• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

I went ahead and did a break down of how many top 5 players each team had:

KC 2 OFF 3 DEF = 5 Total
DEN 1 OFF 2 DEF = 3 Total
OAK 1 OFF 1 DEF = 2 Total
SD 0 OFF 1 DEF = 1 Total

IND 0 OFF 2 DEF = 2 Total
HOU 1 OFF 1 DEF = 2 Total
TEN 0 OFF 1 DEF = 1 Total
JAX 0 OFF 0 DEF = 0 Total

CLE 1 OFF 1 DEF = 2 Total
CIN 1 OFF 1 DEF = 2 Total
PIT 0 OFF 1 DEF = 1 Total
BAL 0 OFF 0 DEF = 0 Total

NE 2 OFF 3 DEF = 5 Total
MIA 0 OFF 2 DEF = 2 Total
NYJ 0 OFF 1 DEF = 1 Total
BUF 0 OFF 1 DEF = 1 Total

SEA 2 OFF 3 DEF = 5 Total
SF 2 OFF 3 DEF = 5 Total
ARI 0 OFF 2 DEF = 2 Total
STL 0 OFF 1 DEF = 1 Total

NO 2 OFF 2 DEF = 4 Total
CAR 2 OFF 1 DEF = 3 Total
TB 0 OFF 2 DEF = 2 Total
ATL 0 OFF 0 DEF = 0 Total

GB 3 OFF 0 DEF = 3 Total
MIN 2 OFF 0 DEF = 2 Total
CHI 2 OFF 0 DEF = 2 Total
DET 1 OFF 1 DEF = 2 Total

DAL 2 OFF 0 DEF = 2 Total
PHI 2 OFF 0 DEF = 2 Total
WAS 1 OFF 0 DEF = 1 Total
NYG 0 OFF 0 DEF = 0 Total

Giants, Baltimore, Jacksonville and Atlanta all confirmed to be awful according to Donny.

Well fuck. The position at the job (at my old job) that I've been wanting has just opened up and they called me today to tell me to apply; however, I just got a new job like three weeks ago. Anyone ever been in a situation like this?

It's pretty much my dream job for now.

Unless it is a significant upgrade and you run zero risk of burning bridges, don't do it

McNei1y

It's a toughie. I'd probably regret not applying but I know it'd screw my new company over. The thing that sucks is A) my friend referred me and B) a coworker in our team got fired today so their workload is piled onto the other people in the team. So I'm bound it to make it worse. But shit I know I'd be working at this place for a long time if I took it.

brentech

Well fuck. The position at the job (at my old job) that I've been wanting has just opened up and they called me today to tell me to apply; however, I just got a new job like three weeks ago. Anyone ever been in a situation like this?

Do what you think is best for you, and if you know you'll be staying with that job.

Smokey

#thesehoesaintloyal

they'd fire you if they felt like it for whatever reason...do what's best for you

Also you mentioned that you're merely applying for the job....might not be worth that risk

but yes do what's in your heart, you're young, you have time

Mrbob

Keep your current job and apply for this one. If you get it, quit your current job. If you don't get it you have your current job.

brentech

Also you mentioned that you're merely applying for the job....might not be worth that risk

but yes do what's in your heart, you're young, you have time
If he's applying, and knows people there since he worked there, it's totally legit to ask them not to contact new employer.
I really think there is no risk for him if he really wants the job. Do what's best for you. It sucks leaving someone in a jam, but they don't have to pay his bills.
Live your own life.

McNei1y

Thanks for the input and advice guys. It'd definitely make me feel better if I worked at this position. Definitely sucks it came up now during my first few weeks at this new job but I know I'd regret it if I passed on it.

eznark

Banned
Thanks for the input and advice guys. It'd definitely make me feel better if I worked at this position. Definitely sucks it came up now during my first few weeks at this new job but I know I'd regret it if I passed on it.

Let's talk about it on mumble. While we play dota.

brentech

I'm in the worst game of my life

why won't it end
Should have heard them trying to get me to end my solo game last night. Team wouldn't do shit. Just needed them to basically go anywhere so I could take final racks.

Eventually I took it for the hour long win. But I think my longest is 78 min or something.

Greg

Buy a Divine Rapier. It will end quickly one way or another.
I don't even know what that is, but it's finally over now!

Should have heard them trying to get me to end my solo game last night. Team wouldn't do shit. Just needed them to basically go anywhere so I could take final racks.

Eventually I took it for the hour long win. But I think my longest is 78 min or something.
we were down 1, but this was an easy bot match that went 65 minutes, hahaha

I was playing Crystal Maiden and couldn't do shit in terms of pushing, my teammates were more concerned about fighting than winning, and no one wanted to fight as a team

cdyhybrid

I don't even know what that is, but it's finally over now!

we were down 1, but this was an easy bot match that went 65 minutes, hahaha

I was playing Crystal Maiden and couldn't do shit in terms of pushing, my teammates were more concerned about fighting than winning, and no one wanted to fight as a team

It gives you 300 damage, but drops on the ground if you die and anyone can pick it up.

TheCrow

Credits are rolling in The Last of Us, and i'm left saying "wait, that was it". Don't think I'm going to bother with the dlc.

brentech

Credits are rolling in The Last of Us, and i'm left saying "wait, that was it". Don't think I'm going to bother with the dlc.

I think I kind of felt the same way after just completing it, but after reflecting, I kind of liked it. They definitely want you to fill in the blanks on your own.

TheCrow

I think I kind of felt the same way after just completing it, but after reflecting, I kind of liked it. They definitely want you to fill in the blanks on your own.

Well, i liked it. I don't regret playing it. Just that i expected more.
I totally thought joel or ellie were going to die

TheCrow

i dare you to post this on gaming side.

They'll tell me that i need to play it on the extreme hardcoe diffucilty level to really experience the true next gen gameplay. Plus I'll have to actually articulate my thoughts when all really want to say is "it was meh".

A single match of dota is more emotional than the 15 hours i put in the last of us.

BigAT

Game sure looks pretty. Guess I'm just spoiled after playing walking dead.

I have to say some of the moments in the Last of Us fell a little flat for me than they would have otherwise because I played it shortly after Walking Dead. If for no other reason than because I was set in the mentality of always assuming the absolute worst thing was always going to happen, so it lost some of the emotional impact and surprise.
Like when the black guy's little brother turns and they have to kill him, I was like well duh, of course that was going to happen.

That being said I did like Last of Us a lot.

Mrbob

Those of you who saw Guardians of the Galaxy, did you see it in 2D or 3D? Normally I stay away from 3D movies but I'm hearing the 3D in GotG is well done.

eznark

Banned
I have to say some of the moments in the Last of Us fell a little flat for me than they would have otherwise because I played it shortly after Walking Dead. If for no other reason than because I was set in the mentality of always assuming the absolute worst thing was always going to happen, so it lost some of the emotional impact and surprise.
Like when the black guy's little brother turns and they have to kill him, I was like well duh, of course that was going to happen.

That being said I did like Last of Us a lot.

Only one ending. I'll YouTube it.

Mrbob

I'll probably go see the 2D version then.

Where do you get a chance to get the gold figurines? Those aren't from the micro plush blind boxes?

I want to find a spot which sells the figurines.

Mrbob

Oh ok. Found some vengeful spirit ones on ebay. Might get the regular one as I like it better than the gold one.

Is the digital item in the regular demi hero figure worth it? I can get the figure for 40 dollars without code or 50 with it.

McNei1y

Hey guys, thanks for the advice yesterday. You're helping me come to a conclusion on what should be done. I'll definitely apply and see what happens from there.

Eznark, thanks for the invite to dota (as usual) but I was out for dinner then drinking for my birthday last night (today's my birthday cool!). I'm not doing anything exciting except more drinking tonight (and chipotle) so I'd be down for some dota during the day today!

I agree with crow and AT about the expectations of drama in The Last of Us. But aside from the whole "expecting the worst outcome" feeling while playing it, the story really hit me. I fucking loved that game.

eznark

Banned
Sorry bob I was running. I'd pay the extra ten bucks for th code, I think even regular items are going for more than that but even if not, they are kind of rare!

Smokey

If any of you have Comcast intenet, try resetting your modem. Apparently they are doubling speeds or providing a speed boost to some customers. Reset mine and got the following:

3664247949.png

Somnia

If any of you have Comcast intenet, try resetting your modem. Apparently they are doubling speeds or providing a speed boost to some customers. Reset mine and got the following:

3664247949.png

Well they didn't boost my speeds, but this is what I've been getting for over a year now.

3664350462.png

Top Bottom