• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Offseason Thread: There's a terror in knowing what this thread is about

in more important news....

As for existing past broadcasts, beginning three weeks from today, we will begin removing them from Twitch servers. If you would like to keep your past broadcasts, we encourage you to begin exporting or making highlights of your best moments so that they’re saved for posterity.

We need to protect our madden gaf treasures like the grudge match bo5, 30 min bottle, and "where are bobs boots?"

in 3 weeks they will be gone forever!!! :(

brentech

in more important news....

We need to protect our madden gaf treasures like the grudge match bo5, 30 min bottle, and "where are bobs boots?"

in 3 weeks they will be gone forever!!! :(
I already make highlights of all I want to keep anyways. Right now, even the stuff I tell it to delete under past broadcasts still shows up in my dashboard. So I'll be glad if it cleans that up

Ferny

Woo-Hoo

for spending points on improving player attributes, multiple commissioner control, and a new option for simming forward.

Autopilot Control
Another suggestion that came out of our discussions with the Game Changers was allowing players to determine how long to put a team on autopilot. If you’re going on vacation for one week and want autopilot to turn off after one week, you have that ability.

^ WHAT ARE YOU DOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

That's because you are the best

I wonder if LiveWire is below the players I play with.

Wait, what am I saying, the people I play with at least know not to buy two sets of boots.

In-Game Overall Ratings
Another big change in Madden NFL 15 is seeing the same overall (OVR) ratings in game as the depth chart. If a QB is an 85 overall in your scheme in the front end, they’ll be an 85 OVR in game as well.

THEY FINALLY FIXED THIS.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I missed your message last night FMT. Im usually on dota around that time!

If You'll be my bodyguard,
I can be your long lost pal!

I missed your message last night FMT. Im usually on dota around that time!

If You'll be my bodyguard,
I can be your long lost pal!

You can call me Al!

Looks like the knights of the round table are set for madden. Me, cb, Luke and phee. Some tough choices to make on who the final 32 will be

BigAT

If you guys think AT is mean, wait till you peek in CS!

Haha, I never would have thought I'd get angrier from CS, but somehow it happened. I think it comes from having played on a team for so long, it's real annoying to see people selfishly go for personal glory instead of playing intelligently for the team.

we learn plenty... you just pretend every game we lose is due to our mistakes or shortcomings and every game we win is due to flawless brilliant play by yourself or grave

The thing is, I can't tell if you are joking with this whole cunty shtick or if this is actually genuine behavior

Much of my frustration comes from the feeling that almost all of you have stopped trying to learn or improve. It feels like far too often when mistakes are made instead of trying to turn it into a teachable moment, others are blamed or excuses are made (far too many of which are outright false). Brent is pretty much the only one I see that is actively trying to get better on a consistent occasion. Here Brent, you've earned a sticker:

good-job.gif

If you think I don't also give Grave shit for mistakes, I don't know what games you're watching. I usually call out my own personal mistakes even when no one else knows they even happened. Admittedly I haven't taken the most constructive approach to this type of thing lately, but it can get frustrating when advice falls on deaf ears.

Haha, I never would have thought I'd get angrier from CS, but somehow it happened. I think it comes from having played on a team for so long, it's real annoying to see people selfishly go for personal glory instead of playing intelligently for the team.

Much of my frustration comes from the feeling that almost all of you have stopped trying to learn or improve. It feels like far too often when mistakes are made instead of trying to turn it into a teachable moment, others are blamed or excuses are made (far too many of which are outright false). Brent is pretty much the only one I see that is actively trying to get better on a consistent occasion. Here Brent, you've earned a sticker:

good-job.gif

If you think I don't also give Grave shit for mistakes, I don't know what games you're watching. I usually call out my own personal mistakes even when no one else knows they even happened. Admittedly I haven't taken the most constructive approach to this type of thing lately, but it can get frustrating when advice falls on deaf ears.

I improved once and then it all turned to dog shit last night!

Ferny

good-job.gif

Personally for me, when you, Grave, and I used to play together, you were super helpful. I can't remember a time when you were dick-ish or anything like that. Sure, there were jokes when things went wrong or whatever, but it was never all that bad. There is a very stark difference though on how situations go in game now when it comes to criticism coming from your end towards not just myself, but others as well. Maybe that is playing with more of MaddenGAF as their skill levels have grown and gotten better than they used to be, I don't know for sure.

On a whole though making fun of someone over and over for something does not help someone really learn (I'm speaking strictly while the game is actually going on), it just makes them want to keep playing how they want to play as they are already upset about having to relive the same mistake over and over in a game they are still playing. Even the whole "dude you had the skill off cool down why didn't you click it" thing is old and in the heat of the moment there are so many factors that could go in to why that person didn't click a particular skill.

This isn't just based on personal experiences for me, but more so stuff that I have noticed within the group itself. Brent said something very true yesterday about the group doing the whole blame game thing way too often instead of just owning up to a mistake or taking a suggestion. I think we all could improve on that a bit more.

DMczaf

Random Draft Classes
For the first time in CFM, draft classes are entirely random. Every name, rating, trait, face, etc. is randomly generated every season. No two classes are alike or predictable. This is something we’ve wanted to do for the past few years. Our fans have been very passionate about random draft classes, and this addition adds unlimited replayability to Connected Franchise.

Awwwwww shit.

I generally agree with the overall lack of will towards improving ones play. There is so much finger pointing going on lately that it seems its always someone else's fault. To be fair, some of the things you view as mistakes aren't mistakes of the player. Some times you call for stuff that is impossible or unrealistic. We then tell you why something couldn't be done and you immeditaley say otherwise. We need to have some 5 man replay sessions after particularly bitter losses maybe.

I notice a lot when we decide to take a fight we take it when people are still out of position. Then people get mad when the out of position player/s can't cast his spells in time. I think our biggest issues are communication and trust.

As for you admitting thay you are not taking the most constructive approach lately, that's what I'm talking about. It seems lately you are especially cunty about every little mistake. Maybe that's cause the tier of games we now play in seem to punish small mistakes much harder.

Honestly I think if we all bullshitted in mumble about certain weaknesses in our own play we would probably improve quite a bit. At least we would have known deficiencies to work on instead of pretending our play is perfect and its someone else's fault we lost.

Also, mistakes are part of the learning process. One in particular is early level smoke ganks... You really don't need to be a cunty bitch when we fail one of these. Only way we get better is by practicing them. Explain to us why shit went wrong maybe instead of " lulz another classic madden GAF gank"

I dunno maybe I'm just rambling :/

CB3

I think the only things that really frustrate me these days is we still have questionable team composition alot of the time. Like we'll have a lineup with no stuns. Or no hard carry. I feel like its something can be easily improved upon. People tend to go yolo during hero selection a little too much (myself included).

And lone druid. Fuck that guy.

Thing are gonna go bad in the game. Its just how it is. In the heat of battle, when people have 4 skills and x number of active items that can be used, mistakes will be made. It might irk me in the moment but i almost never carry it past that (aside from using it in jokes and shit talking in jest).

eznark

Banned
You guys must've played in some super tense games without me or I am oblivious. I haven't seen a ton of finger pointing, just mostly silence halfway through bad games.

That one games where shake threw his computer through a wall was amazing though.

I will say the one time I got real annoyed was that Razor game when I didn't get BKB. In game I got shit on but afterwards when I actually discussed it and my reasoning for it that helped a lot! A lot more than "I can't do this anymore" anyway.We fucking won that game too!

I think clearly it is time to run some team ranked and crank this up! We've plateaued and gone stagnant, time to break through that glass ceiling!

TheCrow

Fuck all ya'll! You guys aren't yolo enough for me. Sorry boys but it's time for me to start my career as a solo artist. Road to 4k starts as soon as I get some sleep.
sleeping.gif

CB3

Fuck all ya'll! You guys aren't yolo enough for me. Sorry boys but it's time for me to start my career as a solo artist. Road to 4k starts as soon as I get some sleep.
sleeping.gif

You have to pass me in MMR first, pal!

highfive.gif

You guys must've played in some super tense games without me or I am oblivious. I haven't seen a ton of finger pointing, just mostly silence halfway through bad games.

That one games where shake threw his computer through a wall was amazing though.

I will say the one time I got real annoyed was that Razor game when I didn't get BKB. In game I got shit on but afterwards when I actually discussed it and my reasoning for it that helped a lot! A lot more than "I can't do this anymore" anyway.We fucking won that game too!

I think clearly it is time to run some team ranked and crank this up! We've plateaued and gone stagnant, time to break through that glass ceiling!

I feel like I haven't been in any of the really tense games either, or maybe I just brush it off. Sometimes, a curb stomp turns into a fun "tether to the ancient" game!

eznark

Banned
I feel like I haven't been in any of the really tense games either, or maybe I just brush it off. Sometimes, a curb stomp turns into a fun "tether to the ancient" game!

You need to get in a tense loss with Brent. It can be very rewarding. Where Shake goes super ragey, Brent just sort of quietly seeths.

brentech

I appreciate an acknowledgment of me trying to improve, but to say I'm the only one is quite false.

There are a couple if people stuck in their ways, but it's more less because they want to play a certain type of hero over not trying to learn as whole.

(Although playing a lot of types of heroes really gives you a way better sense of what's going on at all times in any game). When I switched from always playing support to pretty much any postion, I noticed a huge growth in my play. Albeit, it had cost me some when playing a hard support as I just don't do it as often.

Everyone can improve, but sometimes the timing of calling people out on stuff is so off that it just doesn't help until it's far too late.
I've asked for help so many times and not heard the slightest response until the game was already over. Pretty much any response when asking for it is better than nothing.

TheCrow

I thought we gave a decent reason ingame. Something about razor needing to move and deal damage over time so you can't afford to get disabled. In contrast to warlock or disruptor, aren't really one spell heros but I hope that makes sense. I think that team had a ton of disable and cc. Tide and someone else.

eznark

Banned
I thought we gave a decent reason ingame. Something about razor needing to move and deal damage over time so you can't afford to get disabled. I think that team had a ton of disable and cc. Tide and someone else.

As I remember it none of that was said til after the game, or maybe right at the end when I started to explain my thought process.

Regardless my point wasn't about that, it was about how useful I found actually talking about it afterwards. Shake is right!

TheCrow

As I remember it none of that was said til after the game, or maybe right at the end when I started to explain my thought process.

Regardless my point wasn't about that, it was about how useful I found actually talking about it afterwards. Shake is right!

I thought it was sometime after you said something about not really needing a bkb. But I don't know, was too busy thinking of what other silly item to get on carry veno that wasn't bkb. But bkbs suck anyway. Should've just got skadi for the endless static link.

eznark

Banned
I thought it was sometime after you said something about not really needing a bkb. But I don't know, was too busy thinking of what other silly item to get on carry veno that wasn't bkb. But bkbs suck anyway. Should've just got skadi for the endless static link.

I just wanted to do damage Crow, you know what that is like.

CB3

I will say on the topic of being constructive vs. being an asshole, It probably could err on the side of constructive a bit more. Its just being aware of who you are playing with and whats going on at the time. For example, i know Shake has a short temper so if he does something wrong in a close game, ill be more calm with him if i feel the need to tell him something. Sending him over the edge might be funny in hindsight, but its not gonna make him play better in the moment.

Some of you think im rough with the less experienced guys and i just like to shit talk them (which hey, i do!), but im usually the one coaching them at midnight and having conversations through AIM/steam on how they can improve or just answering general questions. I really want them to be just as good as any of us that have been playing together for a while.

TheCrow

I just wanted to do damage Crow, you know what that is like.

Damn right! You are worthy of joining Team YOLO. It wasn't me complaining about your lack of bkb. But you did ask if anyone else had daedalus when you should damn well know that we can never have enough daedaluses. So you lost some yolo points right there.

eznark

Banned
Damn right! You are worthy of joining Team YOLO. And it wasn't me complaing about your lack of bkb. But you did ask if anyone else had daedalus when you should damn well know that we can never have enough daedaluses. So you lost some yolo points right there.

I think that was more me thinking of doing something else, since they had a lot of AOE but not a lot of burst. I was thinking since we all either live or die together lets have one of everything!

I don't even remember what I was going to get. Maybe a butterfly. Who knows.

I wish I could trust other people to buy wards so I could learn to last hit with a carry other than Jugg.

Top Bottom