• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

SickBoy

Yeah, I wouldn't ban the pinch. That's what outside running's for... although I'm old school and want to pound the gut.

Rorschach

I voted no on pinch, but I haven't played that much. I can see why spreading is bs, but pinching too? Short yardage situations are guaranteed as it is. ;b

It will sicken me to lose to the Hawks. Next league can't FMT make a rule that there are no Seahawks allowed?
Only teams that should be banned are the Broncos and Chargers. ;b

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Rorschach said:
I voted no on pinch, but I haven't played that much. I can see why spreading is bs

Can you? Well do explain. This year every time I spread the line I get pounded in every way. Its the fail button this year, but I'm sure if someone finds a way to incorporate it in their strategy they should have the option.

DCX

DCX
SickBoy said:
DCX: You up for getting in our Week 2 game tonight? (Pssst, don't tell the commish!) ;)

Seriously, though, what are the prospects that the remaining four games will get done tonight/tomorrow?

Also, I just looked at my schedule... I shouldn't have picked a team that plays the Seahawks. It will sicken me to lose to the Hawks. Next league can't FMT make a rule that there are no Seahawks allowed?
We can play tonight after 10pm est.

DCX

SickBoy

DCX said:
We can play tonight after 10pm est.

DCX

If we can play right around 10, that should work fairly well for me. Hopefully we don't have the same lag problems we did first time around in preseason(gonna be a long two in-division games if we do...)

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Let me say right now, the running game is great this year. All of the other years I always struggled running the ball but this year the running game make sense to me. I follow my blocks & then when get to the 2nd level of the D I try cutting back against the grain so the D over runs the play. I found the toss play with 1 pulling Guard works great on the outside. For a defense that is attacking, you don't want to mess around with a counters because they take too long to develop so go with your dives and draws or even a screen. I have played many games of Madden this year & pretty much found a counter to every play.

SickBoy

Gunstar77 said:
Let me say right now, the running game is great this year. All of the other years I always struggled running the ball but this year the running game make sense to me. I follow my blocks & then when get to the 2nd level of the D I try cutting back against the grain so the D over runs the play. I found the toss play with 1 pulling Guard works great on the outside. For a defense that is attacking, you don't want to mess around with a counters because they take too long to develop so go with your dives and draws or even a screen. I have played many games of Madden this year & pretty much found a counter to every play.

I find this year that on counters, your pulling blocker gets where he needs to be too slow... so that he's not really clearing a path, he's holding your hand.

I should ban the replay screen when I play offline. A handful of times every game, something happens that just infuriates me... it's usually a blocker doing something stupid... there's a tendency of O-linemen to let their guys go, even in pass blocking, to engage a second-level defender... this included, last night, a corner defending a drag route in man coverage.

Fifty

Every year some plays work better and some don't. In the past, counters worked almost too well while tosses were near impossible and screens difficult. If it has reversed itself for this year I wouldn't be surprised. The play balance is never perfect

Striker

Lonestar,

If you're around, I could possibly do our Week 2 game whenever you a free.

GT: Striker029
AIM: Toth029

again, for those who missed it on the previous page:

Red Alert!

im going to get bitched at later for this but a commish has to make tough decisions. haven't heard from maestro and i need to have people who are here and ready to play. sorry maestro, season 2 for you chum :(

new vikings owner: slo
new titans owner: fifty

direct all bitching towards me. carry on

Fifty

Holy shit it's Christmas time for Fifty.

Yes, I missed it. But I will never again miss a post of that importance. The Titans are rivals of my beloved Ravens, but I will embrace them like the British public embraced Princess Di. I may not have an all star team, but I have Michael Vick 2.0 (without the prison stay)

I'll sign in to the league now and I'll be able to play almost any time tomorrow. I'll be in contact with my opponents, probably via AIM.

daw840

Fifty said:
I may not have an all star team, but I have Michael Vick 2.0.

mexicojersey2.jpg

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
*********DON'T FORGET!**********

play with 6 minute quarters on.

i'll say again:

ALL GAMES TO BE PLAYED WITH 6 MINUTE QUARTERS!

Will do!

8 Dallas Cowboys 2 0-1-0

Now that it’s raining more than ever
Know that we still have each other
You can stand under my Umbrella
You can stand under my Umbrella
(Ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(ella ella eh eh eh)
Under my umbrella
(ella ella eh eh eh eh eh eh)

:lol :lol

DCX

DCX
OMG great game Sickboy!!! holy shit!! That was one of the best games i have ever been a part of!

DCX

dang, OT game? going to be tough to top that for game of the week.

you played 6 min quarters right? were you both able to put some drives together without having to worry too much about the clock?

SickBoy

It still seems a bit short (in terms of numbers), but I'd rather have that than epic games. We definitely managed some drives...

GG DCX... that was perhaps the dumbest pass I've ever thrown... and I knew it as I pressed the button. I knew it before I pressed the button. The deep route I wanted was well covered (but still would have been a better option... probably would have been incomplete at worst).

It was awesome playing without the lag we had last time...

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
dang, OT game? going to be tough to top that for game of the week.

you played 6 min quarters right? were you both able to put some drives together without having to worry too much about the clock?
Oh yeah i had a drive start at my 5 and marched down the field and felt good with running the ball and not selling myself short with the clock. Even when i got behind i still ran the ball and composed myself. The flow was perfect and he had a majestic drive to end the game that resulted in a TD. Game was great all and all.

DCX

SickBoy

Jamal Lewis: 110 yds after first hit :(

I'm also wondering if anyone has any tips for getting better pressure on the QB. I had three sacks this game, but I was blitzing a *lot* more than I like to.

EDIT: Can I trade for some better D-linemen? :)

sick i see you had some good rushing numbers. clearly you had MORE success (what a surprise you aren't playing the best D in the game!), but did you have any success running up the middle?

sickboy to create a bit more pressure, trying stunting your line to spread (RB + up on the right STICK). this creates a little more pressure but if the other team is running up the middle you are fucked. also, try some zone blitzing to force pressure and turnovers!

SickBoy

I prefer running up the middle -- that's how most of it came...

EDIT: Yeah, I frequently audible my line into spread when I expect a pass. Doesn't seem to help (contains the quarterback a bit better, obviously). I find D frustrating, but I guess I've got to come to terms with the fact that I'm playing with the Bengals :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SickBoy said:
I'm also wondering if anyone has any tips for getting better pressure on the QB. I had three sacks this game, but I was blitzing a *lot* more than I like to.

Yes. Take one of your DEs, at the snap hit the outside, and effectively run around the tackle. Almost a guaranteed sack with any 7 or more step drop.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Yes. Take one of your DEs, at the snap hit the outside, and effectively run around the tackle. Almost a guaranteed sack with any 7 or more step drop.
:lol :lol :lol This season is going to be fun!

DCX

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:

:lol:lol:lol Awesome.

Fifty

That's about as ugly as a game can get on paper. Bad as this sounds, I just hope CP didn't give up after getting down early. Ramirez is good, and his team is as well..but not that good! :lol

edit: P.S, CP, you entered in 9 sacks when you should have put down 3. I fixed it. not a problem.

Entering the stats is usually more fun than the actual game. I refuse to get mad at such a fucking shitty excuse for a football series anymore.

Edit: my bad about the sacks.

Ramirez

I just blitzed alot, my secondary is balls, I can't give people time to pick it apart. :p

A couple of them came off long 3rd down plays where CP called PA, too much rolling out and throwing on the run as well, if you ask me. You ran on me pretty easily early on and basically abandoned it.

The game really wasn't that ugly til the 2nd half, 17-0 I think in the first half...

Zep

Banned
Ramirez said:
I just blitzed alot, my secondary is balls, I can't give people time to pick it apart. :p

A little advice. When your time comes, dont use this strategy. I'll beat you even worse than I originally planned.

;)

Ramirez

Big Zep said:
A little advice. When your time comes, dont use this strategy. I'll beat you even worse than I originally planned.

;)

It's a little different when my opponent has no real WR threat to speak of...as I recall I beat you last time we played. :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lovely,I just realized that when the next roster update comes out I'll lose Keenan McCardell.Over the hill in real life,but there goes an 80 something rated player and my best WR after AJ.

This is not good :(

Top Bottom