• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

dammit i just wasted the game of my life on an exhibition! played jube (patriots) and lost 35-33 on a bogus non-review by the refs on my 2 pt conversion try! the reason i say it was the game of my life is that alex was 20/41 for like 450 yards. he was on fire!

the only down part is i threw 2 redzone int's returned for TD's. thats right, twice i freaking could've settled for fg's and potentially won! and the icing on the fuck you cake is that both times i had his guy tackled but my guys wouldn't go for him!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dammit i just wasted the game of my life on an exhibition! played jube (patriots) and lost 35-33 on a bogus non-review by the refs on my 2 pt conversion try! the reason i say it was the game of my life is that alex was 20/41 for like 450 yards. he was on fire!

the only down part is i threw 2 redzone int's returned for TD's. thats right, twice i freaking could've settled for fg's and potentially won! and the icing on the fuck you cake is that both times i had his guy tackled but my guys wouldn't go for him!
:lol Guess you didn't learn your lesson from that game we had last year where you could have won it 3 times with a FG, but decided to go for it on 4th.

stop ignoring me zep. get on AIM and face your beating like a man!

p.s. i threw one of those ints for TDs in the 1st half when i was down 21-13. i threw another one when i was down 28-20 in the 3rd quarter. one was on 1st down the other on 3rd. i wasn't being stubborn! i also had a fumble with alex smith inside the 5. 21 points down the drain!

Zep

Banned
Whoever I play next, i'll be on tomorrow as I gotta take my brother shoes/clothes shopping.

My AIM: Jackme007

Gamertag:BigstickdaddyZ

Just let me know your schedule.

Ramirez

Cerebral Palsy said:
The blitz was killing me last game. I was almost sacked instantly the whole game. So I start scrambling which gott me almost no time, but at least I had that one second to get the ball out of my hands for an int. I might have given up near the end of the 3rd quarter, but the game was out of hand by that point anyway. And then to top it off Ramirez tells me I scrambled too much :lol I guess I could have just stood there and taken the sacks to make it quicker for ya.

I didn't sit down with the goal of getting blown out. I would much rather be winning. Shitty game or not, winning is much more fun.

It did seem like you basically rolled out every play, I can't recall you ever keeping TE's or RBs in to block, the game is a blur at this point, so I'll just shutup.

Fifty

Damn Truelize.. GG. Despite the BS fumbles that drove me crazy (PR!!!), that was easily the most exciting finish I've been involved in. I'm glad I didn't come that close to winning in a league game. Get it out of my system. Plenty of mistakes but at least I had some flash with VY.

Jube3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
stop ignoring me zep. get on AIM and face your beating like a man!

p.s. i threw one of those ints for TDs in the 1st half when i was down 21-13. i threw another one when i was down 28-20 in the 3rd quarter. one was on 1st down the other on 3rd. i wasn't being stubborn! i also had a fumble with alex smith inside the 5. 21 points down the drain!

it wasnt 21 points down the drain, Rodney HGHarrison brought the pain to alex smiths face when you scrambled :lol /flex It was a good game, you came back really, really strong and I was struggling to stop your pass.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Fifty said:
Damn Truelize.. GG. Despite the BS fumbles that drove me crazy (PR!!!), that was easily the most exciting finish I've been involved in. I'm glad I didn't come that close to winning in a league game. Get it out of my system. Plenty of mistakes but at least I had some flash with VY.

Yeah that game was tense man. Stopping you on the 1 yard line for the win was HEAVY.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
I think I'm playing with the worst rated team (67 overall). Anyone have a team rated lower than 67?

Texans are either 67 or 65 :(

Figures the RROD brothers would have the lowest rated teams.

SickBoy

Speaking of RROD, I know it's probably bad mojo for the league to even ask, but do we have a contingency/rule for what happens if someone red-rings in the season? With 32 teams, the odds seem strong someone's will die... and it sounds like turnaround times aren't so great right now.

Mine's been pretty solid since I've had it, but my brother bought his in the same deal at the same store and it red-ringed this week... cause for a little bit of concern...

Fifty

It'll probably depend on what the turnaround time is. I'm just speaking from past experiences and for myself but assuming that each game week is 5 days, someone can probably make up 3-4 games if they're a really reliable person and they're unwilling to let someone play for them. The easiest option is for that person to find someone they would let play their games for them, but I'd understand the reluctance for anyone to put their fate in someone else's hands.

Odds are it'll be dealt with individually, if it arises depending on the situation and the player.

And yes, it is bad mojo. If anyone's system breaks, we're blaming you SickBoy!

Rorschach

Truelize: since you've gotten a lot better and I suck...and you have the better team, we should play. Maybe you'll win! :p We don't get to play in the reg season anyway.

Matrix said:
Texans are either 67 or 65 :(

Figures the RROD brothers would have the lowest rated teams.
:lol *high-five* If either of us makes it to the playoffs (big if for me), we should get a medal.

At least in 3 years I'll have an awesome team...maybe.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
Truelize: since you've gotten a lot better and I suck...and you have the better team, we should play. Maybe you'll win! :p We don't get to play in the reg season anyway.

A lot better? I'm not any better. The game just helps me out with turnovers now. I've always turned the ball over a lot so now that everyone else does too everything is in balance. Sucks that I had to sacrifice Vick to the Madden gods to create balance in the universe though. :p

I'll play you though for sure. Today I'm doing some cleaning up around the house and trying to finish up Bioshock, but I'm sure I can find time for a game. Do the Raiders even have any weapons at all?

And I might be rated 80 but that is with Vick. I wonder how low the team will go once he is gone. I'm guessing 71 or something around there.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
The Packer receivers are beasts. Burned for two long TDs off of plays in which I blitzed and the receivers broke tackles.

ck did you injure brett favre? he was only 1/2 passing. if you did then you are not only player of the week, but player of the year in my eyes. thank you for that magical gift

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah, my one and only sack I hit Favre dead on and he was out for most of the game. I guess he came back to throw the second long TD.

Fifty

Wellington said:
Yeah, my one and only sack I hit Favre dead on and he was out for most of the game. I guess he came back to throw the second long TD.

The heart within that man burns as bright as any our Earth has ever seen.

AZ Greg

Ugh, my offense needs work. Take those 2 big plays away and I didn't do anything on offense. Sucked that Poppinga fumbled that INT, I would have been in FG range. :(

Also, if anybody has some tips on stopping TEs, I'm all ears. Versus Gunstar I gave up 8 completions, 5 of which were to L.J. Smith. He had 97 of the 146 receiving yards for his team. Versus Wellie I gave up 9 completions, 4 of which were to Shockey. He had 72 of the 130 total receiving yards. I tried doubling both but they easily run away from both defenders whenever they run an out pattern and if I leave them in 1on1 coverage it doesn't matter how good the person covering them is because a jump ball is a near guaranteed catch! Ugh, I've got Gates next week. :(

I need to take care of some stuff right now but if anybody wants to scrimmage in an hour or so let me know.

GG Wellie.

you can stop TE's in a few ways:

1. zone
2. double team with the 2nd man in the double team being yourself
3. cover him 1 on 1 yourself, you're smarter than the AI!
4. get pressure on the qb

you can also spotlight the TE to move covg to him.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Too bad he couldn't see the BS EA int return for a TD, where DM warped through 3 defenders. We both played like balls.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
AZ Greg said:
Ugh, my offense needs work. Take those 2 big plays away and I didn't do anything on offense. Sucked that Poppinga fumbled that INT, I would have been in FG range. :(

Also, if anybody has some tips on stopping TEs, I'm all ears. Versus Gunstar I gave up 8 completions, 5 of which were to L.J. Smith. He had 97 of the 146 receiving yards for his team. Versus Wellie I gave up 9 completions, 4 of which were to Shockey. He had 72 of the 130 total receiving yards. I tried doubling both but they easily run away from both defenders whenever they run an out pattern and if I leave them in 1on1 coverage it doesn't matter how good the person covering them is because a jump ball is a near guaranteed catch! Ugh, I've got Gates next week. :(

I need to take care of some stuff right now but if anybody wants to scrimmage in an hour or so let me know.

GG Wellie.

It depends on who I play, but everyone knows Shockey is one of the top receivers on my team anyway, so if I were playing myself:

1) A lot of zones and spotlight Shockey
2) Try and get a safety on the TE for a faster cover man
3) Manually cover him.

That one play where you threw an int to Madison I knew you wanted to hit Franks so I bracketed him manually with Strahan while the safety played over the top.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow I just had one of those games that everyone has been bitching about. Not sure how I had avoided them until now.

My guys couldn't pick up the blitz at all. Slo had me for 7 tackles for loss in the first half alone. And I called running plays more than 50% of the time. And it wasn't only like 1 or 2 guys in the backfield it was 4 or 5. That doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm usually pretty good against the run. Even against weapon HBs. But got 136 yards rushing with Peterson. After throwing 3 picks early he never even attempted more than 2 passes the rest of the game. It's like my defense got worse every play. Which is kinda backwards. If the other team is running the same plays then it should be easy to contain them.
That was pretty frustrating though.

I'm not happy.

Slo

Hey Truelize, sorry you're not happy with my style of play. Once you knocked TJack out, I pretty much abandoned the pass all together. I ended the game 2/7 for 14 yards and 3 picks. It's pathetic, but I did try to go PA over the top of you a few times, and either got sacked or had to try to dump it off. :-\

As far as picking the same rushing plays goes, I'm was calling several different running plays from different formations, but I know what you mean.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
That wasn't anything against your style of play. That was just frustration with the game. I picked you off like 3 times in the first quarter. I wanted you to run the ball cause I'm usually pretty good against the run. Not today though. :(

Why does league daddy say I have 30 sacks? If you check my team stats it says 3.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
One of those "how the fuck did I win"

I played DM ball to perfection. Don't break Defense, run 9999 times, play good special teams. And try not to fuck up.

GG Striker.

Striker

Lonestar said:
One of those "how the fuck did I win"

I played DM ball to perfection. Don't break Defense, run 9999 times, play good special teams. And try not to fuck up.

GG Striker.
:lol

Kind of similar to last week. I gained more rushing yards, passing yards, first-downs, and succeeded decent 3rd down conversions, but you hung on for the win. Those punt returns you had really killed me. :(

I also loved Leinart's accuracy tossing a suppose-streak right into center-field to get easily picked off. You did a great job containing Fitz and Boldin though.

GG!

My next two games are going to be awful :(

Fifty

Konex said he'd be back tonight for sure, all night..and I said that'd be ok to play, but then I got invited to something and I'll be out tonight..Hopefully he's around on Wednesday. I know he's good for his games.

Top Bottom