• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Good news, guys! Dragon Age: Origins is 125% off! So valve is giving you $7.25 to take it!

Edit: Now with picture!

DDRO6fk.jpg

Mrbob

I don't get the appeal of Kerbal Space Program. Explain it to me Shake.

Also, it seems like Intel lied about the OC ability of the 4690K and 4790K. The overclocks don't look much better than the earlier models, if at all. I could have bought a 4670K and had this built by the weekend.

I don't get the appeal of Kerbal Space Program. Explain it to me Shake.

Well, you get to manage your own space program which is pretty damn cool right from the start. There is a career mode that I am playing right now. You start off with only a few different rocket parts so you cant go very far. Assuming your first few flights are successful, you can collect "science" from earth and use it to upgrade your program through a tech tree. The more stuff you unlock, the further you can go, the more science you can get - lather rinse repeat.

Where it starts to get tricky is when you can get out into free space and approach the orbits of other planets or moons. Then you must build your ship with all kinds of extra stuff so you can adjust your trajectory and follow the destination planet's orbit, then try to land there without blowing up.

I haven't even attempted to land anywhere yet. I am about to make it to the moons orbit though - with a massive 7 stage rocket lulz (MAJOR MILESTONE BROS!!!) - Next step is to figure out how navigate myself so i will stay within the moons orbit, then catch up to the moon and figure out how to land there without crashing. This is likely going to take the next few days to successfully attempt.

When you actually land on a planet, you get to plant your flag there! This is where the fun is!

GOTY!

EDIT-----

shit! overshot the moon's orbit.... headed to "Minmus" - 46,400 km from earth!

need to redesign my stages so i have maneuverability left when i get this far out. I am still traveling at 3000+ m/s D:

Smokey

Well, you get to manage your own space program which is pretty damn cool right from the start. There is a career mode that I am playing right now. You start off with only a few different rocket parts so you cant go very far. Assuming your first few flights are successful, you can collect "science" from earth and use it to upgrade your program through a tech tree. The more stuff you unlock, the further you can go, the more science you can get - lather rinse repeat.

Where it starts to get tricky is when you can get out into free space and approach the orbits of other planets or moons. Then you must build your ship with all kinds of extra stuff so you can adjust your trajectory and follow the destination planet's orbit, then try to land there without blowing up.

I haven't even attempted to land anywhere yet. I am about to make it to the moons orbit though - with a massive 7 stage rocket lulz (MAJOR MILESTONE BROS!!!) - Next step is to figure out how navigate myself so i will stay within the moons orbit, then catch up to the moon and figure out how to land there without crashing. This is likely going to take the next few days to successfully attempt.

When you actually land on a planet, you get to plant your flag there! This is where the fun is!

GOTY!

EDIT-----

shit! overshot the moon's orbit.... headed to "Minmus" - 46,400 km from earth!

need to redesign my stages so i have maneuverability left when i get this far out. I am still traveling at 3000+ m/s D:

I bought it earlier and this makes it sound fun. Love space. Pretty happy that there seems to be a ton of new games exploring the area. At least on PC.

I bought it earlier and this makes it sound fun. Love space. Pretty happy that there seems to be a ton of new games exploring the area. At least on PC.

Yeah man I am a sucker for space exploration stuff too. You will love it!

Better get on it quick brah before i plant my flag all over the solar system! Ask yourself this brohammer, do you really want to stick your flag 2nd after Mr. Shake?

> Help!
> I immediately regret my decision

brentech

Here's my ride, titled 'Doom', shake:

NcCQVAml.jpg

Bout to blast off and see where I get. Actually, I think I'll take it back in and add more fueltanks for those outside engines

Welp,

I am lost in space now... my spacecraft has its own orbit now (382 days EAD earth) and is traveling at 11,300 m/s. There are no options for recovery so my kerbling is going to die :(

RIP Jebediah. You are a hero!

Work now begins on "Jebediah 1" in his honor!

Smokey

I went back to 1080p from 4k from some 120hz goodness...it's like going from 720p/1080p back down to 640x480. Everything is blown up. I don't think I'm built for this world any longer.

Need that 1440p/144hz/Gsync goodness next month

BigAT

I didn't know girls got yellow fever too, I thought that was just guys. I was more under the impressions that girls got yellow...tolerance.

We were all chanting that at work this morning and it's surprisingly more awesome than you'd think it would be.

lulz thats awesome

I love what the American Outlaws have done for US Soccer. We are so much louder and prouder than years past. Before you'd hear USA chants every once in a while but even those didnt get that loud. We get pretty damn loud now tho

Were there like...four shots on goal that half?

Such excite.

It's all about the tension broski!

eznark

Banned
lulz thats awesome

I love what the American Outlaws have done for US Soccer. We are so much louder and prouder than years past. Before you'd hear USA chants every once in a while but even those didnt get that loud. We get pretty damn loud now tho

It's all about the tension broski!

This isn't jazz. The space between the action is boredom.

Somnia

Grrrr my WiiU shipment got delayed, now told it'll be here Monday. I should ask for a refund for my overnight shipping lol

Top Bottom