• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Fifty

Thomas is a traitor to the Ravens...and the Patriots are the highest rated team in the history of video football this year. I would never give him a vote.

Andokuky

Banned
Truelize said:
Wow I just had one of those games that everyone has been bitching about. Not sure how I had avoided them until now.

My guys couldn't pick up the blitz at all. Slo had me for 7 tackles for loss in the first half alone. And I called running plays more than 50% of the time. And it wasn't only like 1 or 2 guys in the backfield it was 4 or 5. That doesn't make any sense at all.

I'm usually pretty good against the run. Even against weapon HBs. But got 136 yards rushing with Peterson. After throwing 3 picks early he never even attempted more than 2 passes the rest of the game. It's like my defense got worse every play. Which is kinda backwards. If the other team is running the same plays then it should be easy to contain them.
That was pretty frustrating though.

I'm not happy.

Sounds like my week 2 game. My rushes came in two flavors, nice 7-8 yard gains or ugly 2-3 yard losses. No in between. Opponent ran almost nothing but outside runs, didn't matter what defense I called my guys just didn't want to move to their spots and make a tackle. If Lynch wasn't letting one guy run right by him for an 80 yard TD then he was sitting in his spot with his player model warping in place because the AI couldn't decide wtf to do as the RB is turning the corner on yet another long run. First real "wtf" game I have seen in 08. Hopefully the last.

Rorschach

Slo said:
ColdBlooded, what day do you want to play our game?
Me first! >:| Cold said he would be away for the weekend, btw. He said he'd be back "early next week" which I guess means tuesday.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol i can't believe anyone has NOT voted for thomas
Must have been someone that realizes the wow factor in fat ass LaMont Jordan getting just as many TDs and almost as many yards with only about half of Willie Parker's carries against a much better team. ...and someone who can't believe Tony Romo has a 137 rat in real or digital life.

...or two homers. :(

I was gonna vote AT, but I voted LJ to pat myself on the back because that will never happen again. Two headed monster for dual OPoTW!

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Is anyone looking for a game???

IM me.......

AIM = daw840daw

what about you rorshach?
Wish I would have seen the post earlier, but now I gotta go pick someone up. If you or anyone else wants to play at around 9, I'm all game.

daw840

Big Zep said:
undefeated dreams...gone :(

good game fmt...i kinda wish gore didnt get hurt.

Gore getting hurt makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside....hopefully Ray Lewis will hurt him in week 5.:lol :lol

Zep

Banned
god....i can't believe I only ran 9 times. Good yardage a good number of times, just fell behind. I'm gonna make up for that against DM.

that was a good game, 24-14. here is what happened:

frank gore hurt on the 3rd play of the game... on a dirty hit! one of his guys held me up, then zep did hit stick on him low. he would not return :(

got a fg. stopped zep again. got into fg range and threw the stupidest pass of the season so far across my body to the other side of the field... returned for TD.

i came back with a 58 yard TD to vernon davis where i was literally .01 seconds away from getting sacked, i was just chucking it but no one was there. got the ball back again and convert another 3rd with davis but guess what! he gets injured too. out for the rest of the game. billy "i loves me some" bajema filled in OK, even though i only threw to him once he got some decent blocks.

the rest of the game belonged to alex! 20/24, 292 yards, 2 TD and that god damn INT. i didn't have much of a running game to speak of obviously, i just used it for a change of pace i guess.

my D played pretty well, even though i thought i could've had a couple picks here and there that i dropped. but i guess that makes up for zep's numerous drops by his guys. he must have dropped 5 or 6 passes.

anyways gg zep, we'll see what happens next time if you can get sjax involved

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sorry I wasnt around the last couple of days.

Ive looked into the thread the last couple of days and havent seen him posting,so I figured he wasnt around either.

I'm free to play tonight Vumpler,anytime past 10 pm eastern time.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
FrenchMovieTheme said:
vumpler/matrix: did you guys get in contact with each other about playing your game?
I just got back in town about 10 mins ago. Would love to get a game though. I didn't even know we moved on in the week :/ I voted in the poll and it was about 2 votes more about move the week on when I voted. Didn't realize I was so far behind.

Do you get on aim btw matrix or is PM the best way to get ahold of you?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sent you a PM Vump.

Is it week 3 yet?

LukeSmith said:
Re-evaluate Player of the Week for Week 1.

Manning: 17/24 412 Yards 3TD 1 INT
Wayne: 4 rec 171 Yards 1TD
Harrison 5 rec 176 Yards 1 TD

Seriously, FMT. The ass-raping that I suffered at Wayne and Harrison's hands needs to be acknowledged.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
dammitmattt said:
Is it week 3 yet?

Seriously, FMT. The ass-raping that I suffered at Wayne and Harrison's hands needs to be acknowledged.

Those stats are impressive considering he hasn't played much lately due to that other game that is coming out in a few weeks. I am curious to see what he does when he is rested and fully focused.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Game, what game? You guy's always bring that up! It's like you KNOW this guy!

Ok, Considering I am now 0-14 on 3rd down, I'm announcing a policy shift in my offensive performance.

Run-Run-QB Kneel-Punt

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DenogginizerOS said:
Those stats are impressive considering he hasn't played much lately due to that other game that is coming out in a few weeks. I am curious to see what he does when he is rested and fully focused.

He's plays a TON of franchise mode though. Don't be fooled. The "long rifle" champ is trying to make his mark. Don't let it happen again people. :)

Rorschach

4gp3ar9.gif

PS: Coldblooded: you back yet? :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:

:lol

But it's not fully to that level. The Colts are actually good in this years Madden (I've tried them out). So taking him lightly doesn't make much sense.

Where as you with your 67 rated team are not as much of a threat. :)

Lonestar

But will True pop up and go "Happens to the best of us?"

Face it, Book me down for 25 INT's this year! I'm at 4 already!

Matrix

Thanks Vumpler.

10 pm eastern it is,I'll be in East lobby 2 then,ready to lose.

LukeSmith

Also, I'm gone all next week to NYC for work. If possible I'd like to knock week 3 and 4 out of the way this week so I don't screw up the league.

Let me know if this works for my two opponents.

Andokuky

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Also, I'm gone all next week to NYC for work. If possible I'd like to knock week 3 and 4 out of the way this week so I don't screw up the league.

I can play now if you're around. If not maybe Thursday.

Matrix

LukeSmith said:

If you're up late tonight I could play you after I lose to Vumpler.

If not,I'm free to play Wed night 10 pm eastern on.Thurs I can play anytime from 4 pm eastern on.

LukeSmith

Matrix said:
If you're up late tonight I could play you after I lose to Vumpler.

If not,I'm free to play Wed night 10 pm eastern on.Thurs I can play anytime from 4 pm eastern on.

So just a quick note about my schedule. I will not be available most nights/days until 8-9 p.m. pacific. Matrix, tonight is definitely a possibility, I just don't want to keep you up super late, while you enact vengeance against me for the sins Vumpler committed against you.

Matrix

I have a crappy sleep schedule right now so I'll most likely be up and wide awake after my game with Vumpler....

typing in my awful stat numbers :(

I'll post in here after I'm done with the game/stats and if you're around and still want to play, I'll be good to go.

Andokuky

Banned
Does anyone else have way too much trouble calling a simple defensive audible? I hit the audible button then the corresponding button to the play I want to audible to and fucking nothing happens. Does changing some of your controls around mess things up? I can't call audibles or line my guys up in man.

Fifty

Matrix said:
I have a crappy sleep schedule right now so I'll most likely be up and wide awake after my game with Vumpler....

You always have a crappy sleep schedule! Such is the life of a meth head I suppose..

One of us commishes will have to be around to unlock the week for you to input stats. I'm out tonight but hopefully FMT is here.

Matrix

Fifty said:
You always have a crappy sleep schedule! Such is the life of a meth head I suppose...

Damn joo for telling everyone my deep dark secret!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Andokuky said:
Does anyone else have way too much trouble calling a simple defensive audible? I hit the audible button then the corresponding button to the play I want to audible to and fucking nothing happens. Does changing some of your controls around mess things up? I can't call audibles or line my guys up in man.

I can never line up my guys in man. It takes them forever. It seems there is about a 3 second delay before they even start to move to get into position. And at about that time I have decided that I must not have done the command properly and try it again only to see them start moving and then have my second command cancel out the first and they go back to where they were. :lol Idiots.

But really Ando; it happens to the best of us. :D

LiveWire

Hey FMT could you please activate Week 3 tonight? I ask because we're almost there now anyway and I will be unavailable for 3 of the next 5 days and Denog and I are both available to play our game tonight. Thanks! :D

Lonestar

Crap, realized that me and Ramirez play week after next. Last time we tried connecting, nothing happened.

Ramirez

Lonestar said:
Crap, realized that me and Ramirez play week after next. Last time we tried connecting, nothing happened.

Your internet was that afraid of me, believe.

I'm pretty sure if we go no routers it will work.

Top Bottom