• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

eznark

Banned
5 days early and a maximum of 2 hours to play.

I'm sure the internet will become ablaze with fake anger, which always happens nowadays, and Sony will cave in. Then we can subs within subs on all consoles, hurray.

What?

And nah, Sony declined to subsidize the content.

Mrbob

They changed the wording in the faq now to "limited time":

http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/faq.html...faqfirstposttw-img&cid=23695&ts=1406662691018

What will the pre-release trials include? Will my progress carry over?

Each game is different, so each game’s trial will be, too. In some titles you’ll be able to play one of the game's modes for a limited time, while other times you can jump right into the full game. And since you’ll always be playing the real game, any progress you make will carry over so you can pick up where you left off on launch day.

A lot of it seems different now. Possibly play the whole game early or play one of the game modes a limited time. That is a big gulf.

Greg

I still haven't received tracking, but my mic is on the way so you people can yell at me easier

I'm hoping it works decent with my onboard sounds because it's not compatible with my audio interface

Still waiting to flirt with Nightz.

I really hope he gets a mic now that he lives in Baltimore so I can hear gang wars in the background while he plays.

Somnia

The EA shit is $30 bucks, that shit is chump change. If you're getting the console brand new and want to throw $30 down to get 4 games right out of the gate it's not a bad deal. Yes they are "old" games, but for some people if you are shopping for kids this Christmas it's a pretty damn good deal.

Mrbob

I have around 170 dollars in MS cash I picked up on the cheap with nothing to spend it on. I might do it just to lower the balance.

I assume for the sports games you'll be able to jump right in. Don't go console warz, bob.

Eh, I don't trust EA when it comes to vague commentary. Nothing to do with console wars. I put together a home theater PC I mainly use for gaming now ( And Twitch watching which is great ). Just finished The Walking Dead season one. Enjoyed it despite the fact I don't think there was much of a game there. Good story telling with some interactive elements. 400 days was trash though.

Mrbob

Ferny is trying to pull me back into TitanFall on XB1. Maybe I'll put that 30 bucks towards the season pass and we can play 4 times then never play again.

The EA shit is $30 bucks, that shit is chump change. If you're getting the console brand new and want to throw $30 down to get 4 games right out of the gate it's not a bad deal. Yes they are "old" games, but for some people if you are shopping for kids this Christmas it's a pretty damn good deal.

Somnia! Why you no Wildstar anymore?

Ferny

Ferny is trying to pull me back into TitanFall on XB1. Maybe I'll put that 30 bucks towards the season pass and we can play like 4 times then never playing again.

Do it!

You, Smokey, and I can wreck people online. Tomorrow's update is going to address the screen tearing and frame rate issues and adding the black market thing for burn cards and it's not micro transactions, it's all in game currency that you earn by playing and then discarding your burn cards that you don't want.

brentech

I'll agree with this.

But I don't like pretending like they're handing out new titles. If one day that actually say that, fine, but as it is, it's a short trial period to find out if a title is broken or not.

Mrbob

Do it!

You, Smokey, and I can wreck people online. Tomorrow's update is going to address the screen tearing and frame rate issues and adding the black market thing for burn cards and it's not micro transactions, it's all in game currency that you earn by playing and then discarding your burn cards that you don't want.

So the performance update is finally coming? Maybe I'll give the game another go. The tearing and frame rate drops bothered me so much when I initially played it.

We'll have to see how dutiful EA is with updating the Vault. They claim nothing will be removed. Right now the game selection doesn't seem hot but in two years it will look a lot better.

Somnia

Somnia! Why you no Wildstar anymore?

Honestly I've just been really busy IRL and haven't had time.

We'll have to see how dutiful EA is with updating the Vault. They claim nothing will be removed. Right now the game selection doesn't seem hot but in two years it will look a lot better.

Bob, the selection isn't hot to us, a kid getting a new system on Christmas would be pretty happy with some of those games. That's what I was talking about.

eznark

Banned

Yeah, you just don't really get much for it if you are a sports gamer aside from the early weekend, which I would totally pay for again if given the chance.

Mrbob

Someone tell me if this is any good:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/247080/

Number two on the Steam top selling list. Rogue like rhythm game?

Bob, the selection isn't hot to us, a kid getting a new system on Christmas would be pretty happy with some of those games. That's what I was talking about.

Games with Gold or PS Plus seem a much better value if we are going to talk about free games. With EA Access we are narrowing the selection down to one publisher.

Somnia

Games with Gold or PS Plus seem a much better value if we are going to talk about free games. With EA Access we are narrowing the selection down to one publisher.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but a gamestop rep selling to a parent can up sell a $30 card (most will already get gold or plus anyways trust me) and just be like "for $30 you get these 4 games instantly for a year" and from my experience running stores, parents will jump all over that.

eznark

Banned
So 20% of the people that bought Mario Kart 8 also bought a console with it. That seems like a really high number to me for a 18 month old console.

cdyhybrid

So 20% of the people that bought Mario Kart 8 also bought a console with it. That seems like a really high number to me for a 18 month old console.

It's the first big first-party game for the console IIRC (and probably the first great game for it). I was one of those 20%, the console didn't really have anything that appealed to me before MK. I pretty much bought it for MK and Smash Bros.

BigAT

I predict Nightz will sound like Dave Chappelle's impression of white people, Greg will sound like Toad from Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

eznark

Banned
*insert clever DOTA emoticon here*

hush.gif

Mrbob

I got the system for SM3DW

Well worth it

Yeah it is. I still haven't finished New Super Mario Brothers. I think I'm on world 6. I've tried restarting a couple times but lose interest to keep playing after I finish a stage. Playing Kirby Triple Deluxe on 3DS at the moment. Kirby games so good.

I still haven't exactly figured out how Crypt of the Necrodancer plays after watching two days worth of streams. But I'm intrigued by the concept.

I'm among those people. I bought the $200 refurb unit and then bought Mario Kart 8.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Pretty sure ive played more of my wii u than ps4 this year.

Also the best twitch streaming!

Yeah it is. I still haven't finished New Super Mario Brothers. I think I'm on world 6. I've tried restarting a couple times but lose interest to keep playing after I finish a stage. Playing Kirby Triple Deluxe on 3DS at the moment. Kirby games so good.
NSMB on Wii U is mind numbingly boring, I guess if you don't play Mario much it is ok but it felt real generic and didn't give a shit

Somnia

So are we doing the madden gaf fantasy leagues this year? Last year we had the Keeper's League and another one, but haven't heard anything.

Pretty sure ive played more of my wii u than ps4 this year.

Also the best twitch streaming!

I've played The Show a ton and Madden as well. I know there's no way a WiiU will get touched as much.

So are we doing the madden gaf fantasy leagues this year? Last year we had the Keeper's League and another one, but haven't heard anything.

I'm in the regular GAF fantasy league. It has a pretty steep buy in. You guys don't play for money, right?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I was actually just thinking about the fantasy league last night. I think the keeper league was run by ferny? The others were run by rors, which means we might need new ones.

Ferny

Although I won the Keeper one, Shake somehow got to the finals without ever setting his lineup lol plus we really only had like 5-6 active people and that includes Eznark, you, Cola, and CB.

I'm in the regular GAF fantasy league. It has a pretty steep buy in. You guys don't play for money, right?

Nope they are usually free. Would be cool to do a MaddenGAF pay league but not sure if everyone is that much into fantasy to do so.

Ferny

Do you guys want to do a regular and an auction league like last year or just one, if so which one of those would most want to do? Three is a bit much so maybe just drop the Keeper.

I can set them up and get invites sent out today.

Somnia

Do you guys want to do a regular and an auction league like last year or just one, if so which one of those would most want to do? Three is a bit much so maybe just drop the Keeper.

I can set them up and get invites sent out today.

May as well do both imo... I know we have some that we've ran since 2008 out on yahoo, but I think Rors ran them so I don't know if we can continue them.

Top Bottom