• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I need to read that guide bc I was saving up for some weapon and crow or rors said I could buy the pieces to make that weapon separately but the 6.81 guide didn't say what to buy individually so I was confused

if you lick on the item it will show the parts needed to create that item in the store menu.

Its gonna be weird and confusing like that for a while. Dont expect to understand it right away.

doesn't even have cat ears...

battle_bunny_riven__by_seoulheart-d4uuswe.png

Or a Bunny Tail.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Do you guys have any suggestions for good podcast series to get into? I could use a few more to listen to while working out or playing games or whatever. The few i listen to now are:

Giant Bombcast
BS Report
Occasional other ESPN Podcasts
Marc Maron (When its a guest i wanna listen to)
Stone Cold

I used to listen to the Adam Carolla and Tested podcasts in the past but they lost me along the way. Im open to most any subject, but i think the bombcast is all that i wanna hear about games for any given week (unless its dota!)

eznark

Banned
I had no idea nightz was playing with us last night.

Also I'm pretty sure Idle Thumbs is lower tier than us. Vannaman said his MMR is like 2200. I've been up to 3450!

eznark

Banned
I sub to like 60 podcasts but audible killed them. Books!

Seriously there are no good gaming podcasts anymore except player one and QT3.

BigAT

Do you guys have any suggestions for good podcast series to get into? I could use a few more to listen to while working out or playing games or whatever. The few i listen to now are:

Giant Bombcast
BS Report
Occasional other ESPN Podcasts
Marc Maron (When its a guest i wanna listen to)
Stone Cold

I used to listen to the Adam Carolla and Tested podcasts in the past but they lost me along the way. Im open to most any subject, but i think the bombcast is all that i wanna hear about games for any given week (unless its dota!)

Bill Burr's podcast is good if you like his humor. As a white person, I'm obligated to listen to the occasional This American Life. I'll toss in an Opie and Anthony show if I'm going to have a lot of extra time.

eznark

Banned
Effectively wild is the best daily podcast on earth

Dota Insight is actually a not terrible dota podcast that is produced weekly. Sometimes they do in-depth game analysis which is always great. Sometimes they just talk about their ranked solo queue experiences which is always garbage.

Ferny

You can buy the in game currency though right? Pretty sure you used to be able to anyway.

Nope, you gain influence points from games and you can only use IP for Runes. Now you are able to buy IP boosts with real money which accelerate you getting IP, but you still have to play games to get IP.

eznark

Banned
Nope, you gain influence points from games and you can only use IP for Runes. Now you are able to buy IP boosts with real money which accelerate you getting IP, but you still have to play games to get IP.

That definitely was not always the case, at least not totally. I was given three copies of the boxed game (in stores for $20 at launch!) that had various amounts of all the currencies and codes for runes. Also the best Kayle set ever!

Ferny

That definitely was not always the case, at least not totally. I was given three copies of the boxed game (in stores for $20 at launch!) that had various amounts of all the currencies and codes for runes. Also the best Kayle set ever!

I mean I remember they gave out like a special Quintessence or something in boxed retail copies or like a special marketing version, but you could never buy them with real money directly in game.

LiveWire

Making it easier and easier for me to ignore that game.

Seriously.I'm dying to know what the result of that Dota trademark settlement was, cause blizzard is losing big time on the moba genre taking so long to get this game out. Should already be free to play for everyone.

TheCrow

Seriously.I'm dying to know what the result of that Dota trademark settlement was, cause blizzard is losing big time on the moba genre taking so long to get this game out. Should already be free to play for everyone.

Did they already say its going to be F2P? I would assume so, but you never know seeing how they handled SC2.

LiveWire

Did they already say its going to be F2P? I would assume so, but you never know seeing how they handled SC2.

I guess I should have said free to play while working out the kinks. This extended alpha is bullshit and every day it takes them to get this to "retail" release is another day DOTA and LoL keep growing their fanbase and making the genre a two-horse race with no room for anything else.

Greg

I can't stop playing Ancient Apparition

I still feel useless though because I don't know any of the other character's abilities, so I just kinda do my own thing and try to stay out of the way as best I can

Pay to Win mechanics? Yes, it does.
I never got a pay-to-win vibe from League because by the time you were level 30, if you weren't stupid with wasting your IP while leveling, you had enough to put together a great rune page

paying for RP to buy IP boosts to buy runes ended up being more of a convenience factor in setting up multiple rune pages than an actual advantage once the game started

The problem is you only get 2 rune pages I think, and you have to buy more with real money. Since heroes play so differently, 2 rune pages is not nearly enough and you don't have enough time at the start of a match to re-rune your pages. At least that's how it used to be.

When is that Chip n' Dales x DuckTales x Darkwing Duck MOBA getting released?

Can't be any worse than DC Universe.

The problem is you only get 2 rune pages I think, and you have to buy more with real money. Since heroes play so differently, 2 rune pages is not nearly enough and you don't have enough time at the start of a match to re-rune your pages. At least that's how it used to be.

I have 3 rune pages, I've only ever had 3 rune pages. The whole runes and masteries thing is pretty over stated in all honesty. They matter, yes, but only to a really small degree in every match. I think the number of matches I've lost because I had the wrong runes/masteries is probably less than 10 in over 3 years of playing. I lose matches in LoL for the same reason I lose them in DotA: poor mechanics, poor decision making, poor communication with teammates and poor team composition/drafting.

I also have never spent real money on runes or rune pages and I haven't purchased new runes with in game currency in like 3 or 4 years. Mind you I've also been firmly entrenched at the same skill bracket for that same time span, but I honestly don't feel like it is runes that have held me back.

eznark

Banned
I'd play the fuck out of a Disney or Nintendo moba assuming they weren't as kiddified as LoL or that new EA moba.

Does anyone else think of Timmy v. Jimmy when Fern and AZ fight about dota?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
How is league kiddified? My son plays it and it looks pretty similar to dota to me.

Top Bottom