• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

It's clearly a losers chant. "I believe" implies that you are in the minority in predicting x outcome.

Which makes it perfect for US soccer because we are the minority in thinking that we can win. We are not a world power in soccer and our program used to be complete shit. It is an underdog chant and we are perennial underdogs. Slowly but surely we are starting to improve and starting to "believe"... our soccer program still has a lot of room to improve so the underdog chant is fitting.

I like it! At least we aren't completely indifferent to the results anymore and no longer just accept defeat!

eznark

Banned
Which makes it perfect for US soccer because we are the minority in thinking that we can win. We are not a world power in soccer and our program used to be complete shit. It is an underdog chant and we are perennial underdogs. Slowly but surely we are starting to improve and starting to "believe"... our soccer program still has a lot of room to improve so the underdog chant is fitting.

I like it! At least we aren't completely indifferent to the results anymore and no long just accept defeat!

It's not an underdog chant. It's a loser chant. "Shock the world" is an underdog chant. It implies you are going to show the world how great you are. "I believe" says that the only way we can possibly win this is faith in the other.

BigAT

I was out and someone did the shout and return, one word at a time buildup chant of it...

"IIIIIIIIII"
"IIIIIIIII"
"IIIIIII BELIEVE"
"IIIIIII BELIEVE"

18 minutes into the process I was convinced it was an awful chant.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Tim Howard is the only US player that looks like he belongs on this stage right now.

BigAT

Tim Howard is the only US player that looks like he belongs on this stage right now.

New Jersey's own.

My heart can't take this!!!

surprise.gif
surprise.gif
surprise.gif

no it wouldn't have. the commentators took the ref flag out as it being a potential penalty but on looking at it again it wasn't for a penalty and the goal would have counted. now the US will lose in extra time :(

Yes it would have the offsides flag was up. If it went in it would have been called off.

eznark

Banned
So their overtime isn't sudden death and if you play too long they make you decide the outcome with a totally different game.

No wonder everyone in the entire world hates soccer.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So their overtime isn't sudden death and if you play too long they make you decide the outcome with a totally different game.

No wonder everyone in the entire world hates soccer.

Ive come to the conclusion that i can enjoy soccer once every four years as long as i have a rooting interest. Even then, some of the things that happen during a game just make me cringe.

BigAT

Artour B @Arteezy
Wow. Went to my first bar and had an alcoholic beverage; very interesting taste!!!

Artour B @Arteezy
whna t/>
??

Go home RTZ, you're drunk.

Mrbob

Yeah I got in on that 60 dollars of credit for 40 dollars from Newegg before the deal went dead, specifically to use on Sunset Overdrive. Newegg likes to give me free MS credit. Now I have around 150 dollars in XBL credit waiting on SO and Halo Collection.

Mrbob

I only bought one code as well. My other credit came a couple months ago from a previous error Newegg ran on XBL credit. Newegg will definitely do this again in the future.

Top Bottom