• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

Dammit we got worked earlier. I was stupid for fighting nobody up top while you guys were rumbling low early. Then I got caught roaming again late. Shameful!

Now for mek, what exactly does it do and who does it do it for? Only me or all my teammates nearby?

BigAT

Dammit we got worked earlier. I was stupid for fighting nobody up top while you guys were rumbling low early. Then I got caught roaming again late. Shameful!

Now for mek, what exactly does it do and who does it do it for? Only me or all my teammates nearby?

The activated ability heals you and nearby teammates for 250 HP and gives them a +2 armor buff.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Any of you dudes know where I go on PS4 to watch videos I saved from MLB 14?

edit: Nevermind 'capture gallery' .. Either I'm stupid or PS UI design is. OR BOTH?!?

eznark

Banned
So only guaranteed money goes against the cap in the NFL? I never understood that in anything besides baseball. I know it's easier to cut him if its not guaranteed, but doesn't it still tie up about $19M each season you keep him?

He'll probably get over $20m this year because they have tons of cap room. The only way he gets the rest of that contract is if they feel he has earned it. It's a smart cap move.

So it's just a safe move since they didn't utilize their cap in another way this season and they can front load it while not risking much if they have to cut him, because they didn't guarantee that much. He just signed a big contract and is still under pressure to perform.

But the whole contract still goes against the cap right? Not just the guaranteed?

eznark

Banned
So it's just a safe move since they didn't utilize their cap in another way this season and they can front load it while not risking much if they have to cut him. He just signed a big contract and is still under pressure to perform.

But the whole contract still goes against the cap right? Not just the guaranteed?

no, the guaranteed portion goes against the cap and can be apportioned in any way the team and player see fit over the agreed to years. So only that years guaranteed portion of the contract, plus the annual salary, count.

So it's just a safe move since they didn't utilize their cap in another way this season and they can front load it while not risking much if they have to cut him. He just signed a big contract and is still under pressure to perform.

The cap is on a yearly basis. So whatever portion of the contract that is set to be paid for that year goes against the cap. If he's cut after the season, the rest of his contract never counts against any subsequent caps.

Edit: That's why guaranteed money is so important to players in the NFL.

Branson

Haven't bought a Madden since 2k5 and was wondering if it's ok if I ask you guys some questions about the most recent maddens? I've been in the mood for a football game recently and I kind of have specific tastes when it comes to them. I would like the ability to make players and add them to a team, does Madden 15 have this feature? And with this feature does it work on offline franchise mode as the created players are free agents and you draft them? I know I'm in a weird minority lol.

eznark

Banned
Looks like it's 2 years $25m when boiled down. Really nice signing/timing. It may even be better than the ludicrous deal the 49ers got Kap to sign.

brentech

People create players that Madden leaves out every year. So you can definitely add created players to teams, but I don't personally know if you can create them and draft them as rookies.

Sokantish

Haven't bought a Madden since 2k5 and was wondering if it's ok if I ask you guys some questions about the most recent maddens? I've been in the mood for a football game recently and I kind of have specific tastes when it comes to them. I would like the ability to make players and add them to a team, does Madden 15 have this feature? And with this feature does it work on offline franchise mode as the created players are free agents and you draft them? I know I'm in a weird minority lol.

You have to create the players first and then make the offline franchise and import your roster. I don't think you can draft them though, you either assign them to a team or get them through free agency... I think that's how it works in Madden 25 at least, who knows what they will remove or add in Madden 15

eznark

Banned
Kaps deal is year to year and only the injury bonus is guaranteed. Kap has actually won in the playoffs and dalton hasnt

Kap has dead money through 2018, sounds like the Bengals are going to be able to cut him with not strings after next year. So, two fewer years and slightly cheaper. I don't think there is a huge difference between the two. Both dominate the Pack!

Branson

People create players that Madden leaves out every year. So you can definitely add created players to teams, but I don't personally know if you can create them and draft them as rookies.

You have to create the players first and then make the offline franchise and import your roster. I don't think you can draft them though, you either assign them to a team or get them through free agency... I think that's how it works in Madden 25 at least, who knows what they will remove or add in Madden 15

Ok thanks. I'm not current on what features like that madden has or anything. I know they sometimes take out features and stuff. The draft part I'm not too worried about I was just wondering about the create and adding to team options.

Mrbob

Neither of them is Super Bowl Champion Russell Wilson.

So there's a Madden XBO bundle, will there be a PS4 bundle? I want to save a few bucks!

MS gave EA a ton of cash moneys so I doubt there will be a PS4 bundle. Sony spent all their money on Luke.

Also, I think it is a good idea to remind FMT Wilson is the superior QB in the NFC West. He is a Super Bowl Champion while Kap is the loser QB who couldn't defeat Joe Flacco in a Super Bowl.

BigAT

Who's your quarterback again?

eli-manning.jpg

#blessed

Apparently they are adding demi heroes to the Dota store today

If only I wasn't so broke. I'm trying to hold off on extraneous expenses this month so I can afford a PS4/Madden. I got some OT pay coming this week so I think I'll be good.

Considering cancelling my DirecTV subscription even though football season is right around the corner...

Greg

tried to price match Sam's Club's $349 PS4 at Best Buy since I have a few old gift cards there, and they wouldn't do it because the Sam's Club next door didn't have the PS4 in stock nooo

7-4-13 normal match with Witch Doctor yeahhh

NEL339] [Radiant: (C)Zai, arteezy, kky, pieliedie, ixmike88] [5283] | [Dire: (C)tralf, ppD, Universe, JiggleBilly, Cr1t] [5405]

NEL game about to go down get hype!

Mrbob

Didn't Volvo have a different set of demi heroes available in China? Hopefully more come soon and isn't limited to these five.

Edit: Wow those shipping charges. 12.54 for two figures.

Top Bottom