• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It sounds absolutely INSANE, but 140 hours in Dota or even League for that matter is pretty much just scratching the surface. Dota more so than League because there are so many variables to consider. There are things that people are just now finding out with heroes even after 500+ hours so it's constant learning with Dota.

Yea, I think that was the other part of it for me. The prospect of putting thousands of hours into a game is very intimidating to me. I know it's a great game and I don't knock anyone at all for putting thousands of hours into it but I just can't see myself doing it.

TheCrow

I'm looking at this now - might #YOLO and pick it up:
http://www.modmic.com/
You could always pick up one of these. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00029MTMQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20 Cheap mic that just works.
I think brent and bob sound very similar. I used to get them confused. Worst voice is pretty harsh though.

How about this. Bob has the best and worst voice. I used to mistake splat and somnia because they would rarely play with us. But now its just somnia who bailed on us. :(

I used to confuse Splat with Bluemax. I think I still do. Mostly because Bluemax is never on and he sounds similar to Splat so I always just think it's Splat.

Mrbob

I don't give a fukkkkk, use my mic all the time.

Xyclopz is now my favorite Dota 2 streamer. Catching up on old videos now.

eznark

Banned
I'm sure this will get Bob to use his Mic when playing with you eznark!

Bob knows I love him and his dulcet tones. Those tones just happen to be aurally offensive to most human beings.

And yes I only say that because bob has gotten over his phobia and now talks all the time. Plus, MrTooCoolForSchool ditched us last night because he was hosting a party! A party?! That shit is so anti-dota it's not even funny.

brentech

Why are these kids in the amazon fire phone commercial dressed like douchey hipsters? Does amazon think that's cool? Is this supposed to be some good side or ironic....whhhhhyyyyy

brentech

That commercial makes me angrier than it should.
It really pisses me and my wife off. The boy reminds us of Manny from Modern Family, which is bad enough, but having both the boy and girl go full on hipster style is just wtf

I don't understand how they can think that's a good way to market anything.

MX Browns for life! Really like this G710+

It really pisses me and my wife off. The boy reminds us of Manny from Modern Family, which is bad enough, but having both the boy and girl go full on hipster style is just wtf

I don't understand how they can think that's a good way to market anything.

Manny is the best!

eznark

Banned
I need a new desk before I get a new keyboard. My desk suuuuucks.

http://www.redharbinger.com/blog/portfolio/cross-desk-complete/

A-look-inside-7.jpg

TheCrow

MX Browns for life! Really like this G710+

Went with the Corsiar K70. Can't wait to see how many times i accidentally use my bkb/abilities. Though I should have a easier time self casting, too many times i've had to hammer the keys force staff out or get the abbadon shield out.

eznark

Banned
Went with the Corsiar K70. Can't wait to see how many times i accidentally use my bkb/abilities. Though I should have a easier time self casting, too many times i've had to hammer the keys force staff out or get the abbadon shield out.

that's a sick looking keyboard, not sure how I would like those contoured WASD keys though.

I was thinking about picking up the Razer naga Hex. It has six buttons on the side for moba items. Since I already awkwardly use the buttons on my RAT 7 for items, I think it would be pretty slick. then I can safely use the WASD camera method like #1NADisraptorThalesknight

Trasher

LiveWire got you all stuff? Damn. I said I could have gotten stuff too! No one trusts me I guess!

MadGAF needs some more golden doomlingsssss.

TheCrow

that's a sick looking keyboard, not sure how I would like those contoured WASD keys though.

lol that was my first reaction too but they are actually just optional keys you can install. Should have it by tomorrow which is just in time for The FMT & Smokey Dota Extravaganza.

I was thinking about picking up the Razer naga Hex. It has six buttons on the side for moba items. Since I already awkwardly use the buttons on my RAT 7 for items, I think it would be pretty slick. then I can safely use the WASD camera method like #1NADisraptorThalesknight

I have the logitech g600 and mapping the side buttons on the mouse to Dota items makes things much easier.

Mrbob

I was playing some Sven last night, still feed too much. The first game with him we might have won if not the other 4 deciding to fight near their tier two tower instead of ours. I tried getting them to come back but to no avail and then I was late on the fight. Team wiped game over.

Second game with Sven I had the worst support ever. OmniKnight wouldn't buy wards or courier. Me and Lifestealer ended by buying wards and courier plus upgrade. Pro carry supports. OmniKnight also constantly fought me for last hits in the lane.

I tried out Blink Dagger for the first time. I wasn't very good at it though I did get one good blink stun for an assist on a kill.

brentech

then I can safely use the WASD camera method like #1NADisraptorThalesknight
It's a pretty baller method.
Q > Q
W > E
E > R
R > F

1-6 are my items, but I put wards or other items I don't need to activate in 5-6

I really thought when I first started the game that everyone went with WASD for camera, so I chose it. Little did I know, no one else that I know uses it. But I like it, it allows me to concentrate mouse movements to getting abilities off in the right spots and not lagging behind chasing people while trying to use skills

Top Bottom