• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Fifty

I'm going to offer a reward to the person who talks so much shit against someone that they force that player to quit the league. I'm starting to regret my decision to sit out due to time constraints and this is the easiest way back in.

Fifty said:
I'm going to offer a reward to the person who talks so much shit against someone that they force that player to quit the league. I'm starting to regret my decision to sit out due to time constraints and this is the easiest way back in.

:lol
What's the reward? :D

DCX

DCX
...i hate to say this...but i do think if we played 6 minute quarters it will help the issue about play calling. I know Ram wasn't trying to milk the clock but he had a massive drive that took like almost a quarter. Like he said, hot routes and all that jazz.

DCX

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
5 minutes is perfect. Lets not change it! If people are slow play callers then SHUT THEM DOWN and get the ball back and don't worry about it! People aren't conspiring against the other person trying to clock manage them in the first quarter!? 5 minutes is plenty of time, its still 50 - 60 minute games and its perfect.

If you're truly having problems with play call use the kiddie selection. Select by type! If you cant determine "hmm should I run or should I pass this time?" within about 5 seconds then you have more issues than we can help you with :lol.

More still its the same playbook from last year with a few plays added. I know I play more than the average player but damn I have at least 10-15 of the playbooks memorized. If you're having trouble remembering the stock playbook then I have no idea what to say :/

Slo

vumpler said:
If you cant determine "hmm should I run or should I pass this time?" within about 5 seconds then you have more issues than we can help you with

Use the Brad Childress method. Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt.

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
5 minutes is perfect. Lets not change it! If people are slow play callers then SHUT THEM DOWN and get the ball back and don't worry about it! People aren't conspiring against the other person trying to clock manage them in the first quarter!? 5 minutes is plenty of time, its still 50 - 60 minute games and its perfect.

If you're truly having problems with play call use the kiddie selection. Select by type! If you cant determine "hmm should I run or should I pass this time?" within about 5 seconds then you have more issues than we can help you with :lol.

More still its the same playbook from last year with a few plays added. I know I play more than the average player but damn I have at least 10-15 of the playbooks memorized. If you're having trouble remembering the stock playbook then I have no idea what to say :/
...you sure try hard hard not to sound like an asshole do you? :lol

DCX

My user name has changed since last season but we played a game or two last year and I can assure you that it was a miserable, cheesy experience. If I recall correctly, you even (kind of) apologized after FMT stepped in and vowed to not be as cheesy and run up the score (which you also did).

Anyway, I was pointing out the irony in YOU calling someone else cheesy. If you dish it out like a champ you better be prepared to take it, especially when you are calling out a long-time vet who no one has ever had a problem with.

Running up the score isnt cheese, just tasteless.... I think that is what I apologized for...

If you wanna have an argument, it will be one-sided. I barely remember you, and I dont remember our games so I can't speak to them. I must have beaten you pretty badly for you to have such vivid memories, I hope you feel better now getting that all off your chest.

To your point about having the audacity to call out Wellington, keep gawking nephew! If FMT hypothetically did something that was bullshit I would call him on it too, and I'd expect the same.

If you are done stirring up shit, kindly back the fuck up and tend to your own business sir ....from one consultant to another

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Slo said:
Use the Brad Childress method. Run, run, pass, punt. Run, run, pass, punt.

Or my method of "Run, Utter Failed attempt to pass, get pissed and try some inane passing idea that goes nowhere, pause the game and vent to the opponent"

AAAAAAAAnnd Repeat.

PS: You'll still be remembered warmly as "The Cheeser that Could" Shawn :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
25615DG~Save-The-Drama-Posters.jpg

Lonestar said:
Or my method of "Run, Utter Failed attempt to pass, get pissed and try some inane passing idea that goes nowhere, pause the game and vent to the opponent"

AAAAAAAAnnd Repeat.

PS: You'll still be remembered warmly as "The Cheeser that Could" Shawn

Not taking the bait dude..... this isnt going to be a repeat of last year.

Zep

Banned
Lonestar said:

*remembers this playing lonestar w/ the headset*

Striker

Speaking of headsets, you guys use them? I'll use mine if the other person talks. I'm not the type to call you insults, talk about how small your weiner is, or how you get lucky.

I'll actually probably chat with you about the teams playing or the NFL. :D

Slo

I'll use the headset for pickup games, but not for my league game. I'm too busy trying to figure out how to cheese a 73 rated team to victory.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
67 rated team and I dont have the deep pass this year,I'm DOOMED.

I need a gameshark like DM and Fmt.

Shawnwhann said:
Running up the score isnt cheese, just tasteless.... I think that is what I apologized for...

If you wanna have an argument, it will be one-sided. I barely remember you, and I dont remember our games so I can't speak to them. I must have beaten you pretty badly for you to have such vivid memories, I hope you feel better now getting that all off your chest.

To your point about having the audacity to call out Wellington, keep gawking nephew! If FMT hypothetically did something that was bullshit I would call him on it too, and I'd expect the same.

If you are done stirring up shit, kindly back the fuck up and tend to your own business sir ....from one consultant to another

You were memorable because of how cheesy you were and how quick you are to insult others, as evidenced above and earlier in the thread. Not because of your 99-rated OSU team cheesing some scrub team that I was filling in for while I was trying to battle the crappy cross-country lag and keep the league moving. It's not stirring up shit as much as keeping you honest.

Also, for all your bitching about Welly's Strahan, he wasn't half the monster that Charles Grant was for me in the preseason. Grant, who is not a weapon player, had 7 sacks over two games, and I never controlled him. My other DE, Will Smith, who is a weapon, had another 3 sacks. I usually control the DT, so those sacks were entirely by the CPU. The Giants' DEs are even better, so maybe it's a problem with the game and not just Welly.

Don't call someone out as a cheeser just because you got your ass kicked. Especially since he apparently didn't pull the DE out and sprint around the tackle. If anything, he deserves credit for completely taking you out of your gameplan, and it's BS that you didn't give credit where credit was due.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
I'm actually wondering how people end up fairing against my cats front 7 after reading matt's post. Because I'm not gonna lie I bring the boys just like we do in the real shit. I just wish the O line wasn't so broken this year. I was trying to see where the flaws were and O linemen love to break off their double team and head really far up field. The only problem with this is they miss the LB coming through the hole. I have to say the running game is truly broken this year. It can be shut down almost entirely. The panthers do have arguably one of the best front 7's so maybe my viewpoint is skewed. I'll say this, in 60+ games I've yet to see someone rush for over 150 yards. Most everyone I play though forcibly shuts down the run.

Regardless it's going to be a great season :D

Fifty

So, I caved..I gave the lazy fucks at Tiburon my hard-earned money yet again.

I may not be currently in the league because of my own overestimation of my schedue..but rest assured that when someone flakes or when Luke quits because Ramirez has IMed him one too many times about Halo 3's multiplayer, I will be there to take their spot.

I'll be staying in game shape by practicing with my training partners: Matrix and Bog.

God save you all when I'm finally unshackled

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
So, I caved..I gave the lazy fucks at Tiburon my hard-earned money yet again.

I may not be currently in the league because of my own overestimation of my schedue..but rest assured that when someone flakes or when Luke quits because Ramirez has IMed him one too many times about Halo 3's multiplayer, I will be there to take their spot.

I'll be staying in game shape by practicing with my training partners: Matrix and Bog.

God save you all when I'm finally unshackled
If you want we can have some practice games so you can show me how bad it can get :)

DCX

Fifty

Sorry, I signed an exclusive contract. You'll just have to hope I can get in the league somehow!

In other news..The WR Control feature is awesome. Not sure how much I'll use it online, but the ability to control the WR on offense is something I've always wanted. This game does feel next gen so far.. The tackles are finally doing what 2K did years ago. About time! I guess I won't post any more impressions here because it's kind of redundant posting them in the league thread.

Carry on!

dammittmatt said:
You were memorable because of how cheesy you were and how quick you are to insult others, as evidenced above and earlier in the thread. Not because of your 99-rated OSU team cheesing some scrub team that I was filling in for while I was trying to battle the crappy cross-country lag and keep the league moving. It's not stirring up shit as much as keeping you honest.

Also, for all your bitching about Welly's Strahan, he wasn't half the monster that Charles Grant was for me in the preseason. Grant, who is not a weapon player, had 7 sacks over two games, and I never controlled him. My other DE, Will Smith, who is a weapon, had another 3 sacks. I usually control the DT, so those sacks were entirely by the CPU. The Giants' DEs are even better, so maybe it's a problem with the game and not just Welly.

Don't call someone out as a cheeser just because you got your ass kicked. Especially since he apparently didn't pull the DE out and sprint around the tackle. If anything, he deserves credit for completely taking you out of your gameplan, and it's BS that you didn't give credit where credit was due.

:Sigh:

You want some contrition guy, here you go...

I'm sorry you feel insulted that I didnt know who you are. I'm sorry you feel like I cheese my way to victories all the time. I'm sorry I didnt care enough to follow how well your d-line did in the preseason. I'm sorry you feel like you know the circumstances of the game like you saw it yourself. And I'm sorry you feel the need to reference old brash comments I made when I first joined GAF leagues neglecting to give credit for my change in disposition. I'm sorry you feel so outraged over my game you feel the need to write long winded diatribes about how you feel about me.

Get the gist?!? Now run along and find someone else to bother..

Shawnwhann said:
:Sigh:

You want some contrition guy, here you go...

I'm sorry you feel insulted that I didnt know who you are. I'm sorry you feel like I cheese my way to victories all the time. I'm sorry I didnt care enough to follow how well your d-line did in the preseason. I'm sorry you feel like you know the circumstances of the game like you saw it yourself. And I'm sorry you feel the need to reference old brash comments I made when I first joined GAF leagues neglecting to give credit for my change in disposition. I'm sorry you feel so outraged over my game you feel the need to write long winded diatribes about how you feel about me.

Get the gist?!? Now run along and find someone else to bother..

Are you that honestly egotistical that you think this is about anything other than your needless bitching about a well-respected member of the league after a game in which you got your ass kicked? Oh wait, you do have a T.O. avatar.

For a consultant, you sure don't have any reading skills.

Andokuky

Banned
dammitmattt said:

You seem more butt hurt about the game than Shawn and you weren't even involved. Let it go.

Slo

Cloudy, I'm only going to be around for a little bit longer. Otherwise we'll have to do it either Thursday night or Friday night. Sorry.

Andokuky said:
You seem more butt hurt about the game than Shawn and you weren't even involved. Let it go.

This is going to be a long season if people bitch about the d-line play because it pretty much overpowers the offensive lines across the board.

Cloudy

Banned
Slo said:
Cloudy, I'm only going to be around for a little bit longer. Otherwise we'll have to do it either Thursday night or Friday night. Sorry.

Yankees gm is in the 8th now. We can play as soon as it ends..

dammittmatt said:
Are you that honestly egotistical that you think this is about anything other than your needless bitching about a well-respected member of the league after a game in which you got your ass kicked? Oh wait, you do have a T.O. avatar.

For a consultant, you sure don't have any reading skills.

Sure I'll be whatever you think I am dude. I dont know what you want from me. I apologized ad naseum in my last post with the hope you'd fuck off. But like a shit nugget that wont flush, you continue to rise keeping the stench in the air!

I think you have a man crush on me or something which explains your constant need to drudge up shit from the past to continue this conversation everyone wants to see end.

Let. it. go. Its. not. your. fault. :extends teddy bear:

Ramirez

DCX said:
...i hate to say this...but i do think if we played 6 minute quarters it will help the issue about play calling. I know Ram wasn't trying to milk the clock but he had a massive drive that took like almost a quarter. Like he said, hot routes and all that jazz.

DCX

Yea, at one point I was like holy shit it's already halftime? :lol I never understood why most of you said 5 minutes lasted TOO long, if you run a balanced offense and get a good drive going you can take up an entire quarter easily.

Gimme some credit Fifty! I don't bother Luke unless he talks to me first!

And Zep, you'll be wishin' it was 1 minute quarters after I get done with you!

It looks like the vote is decided:

5 Minutes! Anything more could mean a bigger chance of disconnect! 100%

6 Minutes! Come on, 5 just isn't enough! WTF, 4 mins aint gonna make or break the connection! 0%

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matt: Luke is in England this week showing Halo 3 off. He might need a day to adjust (jet lag etc..).

I told Luke I would have his back during this last blast before Halo 3 comes out. He was a bit worried that he shouldn't have committed to the league cause he doesn't want to tick everyone off. But I'm sure everyone can cut him some slack. I mean it's HALO.

I read most of the Wellie/Shawn debate and I want to put my two cents in. I honestly don't think either of them played any cheese. Most of you people haven't talked to Shawn outside of GAF and have no clue how competitive he is. It's pretty crazy. I'm sure he didn't like how Wellie was playing but if you look at his past history his post-game posts are usually pretty heated especially after a loss. Wellie is equally competitive with this game and puts in extra time to prepare himself. I think Wellie's game is just as much science as it is skill. I think we just saw a Clash of the Titans to start the year off that's all. Tension is good.

How about a truce and lets hope to see you meet in the playoffs?

Anyone know what's up with Maestro? Does he work outta town?

Fifty

Maestro just PMed me and said he's quitting the league and giving his spot to me.

Ok, fine, I made that up..but maybe...

Rorschach

Truelize said:
Matt: Luke is in England this week showing Halo 3 off. He might need a day to adjust (jet lag etc..).

I told Luke I would have his back during this last blast before Halo 3 comes out. He was a bit worried that he shouldn't have committed to the league cause he doesn't want to tick everyone off. But I'm sure everyone can cut him some slack. I mean it's HALO.
If he can't make it, better it be known now than when the team is 0 and 5. If he doesn't want to or can't play, there's a vet waiting in the wings. :D

PS: I MEAN IT'S MADDEN.

Madden > Halo

Matrix

I have a question about Maestro.

Didnt we have issues with him not playing games last season or he had to quit for some reason? My memory isnt as good as it used to me :(

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I have a question about Maestro.

Didnt we have issues with him not playing games last season or he had to quit for some reason? My memory isnt as good as it used to me :(
Yeah, he quit last season. Not that I think he's gonna quit this season, but he pretty much just lost interest last season.

maestro is on a short leash. i had a long talk with him about a month ago when he expressed interest in playing. i'm confident he won't make me look foolish in the eyes of others, but stranger things have happened. he's supposedly back today (i think?). if i don't hear from him by the weekend i will re-evaluate my decision!

p.s. lots of people lost interest in last years madden. the horrible online play was the main culprit of course.

Top Bottom