• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Zep

Banned
Ramirez said:
It's a little different when my opponent has no real WR threat to speak of...as I recall I beat you last time we played. :)

oh yea sugarcakes, I love the backtalk...

Entering the stats is usually more fun than the actual game. I refuse to get mad at such a fucking shitty excuse for a football series anymore.

since you hate the game so much i'm going to give the bills to someone who actually wants to play, which is chrisjames. i'll talk to you about it tomorrow chum!

LukeSmith

OK, I'm back. I leave again soon. I can knock out some games on Sunday for the league if my foes are ready to pound Peyton's butt.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LukeSmith said:
OK, I'm back. I leave again soon. I can knock out some games on Sunday for the league if my foes are ready to pound Peyton's butt.

If you want to give yourself a false sense of accomplishment, you can scrimmage me later.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Greg, when do you want to open my asshole up with Morency and then continue to run a train with Aaron Kampman, Donald Driver, Al Harris, Brett Favre, AJ Hawk and all those other insane weapons you have on your team? :(

Fifty

LukeSmith said:

I play you as the Titans this week. I'll look for you on AIM. We both really need to get the game in

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
since you hate the game so much i'm going to give the bills to someone who actually wants to play, which is chrisjames. i'll talk to you about it tomorrow chum!

I never said I wanted out of the league, Then I've spent $60 on this trash for absolutely no reason.

you clearly don't want to play and i don't want to make you play. all you do is play your games, get blown out, and then bitch about how it's the worst football game of all time. again if you hate the game why do you want to play?

AZ Greg

Wellington, I have some work I need to get done for a class today, I'm not quite sure how long it will take but probably until some time tonight. I'm thinking I might be done around 8-9pm MST. If you would rather play at a different time I should be free most of tomorrow.

Rorschach

In case you guys missed it You must enter TD stats for you QB. Even if it's 0. Also, rushing TDs. You must enter the zeros. And you must enter 0s for team stats too. :\

Andokuky

Banned
GG. I didn't notice any lag. :lol @ 2 guys with over 11 yards per carry and 10 tackles for a loss. Good times. Maybe next game when your guy is half a yard away my players will try to tackle them.

Fifty

Well that game was about the most depressing I've ever played. I'll break it down to get this out my system. It seems I'm starting the season like the real-life Titans did last year.

Pros: - I got a bit better as the game went on
- I was money on 4th down conversions (2/2) Sadly I was only good on fourth downs
- I kicked a long FG

Cons: -Just a tiny bit better

- I made the worst decisions I've ever made in a madden league game. I start the game by throwing all the way across the field, from the far right to the far left and I get INTed by a guy I didn't even see

- I fumbled the ball a ton. Once on a KR, which made me want to smash my 360, once on a completed catch in the flats, and once after Luke fumbled a kick return. my defender picked it up and then dropped it. what a tease!

- I haven't used the shitty-ass Titans enough to know how to use them. I would foolishly try to roll out and scramble with Young, as I predicted I might, on almost every play and I'd have nowhere to go. Stupid stupid. I made only 4 good plays with him all game.

and finally - The game automatically wasted 4 time outs for me because my players are made of glass and suffer paper cuts every 5 plays and sit out a series or so while they read US Weekly and watch Oprah like the bitches they are

Oh well,
If I'm going to lose any one game this season, it might as well be against the Colts!

Rorschach

About the injuries: I lost 2 runners in the game and the game didn't tell me that they were out for the whole game and neither did it sub in my 3rd rb or move my 2nd RB to the 1st position. I had to pause and do it manually. That's retarded.

Fifty

Ramirez, you made a mistake on your passing stats. Sadly this is not true, I wish it was. You listed Big Ben with 43 sacks. :lol You used to be able to find the 'times sacked' stat on the passing screen, but now you've got to go to team stats and find out how many sacks the other team had on D. That's how many times your QB was sacked and you'll put that number under your passing stats.

(I see the problem, you just put down his longest pass (43 yards) twice on game 2.)

I fixed it

Rorschach

Fifty said:
Ramirez, you made a mistake on your passing stats. Sadly this is not true, I wish it was. You listed Big Ben with 43 sacks. :lol You used to be able to find the 'times sacked' stat on the passing screen, but now you've got to go to team stats and find out how many sacks the other team had on D. That's how many times your QB was sacked and you'll put that number under your passing stats.

(I see the problem, you just put down his longest pass (43 yards) twice on game 2.)

I fixed it
What happened to your passing stats? VY didn't pass at all?

DMczaf

This Fifty Comeback is going to be like Ali/Holmes in 1980, Hakeem on the Raptors, Ewing on the Sonics and Magic, Emmitt Smith in Arizona, etc :(

Fifty

Oh yeah, because losing once, to the Colts, is proof that I'm washed up.

You guys said Luke wasn't that good, but he's far from stupid out there. Aside from getting sacked a few too many times he was pretty damn smart out there.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you clearly don't want to play and i don't want to make you play. all you do is play your games, get blown out, and then bitch about how it's the worst football game of all time. again if you hate the game why do you want to play?

I spent $60 on this for the league. I would like to finish my games. And someone is going to eventually lose to the Bills and suffer the shame and humiliation that will come with it. That is my motivation to play.

I spent $60 on this for the league. I would like to finish my games.

but do you understand my problem with that? this isn't a "oh geez i'll be letting 31 other people down if i drop", this is a dude all you do is bitch about the game and don't come to play. WHY do you want to play? is it because you spent $60 on the game? so you want to have "wasted" your money AND time? it doesn't make sense. i'm not going to boot you if you truly want to play, but do me a favor and at least try to play the game as it should be played and i'll just randomly post a CP-ism after every game so you don't have to bitch yourself

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
strangely you left out jordan with the wizards...
haha

[16:07] * Rorschach slaps DMczaf around a bit with a large trout
[16:07] <Rorschach> you missed Jordan
[16:07] <Rorschach> on the failed comebacks list

FrenchMovieTheme said:
but do you understand my problem with that? this isn't a "oh geez i'll be letting 31 other people down if i drop", this is a dude all you do is bitch about the game and don't come to play. WHY do you want to play? is it because you spent $60 on the game? so you want to have "wasted" your money AND time? it doesn't make sense. i'm not going to boot you if you truly want to play, but do me a favor and at least try to play the game as it should be played and i'll just randomly post a CP-ism after every game so you don't have to bitch yourself

The blitz was killing me last game. I was almost sacked instantly the whole game. So I start scrambling which gott me almost no time, but at least I had that one second to get the ball out of my hands for an int. I might have given up near the end of the 3rd quarter, but the game was out of hand by that point anyway. And then to top it off Ramirez tells me I scrambled too much :lol I guess I could have just stood there and taken the sacks to make it quicker for ya.

I didn't sit down with the goal of getting blown out. I would much rather be winning. Shitty game or not, winning is much more fun.

LukeSmith

Re-evaluate Player of the Week for Week 1.

Manning: 17/24 412 Yards 3TD 1 INT
Wayne: 4 rec 171 Yards 1TD
Harrison 5 rec 176 Yards 1 TD

Fifty

Cloudy said:
I'll be back home tomorrow night fellas. Just been away from home all week...

Damn. I like the old Konex that had no life better..but Ok, I should be around tomorrow. I'm busy most of the rest of the week though, so I hope we can get it in.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Re-evaluate Player of the Week for Week 1.

Manning: 17/24 412 Yards 3TD 1 INT
Wayne: 4 rec 171 Yards 1TD
Harrison 5 rec 176 Yards 1 TD

I wish we could have played our pre-season game!

Edit: Greg, are you around tomorrow early afternoon, like noon or 1 your time? I cannot play tonight at those times you listed. :(

LukeSmith

Wellington said:
I wish we could have played our pre-season game!

Edit: Greg, are you around tomorrow early afternoon, like noon or 1 your time? I cannot play tonight at those times you listed. :(

Yeah, me too. BROTHER vs. BROTHER

The blitz was killing me last game. I was almost sacked instantly the whole game. So I start scrambling which gott me almost no time, but at least I had that one second to get the ball out of my hands for an int. I might have given up near the end of the 3rd quarter, but the game was out of hand by that point anyway. And then to top it off Ramirez tells me I scrambled too much I guess I could have just stood there and taken the sacks to make it quicker for ya.

I didn't sit down with the goal of getting blown out. I would much rather be winning. Shitty game or not, winning is much more fun.

i know you are playing with one of the worst teams in the game (welcome to my world 3 years ago m'er f'er!) but all i can say is if it's that much of a chore for you to play the game then why play?

i'm not going to replace you but please reserve the bitching for contructive criticism. there are bullshit plays in every game, but if you lose 37-0 that's not on the game itself.

p.s. zep stop pussying out!

Top Bottom