• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

I just walked into the break room at work to get a drink and there's a bunch of people in there watching TI on the big screen. We've hit the big time!

Also, I love where I work.

LiveWire

We can hear audio but the echo inside the arena hallways makes it incomprehensible. They need to do this at the century link field center, key arena is a hole.

Splat

Wouldn't that be crazy if I worked with bob and I had no idea.

I hope you're not doing all this for us. I'd never want you to sit in a line for 6 hours to get me a little figurine.

Yeah, if you guys aren't getting anything for yourselves, pull the chute and bail out

LiveWire

Nah we're getting stuff for ourselves too. But now that I've seen how crazy this is first hand,I might just max out the credit card and get as much as they'll let me buy!

Ferny

Nah we're getting stuff for ourselves too. But now that I've seen how crazy this is first hand,I might just max out the credit card and get as much as they'll let me buy!
You crazy man! 6 hrs is insane. I remember waiting in a line for an iPhone at launch for about 8 hours and that was only because I had no phone and needed it for a trip but I swore never to wait for anything longer than an hour again.

Mrbob

Unless you live in the great state of Wisconsin you don't work with me. :(

Also, is Bruno the Craig Sager of Dota? Dem outfits.

You crazy man! 6 hrs is insane. I remember waiting in a line for an iPhone at launch for about 8 hours and that was only because I had no phone and needed it for a trip but I swore never to wait for anything longer than an hour again.

In 1998, during what I guess was summer vacation after my freshman year of college, I waited in line for about 8 hours to get midnight tickets to the first showing of Episode I. I figured it was the first star wars movie in almost 2 decades and I just had to be the first to see it. I learned a week later that nothing is ever important enough to wait 8 hours for.

BigAT

In 1998, during what I guess was summer vacation after my freshman year of college, I waited in line for about 8 hours to get midnight tickets to the first showing of Episode I. I figured it was the first star wars movie in almost 2 decades and I just had to be the first to see it. I learned a week later that nothing is ever important enough to wait 8 hours for.

Oh my...you poor soul.

Splat

A friend of mine camped out for a ~month. You got off easy.

And then you got treated to disgrace

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
LOL. PSN tricked me. I thought it downloaded 12 gigs of Destiny in under a minute and caught myself thinking "Damn.. I could get use to this."

NOPE.

Ferny

Newbee going on. My midas touch propelling them to victory. One more set of games and into the final!

midas.jpg

Mrbob

Bleh, I don't need a mythology lesson. I was talking in reference to Dota and making money.

Also, didn't even realize EG had three people from the midwest, including one from wisconsin. I could be in TI5!

Is this like your whole "Oh, maybe the last ban we selected, was their last pick that's why they're taking so long" theory that you think is the case EVERY time?

I'm not saying DK won't win, but I feel like this option is a lot better than the clinic that Newbee has been putting on people over the last several matches.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MOTHER

FUCKING

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

BigAT

Shake:

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

I feel like they're doing a bit of a disservice to these games by having them so early in the tournament. It kind of undermines how important they are. Newbee and EG just made winners finals, guaranteed themselves top 3, but it just doesn't feel like much because it's the first matches of the tournament.

I feel like they're doing a bit of a disservice to these games by having them so early in the tournament. It kind of undermines how important they are. Newbee and EG just made winners finals, guaranteed themselves top 3, but it just doesn't feel like much because it's the first matches of the tournament.

I agree... I'm not sure what valve was thinking with some of the format decisions this year. I hope this isnt the set format for TI's moving forward. They need to tweak some things for sure

I figured at least the winners bracket stuff was done for today and that they would play a couple of lower bracket matches, but instead they are going to play out the entire upper bracket on day 1 of the event? Lame

BigAT

I agree... I'm not sure what valve was thinking with some of the format decisions this year. I hope this isnt the set format for TI's moving forward. They need to tweak some things for sure

I figured at least the winners bracket stuff was done for today and that they would play a couple of lower bracket matches, but instead they are going to play out the entire upper bracket on day 1 of the event? Lame

Oh wow, I didn't even realize they were playing the Winners' finals today as well, I thought EG/DK was the final set for the day. That makes it even worse honestly.

Shake:

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

Just unfortunate with the setup that the losers of the upper bracket need to be decided before the lower bracket can be played.

Oh wow, I didn't even realize they were playing the Winners' finals today as well, I thought EG/DK was the final set for the day. That makes it even worse honestly.

Yeah its terrible. Then you have the stadium which appears to be about half full on day one because everyone is in line to get secret shop shit before it sells out.

BigAT

Just unfortunate with the setup that the losers of the upper bracket need to be decided before the lower bracket can be played.

Sure, but there are two matches from lower bracket that they should have started with , then only start winners when necessary to create opponents for losers bracket.

Playing winners finals today with no rest for the teams seems especially misguided.

Mrbob

Grand finals on monday is the worst decision ever. Not everyone is Soka tier and can live off of a trust fund.

Also, when is the All Star stuff happening?

brentech

Yea. Thought I was missing the rest of the day because of this softball game, the. Saw they were playing this final matchup for whatever god forsaken reason

LiveWire

Yeah its terrible. Then you have the stadium which appears to be about half full on day one because everyone is in line to get secret shop shit before it sells out.

Yep that's exactly what I was thinking. While they did have TVs with audio once you got in the last hour of the line, the other three hours were spent inside Key Arena with nothing.

Swag Update

I managed to get almost all the items requested, except for the Crystal Maiden shirt and the mousepads which were sold out.

Will post a full update later tonight

I'll be honest. I'm going to be a little bummed if the racists make it to the finals from the top bracket. Though, if they do, I think they should just go full heel.

Top Bottom