• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

LukeSmith

Andokuky said:
So when can you play Indy? I think I remember reading you are out of town for awhile.

I will be back next Friday night! No player of the week for Peyton for week 4 and possibly five, so AFC capitalize while you can. ;)

Fifty

Funny rankings as always FMT. If I ever chip in with some this year, I'll have giant shoes to fill. Except for one thing..I wouldn't rank the Cleveland Browns(!!) ahead of me! No offense to DCX of course.

If we're using reality as a bit of a guide (that explains Dallas' high ranking) the Titans should get more respect! The Browns are the last ranked team on ESPN.com and they have the same madden record as me. Perhaps I can move ahead of them during my bye week as they lose to the Ravens. Oh how sweet that would be! The Ravens working for me by proxy.

I guess I've got to earn back the respect I lost when I gave up the Ravens! This season is going to turn me into a hardcore Titans fan. Time to burn my Ray Lewis jersey and buy an authentic Rod Bironas

yeah i look at the rankings sometimes and say well i should've put so and so ahead of this team. but i treat the rankings like a kyle boller naked boot: it's all in fun and everything will even itself out by years end!

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Funny rankings as always FMT. If I ever chip in with some this year, I'll have giant shoes to fill. Except for one thing..I wouldn't rank the Cleveland Browns(!!) ahead of me! No offense to DCX of course.

If we're using reality as a bit of a guide (that explains Dallas' high ranking) the Titans should get more respect! The Browns are the last ranked team on ESPN.com and they have the same madden record as me. Perhaps I can move ahead of them during my bye week as they lose to the Ravens. Oh how sweet that would be! The Ravens working for me by proxy.

I guess I've got to earn back the respect I lost when I gave up the Ravens! This season is going to turn me into a hardcore Titans fan. Time to burn my Ray Lewis jersey and buy an authentic Rod Bironas
....you will perrish...

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
True,when do you want to get your W?

haha im scoring 4.7 pts a game thru 3 :lol

Zep

Banned
Shawnwhann 8/23/07 said:
Mark week four fellas, Zep and I have a bet on our Week 4 game!!

If I win, Zep will get a "special" custom made Mandy Moore avatar to sport for a month

If Zep wins (lolz), he mentioned something about a Marc Bulger naked picture hanging over his bed for my avatar or something..... Yeah I started to ask "WTF is..." ...but Zep said "Dont ask"

So um, he lost. Now he wont sport the avatar I made him. Someone tell him what we think of that shit around here.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Why dont you post the avatar you want him to sport? I always thought only naked jgar pics were allowed.

Fifty

Big Zep, much as I hate to say this, I think you forgot a TD stat..

One passing/recieving TD (Randy McMichael), One Defensive TD, and one FG = 17 points. you put down 24. You forgot a rushing TD. You owe me one!

Yeah you won the game and the bet, but I aint going to do shit on your beckoning call. So fuck you very much for making a scene! Have a good weekend!!!11

Zep

Banned
He'll honor it...I'll give him a day before I force my hand.

Shawnwhann said:
Yeah you won the game and the bet, but I aint going to do shit on your beckoning call. So fuck you very much for making a scene! Have a good weekend!!!11

:lol

Rorschach

Wellington said:
It's going to be a slugfest all year. Still 12 games left though, so I wouldn't start talking about playoffs.
Well, I was just saying that I could easily see 3 teams making the playoffs...I wasn't saying they would. And if the "pros" can make their NFL superbowl picks before the season even starts, I can at least say that. :D

I was gonna mention that in my other post, though. People are already counting themselves out and it's barely week 3 or 4 for them. We have tons of games left!

bluemax

Banned
WTF I lost Jue? That dude was like a 78 overall now I'm stuck with 73 overall Hart, eff.

At least Jackson got upgraded, now I have two receivers over 80 besides LT and Gates.

Rorschach

bluemax said:
WTF I lost Jue? That dude was like a 78 overall now I'm stuck with 73 overall Hart, eff.

At least Jackson got upgraded, now I have two receivers over 80 besides LT and Gates.
Lucky! :( I can't believe my WRs are WORSE than SD's. Must be some kind of mistake.

Matrix

Fifty pissed DCX off and he took it out on Fiftys old team....

nice job Fifty :lol

poor ravens...

also matrix i played an exhibition with the texans vs. the bills (CP) and holy shit do the texans suck overall. one thing i will say though is andre johnson is absolutely ridiculous in this game. i would just loft shit up to him near the endzone and he'd always come down with it. ANYTIME i had time to throw and he had single covg in the 2nd half it was a big play. of course the "time to throw" part was the trick!

Striker

Hey daw, how your line hold up for you this week? Had to be an improvement over last weeks debacle.

Strange thing, regarding sacks, I didn't get one vs. Ramirez. :(

Matrix

:( They are so sooooo bad and it doesnt make any sense since they have better players on the team now.They also impoved last year so you would have thought the overall rating would have gone up,instead the team is worse..

EA f-ing hates Houston.

Glad you have luck catching stuff with AJ,I throw to him even with single coverage and I get picked off.Playing real life opponents is worse cause they do the smart thing and double him all the time.

daw840

Striker said:
Hey daw, how your line hold up for you this week? Had to be an improvement over last weeks debacle.

Strange thing, regarding sacks, I didn't get one vs. Ramirez. :(

The line actually held up, if McNair would have thrown to the Ravens instead of the Browns I would have won the game. Probably partially my fault, but Jesus Christ, 450 total yards and 10 pts????!!!!!?!?!?!?!!?

Rorschach

I played an exhibition game with the Texans before the roster update and they weren't that bad on offense. I guess it's because I'm used to having a shitty offensive team. It was fun having weapons on offense. :p Green was decent, AJ is a beast, and Shaub actually throws the ball where I want it.

I also played a game as the Texans in the ps2 version vs MiG's Raiders. :lol They're pretty good in that game and Shaub has better accuracy. The Raiders are also rated higher, though...

Matrix

I had worse weapons on O the previous years and I played better with them....explain that one Rors.

I play worse with a Texans team with more O weapons and play better with the shittier Texans? o_O

Texans lost 3 WR's in the lastest roster update too,Keenan McCardell was rated like 84 :(

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I had worse weapons on O the previous years and I played better with them....explain that one Rors.

I play worse with a Texans team with more O weapons and play better with the shitter Texans? o_O

Texans lost 3 WR's in the lastest roster update too.
I know people will hate when I say this, but it's probably due to this year's defensive line obliterating the offensive line. Secondly, you played 2 highly overrated teams and Malleymal (I don't know how to beat this guy :(). Third, you lost the deep ball when you inherited Shaub. You taught yourself how to play as Cousin David and now you have to learn a new style. In addition to that, there are few QBs this year that can actually throw the deep ball accurately. According to your stats, you HAVE tried to run the ball, but haven't had as much success as you did in years prior with shittier backs ('cept the KC game where you unleased the dragon in Shaub...). I attribute this to the 360 controller! Time to go back to the PS2! You know you love it! Or it could be that people aren't scared of your vertical game anymore. :(

I have had to learn that I can't go deep because I have no WRs who can handle that and my QB is a retard. In terms of YPC, I'm sandwiched in between JGAR and Brady Quinn...:lol And it would be even lower if not for a couple of throws where the receivers made him look good with their YAC. Of course, I've always been partial to the WC offense, anyway...and I have a good defensive scheme (as well as the personnel to execute it) to fall back on.

Sell your paper bags, it's all over. :(

Texans%20sacks.jpg

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
your boy boller showed up fifty! 5/6 passing!

send mcnair to the bench!

Maybe I will try that, At least Boller can run....McNair is slower than a midday shit after eating a pound of cheese....

Matrix

:lol

That summed it up well Rors and the picture is perfect :(

Zep

Banned
matrix, you're not using johnson right...I know I have Holy and hes a monster but if you ran my plays, i bet you'd get the same yards.

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
im not sure how you aren't getting 5-10 receptions a game with Andre johnson. he is a fucking man beast. what kind of routes are you running w/ him?

A lot of slants cause those are the only passes I can catch with him :\ Corner routes for me get picked off or swatted down.If I do go deep/straight post im picked off cause I overthrow the ball or throw it into double coverage *forcing shit*,thinking AJ will jump up and catch it.

Only way I have any success with him is quick slants or if I use a hot route.

JOO GIVE ME YOUR PLAYS ZEP

Jube3

yo sickboy, i dont have your info (its not on your leaguedaddy page) but my GT is ayo jube. Let me know when you wanna play.

Zep

Banned
Matrix said:
A lot of slants cause those are the only passes I can catch with him :\ Corner routes for me get picked off or swatted down.If I do go deep/straight post im picked off cause I overthrow the ball or throw it into double coverage *forcing shit*,thinking AJ will jump up and catch it.

Only way I have any success with him is quick slants or if I use a hot route.

JOO GIVE ME YOUR PLAYS ZEP

If you can get on AIM, i'll help you. If not then I'll PM you some stuff tomorrow. Though you'd need to learn a new playbook :(

Rorschach

That's kind of a cop out, Shawnhann....though it kinda adds to the feeling of accomplishment...:p

Ramirez said:
Anyone up for a game?
I could use all the beatings I can get! ...what's your handle again?

Top Bottom