• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Top 5 WR
Calvin Johnson 99 OVR
Brandon Marshall 96 OVR
Andre Johnson 95 OVR
AJ Green 95 OVR
Dez Bryant 94 OVR

Top 5 TE
Jimmy "I should be a WR" Graham 97 OVR
Rob "My INJ should be 5" Gronkowski 96 OVR
Vernon "Kam Chancellor should be paying for my alzheimer's medication" Davis 94 OVR
Jason Witten 93 OVR
Greg Olsen 88 OVR

Kind of a big drop off from #4 to #5.

Mrbob

Az play Dota with me instead. I'll never call you out. I'm a crunch time player too. Won 3 games in the last couple days with a two sets of rax down on our side and one final push to win.

TheCrow

Az play Dota with me instead. I'll never call you out. I'm a crunch time player too. Won 3 games in the last couple days with a two sets of rax down on our side and one final push to win.

You're not lying. Should've joined Team Bob for the joindota league instead of splat's team.

Greg

eznarkrampagesteal.gif
I don't know what that means, but whitepeople.gif

You'd probably enjoy Lich, Warlock, Silencer, Jakiro and shadow shaman as well. just a few off the top of my head. Silencer be played as a hard support or even a carry.
I'll keep those in mind... I was thinking about trying Jakiro or Lina next

out of the two I played, Witch Doctor felt a lot more useful throughout the entire game, but Ancient Apparition's ult is too much fun

I felt like I was pretty much just a slowing machine with AA except when I was using his ult, but maybe I'm just a bad

BigAT

I don't know what that means, but whitepeople.gif

It's this.

ibrxfpzmSMAp9G.gif

eznark

Banned
Listening yo Brad explain TI and competitive DOTA reminds me of listening to a European high schooler explain the US Civil War. He kind of knows the gist but every detail is just slightly off.

eznark

Banned
those games were fun last night

Since you're picking supports just make sure to always buy and place wards. (Google DOTA ward map). Especially useful when everyone else randoms 4 mid heroes!

Get a mic. Don't be like bob and fmt, afraid to let us hear your voice.

Greg

Since you're picking supports just make sure to always buy and place wards. (Google DOTA ward map). Especially useful when everyone else randoms 4 mid heroes!

Get a mic. Don't be like bob and fmt, afraid to let us hear your voice.
I've been using my Vita running Skype because that's what my brother uses when we play War Thunder, but I have no problem talking once it doesn't hurt to.

Any decent desktop mics you guys can recommend? I'd prefer still using my regular headphones. I loved the official PS3 mic that came with Confrontation while running docked, but I sold that with my PS3 and it looks like since then they've changed the model.

And yeah, I'll work on wards - that was the first time I put them down because I never even thought about it while playing bot games. I still get confused on a lot of simple things like having a courier, no recall button, multiple shops with different items, and items requiring both shops to be built.

eznark

Banned
I've been using my Vita running Skype because that's what my brother uses when we play War Thunder, but I have no problem talking once it doesn't hurt to.

Any decent desktop mics you guys can recommend? I'd prefer still using my regular headphones. I loved the official PS3 mic that came with Confrontation while running docked, but I sold that with my PS3 and it looks like since then they've changed the model.

And yeah, I'll work on wards - that was the first time I put them down because I never even thought about it while playing bot games. I still get confused on a lot of simple things like having a courier, no recall button, multiple shops with different items, and items requiring both shops to be built.

Those were the biggest changes when I came over from LoL. Back then, there weren't even good in-game guides to it was even more of a fucking nightmare. Now you can just pick a highly rated guide (basically any guide that has the latest patch number and is 85+) for item builds. There really aren't that many variations. As a support 75% of the time you'll go boots-mek-aghs/enemy disabler in addition to buying wards.

the other thing is you pretty much always want to have a TP scroll. I think in our last game you ended up like 6 levels behind everyone despite having a good k/d/a and it was because you were walking everywhere. Basically never walk back to base unless you absolutely have to, and unlike LoL, you never really need to go to base.

brentech

dota 2 is my first and only moba, but items were definitely the hardest thing for me to pick up on. There's just so much shit, and as you said, multiple shops.

There is still some heroes that I don't often play, that I'll ask others for their advice on what to buy next.

eznark

Banned
I played Morhpling for the first time ever, never even used him in a bot or in house that I can recall. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any last hits then Crow looked and was like "uh, you really have a lot of strength." I just left the strength toggle on. I was doing like 30 damage for the first 15 minutes of the game.

Pro Morph EZ!

brentech

I played Morhpling for the first time ever, never even used him in a bot or in house that I can recall. I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting any last hits then Crow looked and was like "uh, you really have a lot of strength." I just left the strength toggle on. I was doing like 30 damage for the first 15 minutes of the game.

Pro Morph EZ!

lol, that's like when i played him the other day in our bot game with FMT. I never realized how that shit worked. He's pretty fun though.
I've started practicing him in my own bot games. I also need to work on clockwork

Greg

Those were the biggest changes when I came over from LoL. Back then, there weren't even good in-game guides to it was even more of a fucking nightmare. Now you can just pick a highly rated guide (basically any guide that has the latest patch number and is 85+) for item builds. There really aren't that many variations. As a support 75% of the time you'll go boots-mek-aghs/enemy disabler in addition to buying wards.

the other thing is you pretty much always want to have a TP scroll. I think in our last game you ended up like 6 levels behind everyone despite having a good k/d/a and it was because you were walking everywhere. Basically never walk back to base unless you absolutely have to, and unlike LoL, you never really need to go to base.
The one time I went to the secret shop with just enough gold and purchased something that was at the other shop, and that pissed me off. And then I completely forgot about having a courier until I walked back and that pissed me off even more.

I'm know things will start to slow down soon as I play more, but it's definitely a lot to take in at once. I'm still just getting used to managing the camera.

BigAT

Morphling is fun. His escapability is ridiculous if you know what you're doing, between wave, strength morphing and being able to just instantly transport to your replicant. He is the hero I have my highest KDA ratio with just because he is impossible to kill.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm know things will start to slow down soon as I play more, but it's definitely a lot to take in at once. I'm still just getting used to managing the camera.

See I used to think this too. Then after 140 hours it's still a lot to take in, I continually made stupid mistakes, and my reaction time to everything that was going on was shit, so I quit. Hopefully you catch onto things better than I did.

eznark

Banned
Morphling is fun. His escapability is ridiculous if you know what you're doing, between wave, strength morphing and being able to just instantly transport to your replicant. He is the hero I have my highest KDA ratio with just because he is impossible to kill.

I figured it out by the end of the game. Waving into an escaping, shadow blading Kunkka to get the kill was fucking rad. I was just so under-itemized at the end because I spent the first 15 minutes being unable to last hit basically. Can't wait to play him again. His wave makes it so that it doesn't even matter that I can't last hit for shit!

Pretty sure I am going to spend the bulk of my time in the near future just randoming with brauntosaurus.

Trust me, if you are able to reliably communicate with teammates you'll learn a billion times faster.

Ferny

Just learn to do spot-on impressions like me and everyone will love your voice.

Your Pee-Wee Herman is PERFECT.

See I used to think this too. Then after 140 hours it's still a lot to take in, I continually made stupid mistakes, and my reaction time to everything that was going on was shit, so I quit. Hopefully you catch onto things better than I did.

It sounds absolutely INSANE, but 140 hours in Dota or even League for that matter is pretty much just scratching the surface. Dota more so than League because there are so many variables to consider. There are things that people are just now finding out with heroes even after 500+ hours so it's constant learning with Dota.

Greg

you guys all sounded fine to me

bartscott.gif

Trust me, if you are able to reliably communicate with teammates you'll learn a billion times faster.
I'm looking at this now - might #YOLO and pick it up:
http://www.modmic.com/

Top Bottom