• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I made an alt for that "game"!

I tried to help FMT get into dota for a while. The offer still stands.

alright i'll play one of these nights this week! not thursday though.... gots a concert to go to!

You really have to play a lot of games before you get a feel for whats going on and what you are supposed to be doing. Especially if you've never played a moba.

Honestly...I would pick a single "starter hero" (which we can recommend) and just learn the ins and outs of that specific hero. The game is so overwhelming with the number of items and heroes that if you try to do too much right away you never really figure much out.

Rorschach

i went through the training mode and played a couple times with people here. i would say about the only thing i learned outside of training is to not attack the CPU helpers on the other team until their energy is almost all gone so you get the gold. i just buy shit that the CPU recommends. then one time i bought a courier and they said WTF WHY'D YOU BUY THAT! and i said i dont fucking know!

that is my summary of dota: i don't fucking know!

That's all of us starting out and some of us still. :(

There are built in guides now so you can know exactly what to buy and it tells you at what stage of the game. Plus, I'll be there! We can start out with bot matches just to get the basics.

Don't just go into games with everyone... you'll be completely overwhelmed.

eznark

Banned
Isn't that always team specific? So if you choose the niners are your favorite team you'll get a different loading screen?

Isn't that always team specific? So if you choose the niners are your favorite team you'll get a different loading screen?

Don't think so. Does this happen for any game besides NCAA?

Lol so fucking lame

Richard-Sherman-Michael-Crabtree.jpg

eznark

Banned
They let you pick your favorite team and it definitely changes menu images, thought it changed loading images as well. Pretty sure it does in NHL (and The Show).

McNei1y

Seeing DOTA on ESPN was pretty awesome. ESPN is so lame though. I literally saw a headline Sunday morning

"AL Central's record since Lebron James signed with Cleveland". It made me want to punch babies. Sure, the Indians' record was 5-1 since the signing but who honestly cares about that?

So is anyone else just watching the noob stream because purge and sunsfan are more enjoyable to listen to than any of the other commentators?
Except Ayesee but I don't think he's been casting lately.

Second spoiler: Eznark, I expect a snarky response regarding me being a noob. Don't let me down.

TheCrow

If I'm interested in the game I just watch in game with no commentary. Otherwise I just leave the main stream on the tv. Though purge and Sunsfan have been good in the vods I've seen. So glad valve gave up on Ayesee. He's one of the few guys I just can't listen to.

eznark

Banned
So is anyone else just watching the noob stream because purge and sunsfan are more enjoyable to listen to than any of the other commentators?
Except Ayesee but I don't think he's been casting lately.

Second spoiler: Eznark, I expect a snarky response regarding me being a noob. Don't let me down.

I actually like LD and Synd. Not sure who is casting the finals though. I haven't had a problem with casting at all really. The camera work has been distractingly bad in some games though.

BtE7UCgCEAASgd2.jpg:large

BigAT

Finals are Tobi and Lumi. I would have preferred Synderen in with either Tobi or LD, but what are you going to do.

P.S. Ayesee is the worst of the big casters.

TheCrow

lol matt kessler on stream. And I think thats Crispy too. Ok, maybe its most of the daily dota crew. Where was Brad. :(

Guess they couldn't fit him into the shot.

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

exam done... time for some grand finals doto!!!!

LETS GOOOOOOO EG!!!

2ez4rtz
zai so kawaii
Universe #1 offlane Universe

NA DOTA HAS THIS SHIT!!!

cry.gif
cry.gif

go rotk :|

TheCrow

The questions have actually been decent. I think the inexperience, on both the reporters and players, with this format is making it weirder then it could be.
lol, did he tarnish your precious Reddit e-peen?

Slasher has been terrible for years. Was surprised to hear he was with ongamers in the first place.

eznark

Banned
He's a terrible writer, seems like a total douche, but also asked really good/hard questions. He was on a couple of starcraft 2 podcasts for a bit and always grilled those guys and I thought he was good at that when he was doing it for gamespot as well. Obnoxious twat though. But that's what the industry in general needs, someone who isn't trying to Luke all over your dick for a job at Bungie.

Top Bottom