• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ram,send me a challenge im online.

You coming,want your win or not? lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I understand how one could be scared of the Texans,another time it is.

It's ok to fear Schaub :)

Matrix

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Holy crap I'm playing a game in dynasty mode (figured I need the practice - but it's not going any better than my online games). But anyways. I just had a defensive player go THROUGH the ball carrier three times in the same play. Yes that's right three freakin times.
I threw a pass to the left. Pass was caught and of course fumbled. Defensive player jumps on the ground to get the ball. My center runs through him and turns. Ball carrier stands up, Mario runs for a couple of steps, does a spin move, my centre once again runs through him during the spin move. He completes the spin move, my centre turns around again and runs right through him. He is finally tackle by one of my players that also ran through my center.

Freakin hilarious. It's like he just became a ghost or something.

Edit: K I had to take pics of this. Check this out.
1. Running towards ball, going through dude
3jv2952.jpg

2. Running though ball carrier as he is standing up after recovering fumble
5h33034.jpg

3. Turning around to pursue ball carrier. Going through two other dudes
qOv3097.jpg

4. Caught up to ball carrier. Second pass through his body
b9x3188.jpg

5. Third pass through ball carrier.
c3y3234.jpg

These were all separate passes through players. How does this still happen in Madden? It's been going on for 5 years now. Ridiculous.

Rorschach

Wellington said:
FMT: Unlock all my games before the next roster update, plz.
:lol At least Eli is ok...

After today's game, I am vindicated and EA is fucking stupid for downgrading Curry and Jordan. YTMND!

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Truelize said:
lolololer post

Holy shit you backed it up with pics :lol :lol :lol Thats amazing. Maybe its only in franchise *shrugs* I haven't seen anything that crazy since... well, last year.

Rorschach

Truelize said:
Holy crap I'm playing a game in dynasty mode (figured I need the practice - but it's not going any better than my online games). But anyways. I just had a defensive player go THROUGH the ball carrier three times in the same play. Yes that's right three freakin times.
I threw a pass to the left. Pass was caught and of course fumbled. Defensive player jumps on the ground to get the ball. My center runs through him and turns. Ball carrier stands up, Mario runs for a couple of steps, does a spin move, my centre once again runs through him during the spin move. He completes the spin move, my centre turns around again and runs right through him. He is finally tackle by one of my players that also ran through my center.

Freakin hilarious. It's like he just became a ghost or something.

These were all separate passes through players. How does this still happen in Madden? It's been going on for 5 years now. Ridiculous.
You think that's bad? I've had defensive linemen go right through my OL only to become solid again just in time to get jacked up. When the game wants you to lose, it will make you lose at all costs.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
You think that's bad? I've had defensive linemen go right through my OL only to become solid again just in time to get jacked up. When the game wants you to lose, it will make you lose at all costs.

I don't know if it could be worse than that man :lol. He ran through 5 different players. I've seen this crap effect the game in worse ways but I've never seen a play last this long where one player just keeps passing through guys.

It could explain a lot of the Dline busting through the Oline so easily.

And from playing a game offline I realize I am still getting quite a bit of button lag online with Madden :( Offline is noticeably smoother.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Whoa!!!!!

After all that craziness with the recovered fumble. I finally go back to resume my game and Minnesota comes out and punts the ball from my 25 yard line. It was their first down. :lol. They just came out and kicked it.

Wow that's some special glitching right there.

Fifty

As Slo can attest to, that might just be a realistic touch added by EA to simulate the stupidity of Minnesota's coaching staff!

(p.s: If I had to vote, I'd vote injuries off as well. There are an unrealistic amount of them and because of that teams end up automatically burning timeouts because of BS 1 series injuries)

Andokuky

Banned
Injuries seem to be like the BS fumbles, hit or miss. I haven't seen many BS injuries. The only player I usually have injured is Henry and that's because I probably ran him too much.

Zep

Banned
Andokuky said:
Injuries seem to be like the BS fumbles, hit or miss. I haven't seen many BS injuries. The only player I usually have injured is Henry and that's because I probably ran him too much.

my roommate uses denver when playing online in madden and we've kept track of how many times henry gets hurt(after the first week we noticed something wasnt right). We've played 75 games? And travis has ended up hurt in 48 of them at one point in the game, in random spots.

Matrix

Im glad that wasnt a league game lonestar,that ending was pure bs.

I press Y for fair catch and it doesnt register and my guys fumbles.

Next you kick to me again and my guy fumbles....

dont even get my started on the pass inter call which I thought was bs and my dropped tipped pass into your hands for the int.

:lol :lol

This game can be absurd sometimes.

SickBoy

Yeah, IMO injuries are way overdone this game... my last league game was maybe the second time I've played where there hasn't been an injury to an important player.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hey, I feel the same way. Remember your points were all given to you by, I guess...ME!?! The punt was almost identical. I scored 7, you scored 7. Multiple sacks were when I'm sitting there tap tap tappin away to pass the ball...

Oh, and the insane fucking safety AI. I swear, you can't throw a deep route, it will get picked because every safety is superman.

Matrix

You didnt have back to back fumbles at the end of a close game...

I WIN :p

yea the saftey ai is horseshit.

Matrix

Rorschach said:
I've had a shitload of injuries, but I say keep 'em anyway. :p

Cause you pray the other better teams star players will get hurt to even the playing field...

I wish for it too,but it never happens.It's always scrubs :(

I say turn injuries off,f-ing annoying like the fumbles.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Cause you pray the other better teams star players will get hurt to even the playing field...

I wish for it too,but it never happens.It's always scrubs :(
:lol Yeah, it always happens to me and not them. It's guaranteed that at least one of my backs will be injured no matter what.

I think it's because I like the frustration of randomness. In order to adapt to madden, you have to feed off it.

stop your whining about injuries! i lost frank on the 2nd play of my game against zep and couldn't use him for the entire game... and i still won!

tell them zep! tell them!

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
stop your whining about injuries! i lost frank on the 2nd play of my game against zep and couldn't use him for the entire game... and i still won!

tell them zep! tell them!

Play with the Texans and win without AJ! try it

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
rors: but all those players combined aren't as good as frank the tank :D
Stats disagree:

Total Rushing Yards

2 Oakland Raiders 421

Rushing Yards Frank Gore 144

:D :D :D :D

Frank Gore POTW appearances: 0
Raiders: 2

!! ;b

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix: i had enough trouble beating the buffalo bills with a completely healthy team :D

I demand a roster update from EA with an improved Texans team!

This is bs :(

DMczaf

Bad news everyone, EA has decided to stop doing roster updates for Madden 08 and begin to focus 100% on Madden 09!

I guess we have to deal with these pre-week 1 rosters for the rest of the season :(

Matrix

Nice joke post Dm!

are you fing serious?

Matrix

All,

I just got the RRoD for the 3rd time and will be out of commission for about two weeks. I apologize to my next opponents vumper, Lonestar, and Truelize, but I will try to see if I can get in one or two of the games in on a friend's system.

Sorry :(

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
dammitmattt said:
All,

I just got the RRoD for the 3rd time and will be out of commission for about two weeks. I apologize to my next opponents vumper, Lonestar, and Truelize, but I will try to see if I can get in one or two of the games in on a friend's system.

Sorry :(

Wow. That is pretty lame. Best of luck getting turned over fast and repaired. Hopefully you will get the new parts and fixes.

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
Stats disagree:

Total Rushing Yards

2 Oakland Raiders 421

Rushing Yards Frank Gore 144

:D :D :D :D

Frank Gore POTW appearances: 0
Raiders: 2

!! ;b

Looks like week 6 will be a repeat of week 4 for me. Whichever team makes the fewest EA assisted mistakes wins!

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Looks like week 6 will be a repeat of week 4 for me. Whichever team makes the fewest EA assisted mistakes wins!
...but EA hates my team more... :(

I remember when Sickboy was in chargers of that team. Every game with him would be a heart wrenching back and forth shootout and the victor would be whoever got the ball last. :\

Top Bottom