• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

That's kind of a cop out, Shawnhann....though it kinda adds to the feeling of accomplishment...:p

Well considering the fact I was supposed to be sporting a Marc Bulger Avatar, I feel it's well within my right to make my own slight revision to the terms!!

SickBoy

Hey folks.. fell brutally ill today (I was supposed to work today, got home after an hour). Still trying to work out a match with Lonestar, but I really don't think I can focus on a TV the way I need to to play a video game for 45 minutes right now. I'm hoping I feel human again on Sunday, but right now the injury report for SickBoy says "Doubtful" If it's for the good of the league, I'm willing to let someone else fill in... I'm sure we can get the schedule figured out, but based on our issues this week, it looks like weekend might be the only time.

Likewise, I've got to play Jube3.... I'm hoping my evening-friendly schedule is a little more suitable for him...

Sorry guys...

Jube3

Shawnwhann said:
Well considering the fact I was supposed to be sporting a Marc Bulger Avatar, I feel it's well within my right to make my own slight revision to the terms!!

sore loser :D

Ramirez

Well, my lack of redzone offense is going to haunt me come playoff time I do believe...4 times for nothing against Rors. I was trying to work on my passing game, still made too many stupid decisions...that fucking FG I missed was stunning, I didn't move that damn arrow thing and it just all of a sudden goes over to the left when he kicks it...and that punt fumble return, ugh.

Rorschach

GG Ram

Holy crap, guys....uhm...I mentioned before that I was having graphics glitches and during my game with Ramirez, I had no colors with 1 min left in the first half...I spend the entire second half without color. Hadn't realized how much of this game depends on it...jersey colors, if you want to see how tired your players are, the circle around your selected player, etc. :( I hope it's not dying soon :(((((

[edit] :lol Fumble punt return...that was insane. Just my luck someone with speed picked it up. :D Washington ftw!

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
GG Ram

Holy crap, guys....uhm...I mentioned before that I was having graphics glitches and during my game with Ramirez, I had no colors with 1 min left in the first half...I spend the entire second half without color. Hadn't realized how much of this game depends on it...jersey colors, if you want to see how tired your players are, the circle around your selected player, etc. :( I hope it's not dying soon :(((((

That's just my voodoo I inflicted on your console for beating me, that's all, have fun buddy!

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
That's just my voodoo I inflicted on your console for beating me, that's all, have fun buddy!
:( Take it back! I hope I don't have to face you if I make it to the playoffs (doubt it).

I forgot that Roeth could run...somewhat. Didn't make that mistake twice ;)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
SickBoy said:
Hey folks.. fell brutally ill today (I was supposed to work today, got home after an hour). Still trying to work out a match with Lonestar, but I really don't think I can focus on a TV the way I need to to play a video game for 45 minutes right now. I'm hoping I feel human again on Sunday, but right now the injury report for SickBoy says "Doubtful" If it's for the good of the league, I'm willing to let someone else fill in... I'm sure we can get the schedule figured out, but based on our issues this week, it looks like weekend might be the only time.

Likewise, I've got to play Jube3.... I'm hoping my evening-friendly schedule is a little more suitable for him...

Sorry guys...

Not feeling well at all today either. Didn't wake up to go to that wedding, then throw in watching Football games, led to pretty much "out of commision" day. Tomorrow anytime?\

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Zep just pm me later today or something,thanks.

So I played a practice game against the cpu in Greenbay and on the scoreboard was an image for the movie "Mr.Woodcock" starring Billy Bob coming out sep.14th.Is this new ? :lol movie ads on the madden scoreboards,ive never noticed this before.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Zep just pm me later today or something,thanks.

So I played a practice game against the cpu in Greenbay and on the scoreboard was an image for the movie "Mr.Woodcock" starring Billy Bob coming out sep.14th.Is this new ? :lol movie ads on the madden scoreboards,ive never noticed this before.
WTF! If it was in there before, I hadn't noticed. They must have added it with the update. >:| ...though I didn't see it in the game against Ram.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea its got to be new,its kinda annoying seeing it every time.It doesnt even switch :(

SEE MR.WOODCOCK SEPT 14TH!!!!!!

It's burned into my retinas.

edit- playing again in greenbay and now its not on the scoreboard,wtf :lol Its just an EA logo now.

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
:( Take it back! I hope I don't have to face you if I make it to the playoffs (doubt it).

I forgot that Roeth could run...somewhat. Didn't make that mistake twice ;)

You beat me, why would you be afraid to play me?!

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
You beat me, why would you be afraid to play me?!
I get 1 win per opponent and I just wasted it! Plus, Willie hurt my pride...:(

Matrix said:
Yea its got to be new,its kinda annoying seeing it every time.It doesnt even switch :(

SEE MR.WOODCOCK SEPT 14TH!!!!!!

It's burned into my retinas.

edit- playing again in greenbay and now its not on the scoreboard,wtf :lol Its just an EA logo now.
You were just seeing what you wanted to see! I'm gonna call BillyBob.

Ramirez

Yea, in a league game I would have been running him alot more, he only had like 15 carries, I usually give him 20+. :p Was trying to work on my passing, and in short found out my redzone offense sucks.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix, tomorrow I am available for our battle.
I have been training with a ninja monkey for weeks now. My thumbs or limber, my controller battery is charged and I floss regularly.

If this game doesn't go well I think I might have to start using a different Joey at QB

joey-lawrence-sized.jpg

Whoa.

Fifty

Matrix said:
Fifty pissed DCX off and he took it out on Fiftys old team....

nice job Fifty :lol

SHIT!

Nevertheless, the blame must fall on the Ravens owner for losing to THE BROWNS. I don't care if a cross-fusion of FMT and Joe Montana is controlling the Browns, the Ravens should not lose to them. I motion we give FMT's friend the Titans and I'll reclaim my rightful position as the Ravens owner.

p.s: Next time, start Boller! Boller is the personification of football. He is so amazing at football it makes me weep. Even in public, when someone utters the name "Boller" I begin to openly tear from the eyes.

15/29, not so fine
5/6, I think he sticks!

good job DCX

Matrix

Rorschach said:
You were just seeing what you wanted to see! I'm gonna call BillyBob.

Woodcock pwns you Rors...
mr-woodcock-5.jpg

http://www.maddenmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170267

True,I'll be free tomorrow nite.

Football all day and some work at home to do till like 10 or 11 pm eastern.

edit - unless you meant tommorow as Monday night since its already Sunday :lol

Fifty

Ramirez said:
Be sure to tune into the Steelers/Browns game to witness the first of Pitt's march to the SB! :D

I'll tape that game just so I have something to watch if I ever need to put myself to sleep.

Rorschach

The Browns always bring it to Ravens and Steeler games IRL. Just like the Texans with Jags and Indy games. I have a feeling this upcoming game will be no different. You're just getting DCX fired up!

Matrix

Fifty said:
I'll tape that game just so I have something to watch if I ever need to put myself to sleep.

:lol

Too bad the game isnt on now.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
SHIT!

Nevertheless, the blame must fall on the Ravens owner for losing to THE BROWNS. I don't care if a cross-fusion of FMT and Joe Montana is controlling the Browns, the Ravens should not lose to them. I motion we give FMT's friend the Titans and I'll reclaim my rightful position as the Ravens owner.

p.s: Next time, start Boller! Boller is the personification of football. He is so amazing at football it makes me weep. Even in public, when someone utters the name "Boller" I begin to openly tear from the eyes.

15/29, not so fine
5/6, I think he sticks!

good job DCX
thanks...

DCX

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Alright Boys its 10am, I'm heading to Edward Jones to hopefully see the panthers rape the lambs! Lets see if the vanilla O statements make FMT look like a bitch! Lets hope! :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Tonight is fine with me Matrix. Let me know what time or send me a message on Live when you are near ready.

I don't understand how AIM can not work on a certain computer. Makes no sense.

daw840

Rorschach said:
GG Ram

Next time this happens, check the cable running from the Xbox to the TV. Mine had some odd color issues, but if you wiggled the cable where it attaches to the Xbox until is was in just the right spot it would correct itself. Buying a new HD cable solved the problem.......but, unfortunately, that xbox RRODed about 4-5 months later.

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Next time this happens, check the cable running from the Xbox to the TV. Mine had some odd color issues, but if you wiggled the cable where it attaches to the Xbox until is was in just the right spot it would correct itself. Buying a new HD cable solved the problem.......but, unfortunately, that xbox RRODed about 4-5 months later.
Nah, it wasn't the cable. And last time the glitches were obviously related to the hardware. Last time this happened, I ended up with an xbox that couldn't display images at all. Hope it doesn't, but I might have to face facts.

Fifty

Go Titans!

Man, the NFL thread is so hard to keep up with, it moves so fast. Forget posting in it if you've been gone all afternoon! So surprised to see Chris Brown dominate against the Jags. 19 carries for 175 yards!! I guess I've gotta play sim now and give him his touches

bluemax

Banned
bluemax said:
WTF I lost Jue? That dude was like a 78 overall now I'm stuck with 73 overall Hart, eff.

At least Jackson got upgraded, now I have two receivers over 80 besides LT and Gates.

Heh, Hart ended up getting 2 fumble recoveries on special teams and Weddle who is a 75 overall was the second leading tackler.

I just realized my longest run with LT so far is 20 yards! I'm due to break a bunch of big runs on someone...

Matrix

Truelize said:
Tonight is fine with me Matrix. Let me know what time or send me a message on Live when you are near ready.

I don't understand how AIM can not work on a certain computer. Makes no sense.

It's something with my router I think,it works but boots me off and on.It's odd and I havent figured the issue out,but its damn annoying.

I sent you a pm thru xbox live about when I can play.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:
It's something with my router I think,it works but boots me off and on.It's odd and I havent figured the issue out,but its damn annoying.

I sent you a pm thru xbox live about when I can play.

I replied to your pm through Xbox live.

Matrix

Truelize said:
I replied to your pm through Xbox live.

Yea I saw,sent you two pms on live.Ill be ready at 10 in east lobby 2,forget about the first pm I sent you.

edit- btw you are home

Matrix

doh thats right :lol

Kept getting other challenges from random people while waiting in the lobby.

Matrix

GG True,AJ finally came alive and a couple of practice games the last few days helped me a little.

Nice KR TD...ugh.

Oh and one more thing......

kryptonite.jpg

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Yeah blow me. :p

I haven't had an offensive TD in 3 games now. I'm horrible at this game. You completed 10 of 13 passes. I threw 3 INT, 3 completions and 2 passes were caught out of bounds. That's every single attempt I had. I have no confidence at all right now. Which is a horrible feeling.

I am the special teams king though. :) I've got one thing going for me.

Matrix

:lol

I'm horrible too,but against you I have this great sense of calm come over me,like I know that know matter how I play the curse will guide me to victory.

Top Bottom