• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Rookies Season 1 Official Thread: CFL, Watch Out!

Rorschach

GG, Air. Benson was unstoppable (shedding tackles like crazy), yet you decided not to use him much after a few attempts went sour.

Oh, man...after having no real star RB with the Raiders and no offensive line whatsoever, it was so liberating to run with Minnesota. That's actually why I chose them over the Favres. It was so amazing seeing AP do what I ask right when I push the buttons. Jordan and Rhodes are retarded in that regard.

Oh and sorry about the interruptions.... :( You're a great sport.

AirBrian

I wouldn't say unstoppable. But I see what you were saying. In the first game, he had 26 yards on 6 attempts. But whatever you were doing in the second game, he got shut down. Only 11 yards on 8 attempts, which included 1 run for 7 yards. So basically, 4 yards on 7 attempts. :| That's just poor. Then I started passing too much...and as we all know, passing + Rexy = bad combination.

I was happy to see some success passing in the middle though late in the game. Silver-lining, right!

Rorschach

AirBrian said:
I wouldn't say unstoppable. But I see what you were saying.
Yeah, maybe my perception was skewed because it took several guys just to tackle him.

ChrisJames and...Fill in packer??? let me know when you can play.

AirBrian

yacobod, yeah, he's still around. He and vumpler were supposed to play on Thursday but they didn't. Where are you guys?

Wellington said:
If you guys still need another team taken over I can fill in.
The owner of the Patriots should be back this week, which Ramirez has been filling in temporarily. If you and Ramirez want to duke it out for Green Bay, be my guests! :)

Ramirez

AirBrian said:
The owner of the Patriots should be back this week, which Ramirez has been filling in temporarily. If you and Ramirez want to duke it out for Green Bay, be my guests! :)

Wellie can have them, all of my time will be devoted to Halo 3 shortly, glad I could help out though.

Birdman02

DCX said:
How about around 9pm my time?

DCX

You're on the east coast, right? I don't think I can make it that early....my son doesn't go to bed until around 8:30 cst. He's only 1, so I can't really get any gaming in when he's awake.

Smokey

Damn...

I'm ready for my week 5 game against LJ and I see over half the people haven't even played week 3 games let alone week 4...

AirBrian

Smokey Bones said:
Damn...

I'm ready for my week 5 game against LJ and I see over half the people haven't even played week 3 games let alone week 4...
Yeah, I don't even want to think about what Halo 3 is going to do. :(

That said, Week 5 is open for those of us that care!

LJ11

Smokey Bones said:
Damn...

I'm trying to get this week 4 game in, sent Maverick a message. We'll see if he replies, I'm looking forward to our game. Bills our sooo fucked after the next roster update, half my D is on IR.

AirBrian

OK, let's go, guys! If I have to suffer playing with the TrainRex, you can suffer through a game too!

Week 2:
Tennessee (bonsevan) at Indianapolis (vumpler)...you guys going to play this?
Minnesota (Rorschach) at Detroit (ChrisJames)...Rorschach just took over Minny.
Chicago (AirBrian) at Green Bay (???)...waiting for a GB takeover.

Week 3:
Cincinnati (Drey1082) at Pittsburgh (Maverick66)...???
Green Bay (???) at New Orleans (corey f baby)...waiting for a GB takeover.

Week 4:
Buffalo (LJ11) at Pittsburgh (Maverick66)...???
Cincinnati (Drey1082) at Indianapolis (vumpler)...???
San Diego (yacobod) at Tennessee (bonsevan)...bonsevan, what's up?
New Orleans (corey f baby) at Philadelphia (Andokuky)...corey f baby, what's up?
Atlanta (DCX) at San Francisco (Birdman02)...you guys are working on it.
Green Bay (???) at Minnesota (Rorschach)...waiting for a GB takeover.

Looking at the list, it's not as bad as it seems. Still, not much for excuses as we have 4 methods of contact. To those having trouble getting a hold of your opponent, take advantage of GAF and XBL PM's.

Any of these games not completed or at least scheduled through this thread by Friday will get coin-tossed with a high-probability of a regular participant winning. So you guys that are active, don't worry. ;-)

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I will gladly finish all my games this season, but if someone who has more time to focus on the colts would like them please be my guest and I will just be a sub for any team here :D I don't have the time to learn 2 teams fully so being in this league is just fun to me.

I would love to be a complete alternate for anyone if possible. But get at me so i can play my games unless someone would like them.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
DCX...any chance you're around now? I just sent you a FR, so hopefully we'll be able to get this game in soon.
I work 7am-3pm est. It's really hard to be awake at 10 to play then enter stats. Like i said before if you could get on maybe 9, i can swing it.

DCX

variance

AirBrian said:
OK, let's go, guys! If I have to suffer playing with the TrainRex, you can suffer through a game too!

Week 2:
Tennessee (bonsevan) at Indianapolis (vumpler)...you guys going to play this?
Minnesota (Rorschach) at Detroit (ChrisJames)...Rorschach just took over Minny.
Chicago (AirBrian) at Green Bay (???)...waiting for a GB takeover.

Week 3:
Cincinnati (Drey1082) at Pittsburgh (Maverick66)...???
Green Bay (???) at New Orleans (corey f baby)...waiting for a GB takeover.

Week 4:
Buffalo (LJ11) at Pittsburgh (Maverick66)...???
Cincinnati (Drey1082) at Indianapolis (vumpler)...???
San Diego (yacobod) at Tennessee (bonsevan)...bonsevan, what's up?
New Orleans (corey f baby) at Philadelphia (Andokuky)...corey f baby, what's up?
Atlanta (DCX) at San Francisco (Birdman02)...you guys are working on it.
Green Bay (???) at Minnesota (Rorschach)...waiting for a GB takeover.

Looking at the list, it's not as bad as it seems. Still, not much for excuses as we have 4 methods of contact. To those having trouble getting a hold of your opponent, take advantage of GAF and XBL PM's.

Any of these games not completed or at least scheduled through this thread by Friday will get coin-tossed with a high-probability of a regular participant winning. So you guys that are active, don't worry. ;-)

me and andokuky must have missed each other that night we agreed to play, but we've got each other's gamertags so we'll get a game in soon.

I'm playing my week 5 match tonight, and green bay will be done whenever someone's using green bay. so no problems here :)

Maverick

FWEFefasfga

Boys, my 360 redringed. I'm sending it to MS tomorrow hopefully. How long do they usually take to get back?

Drey1082

Maverick said:
FWEFefasfga

Boys, my 360 redringed. I'm sending it to MS tomorrow hopefully. How long do they usually take to get back?

I was wondering why you never accepted my friends request.

I'm still around for whoever I play week 4 or 5.

Rorschach said:
Anyone seen ChrisJames around? I haven't seen him here or on aim.

Yo.

It's been a hectic week for me... Lots of school stuff and was at a 21st b-day party last night, not to mention Halo 3 coming out, etc etc. Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll be playing that all night with a friend, so I don't think I'll be able to get our game in 'til tomorrow.

Birdman02

variance said:
so I guess it's safe to say that I'm the worst player in the league ;)

:(

gg ando, well played.

Didn't you beat me in week 1? :(

DCX, does tonight at 9 est work for you? I'll probably be online either way.

Also, happy b-day Chris! Hope you still remember it!!!:D

Birdman02 said:

It wasn't my b-day, I'm an old man - 22 :lol Thanks, though.

Rors, I might still be able to play late tonight. I'll send you a message or something if I'm not too tired.

DCX

DCX
Birdman02 said:
Didn't you beat me in week 1? :(

DCX, does tonight at 9 est work for you? I'll probably be online either way.

Sorry dude. I had to play some Halo, and i had a vet game. Tonight would be good. 9ish.

DCX

yacobod

Banned
i havent played a game for the league in like 2 weeks

my last 2 opponents are mia, might need to find some ppl to replace INDY and TEN

AirBrian

yacobod said:
i havent played a game for the league in like 2 weeks

my last 2 opponents are mia, might need to find some ppl to replace INDY and TEN
vumpler posted on this very page. :(

Big Zep, you want Indy?

Rorschach

Wellster, I can play nows!

Big Zep said:
yea, i'll take Indy! :D

sorry wellie :D
Dayum...didn't know Indy was on the table...way to give Zep a high powered offense -_-

[edit] ChrisJames: I'm available to play tonight any time you are able except in an hour or so when I might play Wellie. Holla!

AirBrian

Maverick said:
FWEFefasfga

That sucks. :( Don't worry, you're spot is still yours when you get your 360 back.

vumpler said:
I will gladly finish all my games this season, but if someone who has more time to focus on the colts would like them please be my guest and I will just be a sub for any team here :D I don't have the time to learn 2 teams fully so being in this league is just fun to me.

I would love to be a complete alternate for anyone if possible. But get at me so i can play my games unless someone would like them.
OK, fair enough. Looks like Big Zep will take over then.

Also, Maverick's 360 died, want to be his sub for a couple of weeks? :D

Big Zep said:
yea, i'll take Indy! :D

sorry wellie :D
League info is on the first page. As soon as you sign-up, I'll assign you a team.

Top Bottom