• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Rorschach

Yeah, think it might be me, but at least we lasted longer :\
McCown future!

It's really weird because I stay on Live AND the EA servers...

Hopefully, it's straightened out by friday. I'm gonna tinker a bit.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yep 8 mins without a disconnect.

Rors do you see how one min I cant miss a pass,im completeing eveything and then as soon as I try any type of corner route im picked off :lol :(

And unless your name is AJ my guys always drop passes that would be huge....I wanted to bitch slap Walter.

I also am getting sick of Green fumbling in my own redzone once a game.I know he does it a lot in real life(fumbles),atleast he used to,but it happens every game I play with him in madden *even holding the RB button*

Fifty

It makes all the difference in the world (unless, perhaps, you're just really amazing at passing) IMO to have a go-to reciever in this game. In previous years I at least had Heap over the middle, but with the super-smart secondary in this version you're (I'm) in trouble going deep, even on one, if the reciever isn't a star. Choosing which direction to press the left stick is critical as well of course, probably the biggest failure on my part, but man I wish David Givens was T.O

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Yep 8 mins without a disconnect.

Rors do you see how one min I cant miss a pass,im completeing eveything and then as soon as I try any type of corner route im picked off :lol :(
...shouldn't be telling you this, but that's because I kept shaving Johnson to get a pick even though I knew I'd eventually get burned. :X I figured it would be ok since Carr > Shaub. ;) But I did get burned deep a few times....

And unless your name is AJ my guys always drop passes that would be huge....I wanted to bitch slap Walter.
That pass managed to sneak by 3 defenders right in his hands and you even heard the "THUMP!" of the catch...yet it was incomplete. :lol

I also am getting sick of Green fumbling in my own redzone once a game.I know he does it a lot in real life(fumbles),atleast he used to,but it happens every game I play with him in madden *even holding the RB button*
User strip! :p I know what you mean...I fumble a lot and it's ALWAYS in the endzone...always. Not just my RBs, but my QB and WR too...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Hey just letting everyone know I'm staying away from GAF until Halo 3 is out. I'm not gonna risk seeing spoilers.

Hit me on AIM or Live if we play. Have a good week guys. :)

Rorschach

Truelize said:
Hey just letting everyone know I'm staying away from GAF until Halo 3 is out. I'm not gonna risk seeing spoilers.

Hit me on AIM or Live if we play. Have a good week guys. :)
You better block me from aim, then!

Oakland Raiders 9 3-2-0 The kick is up... IT’S GOOD!!!!!!!! RAIDERS WIN!!! RAIDERS WIN! wait a minute, it appears as though Shannahan has called a time..

hate you, fmt :''''(

Fifty

I don't feel that bad about my ranking spot. Then I realize that those were done before I got blown out by the Texans. Then I cry.

1. L Johnson (KC) 620
2. C Williams (TB) 605
3. B Jacobs (nyg) 564
4. L Tomlinson (SD) 523
5. V Young (Ten) 452

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P4rZSO6M7iw

Rorschach

Looks like I'll play 10 man QB spy next week. I'll leave 1 guy back. Not for the receivers (since you don't have any), but just in case he breaks 10 tackles...

Fifty

8lm7h471.jpg

Why do you think Collins is on the Raiders? For this game. Better start changing all of your signals. While you're at it, change your playbook. Collins works for me now.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I should be able to play at 10 pm eastern time tonight.

SickBoy

DenogginizerOS said:
SickBoy,

When do you want to play? I am usually free from 9PM EST until about 1030EST.

I severely doubt I'll be available tonight, but I'll post if that changes. If I am, I might be able to fit into your schedule. Beyond tonight, I'm working normal hours...

My crappy work schedule means I can't usually play until about 1 a.m. ET... tomorrow after work, I'm probably going to be busy, with family in town. Thursday there's an outside chance I'll be available an hour earlier, and on Saturday I should be pretty free during the day.

I'm also potentially available during the day for a game if your schedule permits.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
SickBoy said:
I severely doubt I'll be available tonight, but I'll post if that changes. If I am, I might be able to fit into your schedule. Beyond tonight, I'm working normal hours...

My crappy work schedule means I can't usually play until about 1 a.m. ET... tomorrow after work, I'm probably going to be busy, with family in town. Thursday there's an outside chance I'll be available an hour earlier, and on Saturday I should be pretty free during the day.

I'm also potentially available during the day for a game if your schedule permits.

What about weekends?

ok Jube...when are you going to be available to finally be able to play our game? I'll let you hit me up via AIM since I can't seem to IM you at the right time...

DCX

DCX
Lime, you'll be playing ChrisJames as MS is fucking dumb. 99 bucks becuase of my E74 issue. 3-4 AFTER they get my console. So not only do i miss out on the first season of Madden ( both leagues ) i miss playing for a championship in MLB 2k7, Halo 3 ( which is pre-paid ) and NBA 2k8 LOL life is good.

DCX

LiveWire

DCX said:
Lime, you'll be playing ChrisJames as MS is fucking dumb. 99 bucks becuase of my E74 issue. 3-4 AFTER they get my console. So not only do i miss out on the first season of Madden ( both leagues ) i miss playing for a championship in MLB 2k7, Halo 3 ( which is pre-paid ) and NBA 2k8 LOL life is good.

DCX

OK, I'm home right now and free to play any of my week 5, 6 or 7 games. AIM is Atreides815, gamertag is DJ Demon J.

LukeSmith

DCX said:

DCX

This really pisses me off. Not your post, mind you, DCX, just how you are being treated in this situation.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
This really pisses me off. Not your post, mind you, DCX, just how you are being treated in this situation.
Tell me about...one dead sytem is different from another...go figure...

DCX

LiveWire and I were just playing our game, but the connection crapped out on us right before halftime. It was a good game too (3-3). We're going to replay it tonight.

I feel your pain DCX, that's so shitty. Honestly I don't think I'd be able to hold out if I were you. I'd probably buy a core and then sell it later or something :lol I hope they get it fixed fast for you... Good luck bro.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
LiveWire and I were just playing our game, but the connection crapped out on us right before halftime. It was a good game too (3-3). We're going to replay it tonight.

I feel your pain DCX, that's so shitty. Honestly I don't think I'd be able to hold out if I were you. I'd probably buy a core and then sell it later or something :lol I hope they get it fixed fast for you... Good luck bro.
Well, i might be having a fix in place. So i might only need you for a game, maybe two. A temp fix until i can A) fix my system, or B) get a new one.

DCX

AZ Greg

Sable, just got back from class and saw your IM. I'm free for the rest of the day so let me know when you want to play!

Ramirez

I can't believe they're making you pay, they didn't even make me pay for my first one that fucked up, and it wasn't RROD related, nor were there widespread problems of failure at the time.

daw840

Big Zep......I will be over at FMT's place tomorrow at about 5:30 pm pst or so.....If you want to play tomorrow let me know......I have to work the next day so I don't want to spend all night waiting at his house.....anyways, let me know if you will be able to do this game, sometime between 5:30 and 6:15 or so will work for me

Zep

Banned
daw840 said:
Big Zep......I will be over at FMT's place tomorrow at about 5:30 pm pst or so.....If you want to play tomorrow let me know......I have to work the next day so I don't want to spend all night waiting at his house.....anyways, let me know if you will be able to do this game, sometime between 5:30 and 6:15 or so will work for me

fine.

Matrix

I'm free to play now DJ,also sent you a message on live.

Matrix

Wellington said:
Just played a scrimm with Bluemax, the Chargers are pretty sick.

Great I play him week 8,loss for me! :(

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
Just played a scrimm with Bluemax, the Chargers are pretty sick.

And you shut down my passing, I had no time and when I did have time I got picked. Those first two throws looked good out of my hand but the safety just killed me. The third throw was a mistake all the way.

I felt like I was in it if I could've just completed some passes.

That Shockey TD was upsetting, I swear for most people that's an incompletion or a sack before hand.

I'm glad I don't play you for real, your defense felt even tougher than the Bears.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
bluemax said:
And you shut down my passing, I had no time and when I did have time I got picked. Those first two throws looked good out of my hand but the safety just killed me. The third throw was a mistake all the way.

I felt like I was in it if I could've just completed some passes.

That Shockey TD was upsetting, I swear for most people that's an incompletion or a sack before hand.
Thanks. I bracketed Gates on obvious passing downs, kept getting lucky with your drops.

On that Shockey play I kept my FB and RB in to block (I find that to be more effective against a 3-4 than a 4-3) and it was a touch pass.

Your running game is unbelievable though. I can't believe you started the game with three passes.

I'm glad I don't play you for real, your defense felt even tougher than the Bears.

That's because Bob sucks.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
Thanks. I bracketed Gates on obvious passing downs, kept getting lucky with your drops.

On that Shockey play I kept my FB and RB in to block (I find that to be more effective against a 3-4 than a 4-3) and it was a touch pass.

Your running game is unbelievable though. I can't believe you started the game with three passes.

That's because Bob sucks.

Well it was a practice game, I need more work on passing in online. My place among the rushing leaders should be a testament to my desire to run first.

Matrix

GG DJ,lag was kinda a bitch and I think it was the reason we were both passing well,it was hard to play pass D.

Havent had lag like that before.

edit- sorry Ck I had to play my week 5 league game.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Man I had lag today too against Blue. Maybe something is up with the servers?

Matrix I am interested in playing you. Maybe sometime this week would be good?

Ramirez

I just played the biggest fucking joke of a game ever produced in Madden 08, not only was the game against me the entire time until the last 3 minutes, but it decided to revert back to fucking me in the ass by not challenging the spot of a 2 point conversion where Parker got fucking tackled as he fell into the endzone. :lol

Not to mention Parker getting hurt on 3 different occasions, as well as Holmes getting hurt, burning all of my timeouts in the first half and giving me no chance at a shot at the end of the 2nd quarter. Oh and Holmes deciding he didn't even want to try on a reception and just let the defender take it, even though the pass crossed right in front of his face. Good times!

SickBoy

DenogginizerOS said:
What about weekends?

"on Saturday I should be pretty free during the day." :)

If the early afternoon (ET) works for you, that would be great for me. But let me know when you're available if that's no good, and I should be able to work the game in without too much difficulty. But the earlier the better (the closer to 1 p.m. ET the better, I guess is what I mean)

Top Bottom