean I was steaming by the end of the game because of how I couldn't hit and the animations were fucked.

He then asked for $10k/year for a license to his dumb mentoring program. It was about as successful as my Tidehunter.

I don't know what your tidehunter play is like but I'm assuming it's bad based on the analogy. Like my skill in dota.

Im Sure it's still fun but I don't consider it fun when I get so upset over a game. I mean I was steaming by the end of the game because of how I couldn't hit and the animations were fucked.

Get rid of that shitty ass Comcast breh

Also I realized that last night, while NHL is dead to me, that playing more FIFA may be a blessing in disguise. The celebrations in that game are infinitely better

Top Bottom