• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
True, I've been incredibly busy at work, and I'm really tired most afternoons. I make Doors. Can you let the guy's know to be appreciative of my daily war against Terrorists?

I mean, We're talking TERRORISTIC DOORS here, people.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
YOU SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH!
Search your heart. You know this to be true. You didn't buy an Xbox or 360 for Halo/Halo3. You did it for Madden!

<Speculawyer> And ESPN Football was a better FPS than Halo! <Cloudy> Here here!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea and im all for keeping 50 out :p His amazing user controlled CB skillz picked me off 3 times.

*cries*

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh crap i forgot about his manual control of CB's at all time. he would feast on the league in this game :(
So it's agreed. We ban fifty from all future leagues.

I've only had like 2 games with fifty and they were both really close. ....too close....

Fifty

Actually my manual controlling of CBs is less of a problem this year than before because the CB AI has been slightly improved. If they were complete shit then it'd be a bigger difference.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea,but adding your CB skillz on top of the already improved cpu ai made me cough the ball up 6 times! I havent done that since the first game I played :lol :(

Dear GAF Madden league,

If I ever see a ratio of 40 passes to 2 runs again, the player who has that ratio will be replaced by Fifty in the league immediately.

Sincerely,

FMT

Fifty

Big Zep said:
i'd give 50 the business, he ain't shit really.

You're about as intimidating as your avatar. That is to say, not at all.

FMT: Give whoever did that a pat on the back from me. I just hope they have a good team.

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Dear GAF Madden league,

If I ever see a ratio of 40 passes to 2 runs again, the player who has that ratio will be replaced by Fifty in the league immediately.

Sincerely,

FMT
Yeah, but didn't he complete like 16 of them? :lol

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
If I ever see a ratio of 40 passes to 2 runs again

who did that? :lol

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Dear GAF Madden league,

Sincerely,

FMT
:lol Wow just saw those stats...but if they wanna do that, won't it be easy to stop them if you know they're gonna pass every down. :p

btw...vumpler how come your passing yards don't match your receiving yards?

Carr, David (QB) 49.5 275 3 4 16 40 0.40 80 17.2
Totals: 17 297 3 128 2 80

16 throws, but 17 receptions. 297 yards receiving, but 275 passing...
Matrix said:
who did that? :lol
http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/schedule/date/gamestats.asp?lid=1307&did=93933&gid=1457915

Matrix

LMAO :lol Hell I never threw 40 times with Carr in a game.

Miguel

CAR358385.jpg

It musta been loooooove

BUT IT'S OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVER NOWWWWWWWWWWW

Matrix

This is a sim league,no excuse for rushing only 1 time and throwing 40 passes with Carr :\

heh also looking thru some of the other games,some people are not passing enough.

Matrix said:
This is a sim league,no excuse for rushing only 1 time and throwing 40 passes with Carr :\

heh also looking thru some of the other games,some people are not passing enough.

I assume you mean me, dm, and wellington. it ain't a 40:1 ratio though.

Ramirez said:
Um, no. I would say it's the other way around.

I'd have to agree. Especially with the way the secondary plays this year.

Slo

Sorry Cloudy, had to be up @ 5:30 this morning so I couldn't stick around. What's your schedule look like tonight and tommorrow night? After 8:00 PM Central would work for me either night.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:

I was trying to be polite and end the game as soon as possible.

Fifty

Just played a real good game with True --- Aside from the fumbles. I guess we've just got to live with them. Thankfully you can challenge the play (I've seen two of them overturned in two games, which is a bit much, but they got the call right eventually at least. I just hope they didn't up the amount of BS fumbles so that people would have stuff to challenge) Shame their army of testers missed this. At least there was no lag

Good TD pass True..Right before that snap I was saying to myself "why won't he ever throw to the guy I'm covering?" and I was taking it too easy that snap, and low and behold that's the one time you throw to him all game and it's a deep post TD.

SickBoy

APB for daw... it would be nice to get an idea of your availability... mine is limited -- working evenings through Friday (this is my usual schedule), will be available in the morning/early afternoon tomorrow, with the same availability on Saturday.

Roughly speaking, I think this is my sched:

Tonight: Can't guarantee anything -- workload is going to be unpredictable...
Friday: Available before 12:30 PT, available after 10 p.m. PT
Saturday: Available before 12:30 PT, may be flexible for later in the day.
Sunday: Ask. I may be able to squeeze a game in at your convenience (I may not)

daw840

SickBoy said:
APB for daw... it would be nice to get an idea of your availability... mine is limited -- working evenings through Friday (this is my usual schedule), will be available in the morning/early afternoon tomorrow, with the same availability on Saturday.

Roughly speaking, I think this is my sched:

Tonight: Can't guarantee anything -- workload is going to be unpredictable...
Friday: Available before 12:30 PT, available after 10 p.m. PT
Saturday: Available before 12:30 PT, may be flexible for later in the day.
Sunday: Ask. I may be able to squeeze a game in at your convenience (I may not)

I work everyday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time. I can play at any other time than that if you just let me know when the best time for you is. (except this friday the 31st, it's the girl and I's 5th year anniversary, while I would not care about playing a game this friday, she would cut off my balls.........not that I have them anyway after 5 yrs......)

SickBoy

Hey DCX, if you'd like to try to start figuring out a time for our Week 2 game, that'd be great. As noted above, most of my availability is after 10 p.m. PT (or before half-past-noon PT)

daw840 said:
I work everyday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time. I can play at any other time than that if you just let me know when the best time for you is. (except this friday the 31st, it's the girl and I's 5th year anniversary, while I would not care about playing a game this friday, she would cut off my balls.........not that I have them anyway after 5 yrs......)

If you want to try to get a game going tonight after 10 (I should be able to get home by 10, if not a little earlier), just say the word, and I'll fix things so I can do it.

daw840

SickBoy said:
If you want to try to get a game going tonight after 10 (I should be able to get home by 10, if not a little earlier), just say the word, and I'll fix things so I can do it.

If we could do it just a little before 10pm, like 9:30-9:45 that would be great.....I usually am a little inebriated by that point and about ready to go to bed by like 10:30, but I will slow down on the beer, so I am sober to play the game....lol

SickBoy

daw840 said:
If we could do it just a little before 10pm, like 9:30-9:45 that would be great.....I usually am a little inebriated by that point and about ready to go to bed by like 10:30, but I will slow down on the beer, so I am sober to play the game....lol

If you want to pencil it in, I'll do my best to get back by 9:45... shouldn't be a big issue... (bear with me if I'm a few minutes late, although I doubt I will be)

LiveWire

Wellington said:
I'm off from work until Tuesday, so if anyone wants to play I am interested.

I'll be around after 10PM tonight when I get home from my kickball league. I need to see how the hell you managed to get 37 on Shawnwhann when I held you to like 17 in our first game, and I suck at defense!

LiveWire said:
I'll be around after 10PM tonight when I get home from my kickball league. I need to see how the hell you managed to get 37 on Shawnwhann when I held you to like 17 in our first game, and I suck at defense!

Sounds like a lot of it was defensive points. Yep 5 Defensive TD's. Insane, I do not look forward to the stopping he will be giving me week 3.

Edit: Check that all 37 pts were defensive. Didn't notice there was a safety, shouldn't there be a safety category? Now thats some good d.

DCX

DCX
SickBoy said:
Hey DCX, if you'd like to try to start figuring out a time for our Week 2 game, that'd be great. As noted above, most of my availability is after 10 p.m. PT (or before half-past-noon PT)

Well i'm on the east so if we do after 1opm your time it would have to be either Friday night or Sat night. Or even before noon for you, those two days stand just add Sunday :p

DCX

Andokuky

Banned
I think it would be the 98 Broncos or the 99 Rams.

Denver because there was a great defense, a great QB who could run, 2 good WR's, a dominant TE and a dominant RB.

Rams because there was a very accurate QB, 2 good WR's and a speedy slot WR and a great all purpose RB.

Some of the teams listed had incredible running backs but all you have to do in this game to generate pressure and bust up runs is bunch your line and blitz your linebackers.

Rorschach

Fifty said:
I just hope they didn't up the amount of BS fumbles so that people would have stuff to challenge)
That's what my fear is because even in the ps2 version there are way more fumbles and they are overturned 2/3 times. Hopefully, it gets fixed.

Matrix

Bluemax take advantage of this,Bob's tv schedule tonight must be free!

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Bluemax take adavantage of this,Bob's tv schedule tonight must be free!

Hah, so you think!

When spies get fired, they don't get a letter from human resources. They get BURNED...

Burn Notice makes room for the U.S. Open for the next two weeks, but returns with an all-new episode on Thursday, September 13 at 10/9C.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooz. :/

Damn tennis!

Top Bottom