• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

bluemax

Banned
Malleymal said:
Since i cant run up the score because i suck, i want to just say that if i did have the option to run out the clock i would... I stay on the attack as long as my opponent is calling timeouts.. once they run out then its time to run the clock out...

One thing that makes me want to rip someones face off is the taunt going into the end zone.. i would love to sit next to one of you when that happens so i can punch you in the face.... other than that the season is awesome...

Ditto, I think it was in our game where I had the ball at the five with about a minute to go and I just kneeled because you were out of time outs. I ran it a few plays before that to make sure you weren't trying to stop the clock and then I just took the knee. As much as my stats would've benefited from another TD the game was in hand and there was no need.

Still in the past I've played a few people who I kinda felt like they were trying to run it up a bit. The post game justification is always the same "this game is broken you never know what could happen blah blah blah". Maybe this is true, but I think its fairly obvious when the other guy has nothing going against you. I'm not saying don't run your normal offense, but taking cheap shots and cheesing when you're already up big seem kinda wrong.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Here is my take, not that anyone cares, but here it is anyway:

When I am losing, I just want the game to end. You should not be passing and running out of bounds. Run up the score all you want if you keep breaking runs of 10-15+ yards, then I deserve it, as long as the clock keeps moving. Don't stop the clock, that shit is annoying.

striker will you be around tonight for our game?

Wellington said:

When I am losing, I just want the game to end. You should not be passing and running out of bounds. Run up the score all you want if you keep breaking runs of 10-15+ yards, then I deserve it, as long as the clock keeps moving. Don't stop the clock, that shit is annoying.

agreed

Fifty

Wellington said:

12 hours later and not so drunk, I basically agree with this.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
DenogginizerOS said:
:lol :lol

Wow! Has someone in this league done that to you during a league game??

its not the taunt going to the goal line like the comp does to people, but the Flip in the endzone... what the fuck joy do you get out of flipping into the endzone...this aint gymnaastics bitch.... this is football pussy... i hope the player breaks his damn pointer finger or thumb clicking that button. Especially after some bullshit ass phantom interception like you did something.....

Slo

Malleymal said:
its not the taunt going to the goal line like the comp does to people, but the Flip in the endzone... what the fuck joy do you get out of flipping into the endzone...this aint gymnaastics bitch.... this is football pussy... i hope the player breaks his damn pointer finger or thumb clicking that button. Especially after some bullshit ass phantom interception like you did something.....

Totally disagree. If I had my way Madden would be packed with a mo-cap suit so I could show you jickey-jacks how I earned my GamerTag. Unf! Unf! Uhhhhhhhhh....nf!

LiveWire

Hey on a separate Madden note, has anyone been playing Superstar mode? I swear the game makes the stupidest play calls. And the fumbling/INT bug is of course still there.

So I created myself as a rookie RB and got drafted by the Niners. I act like the team player in interviews, get some great preseason stats (250 yds rushing, 100 receiving and 2TDs) and get the start over Frank Gore, but still share carries. No worries. Then, in position to get the go-ahead TD against Arizona, it's 3rd and inches on their 2 with 1:57 left. They call a pitch. FUCK THAT. A pitch NEVER works in Madden. All I want is a Dive or Smash or Slam, easy TD. So I call a timeout. Next play selected. Hail Mary. WTF?!?!? Another timeout. PA QB Rollout TE Flat. WHAT. THE. FUCK. So I use my last timeout and finally I get a HB Smash.

Ball is snapped to Smith, clean handoff, hit the hole and hit the LB hard (while holding RB mind you) and what happens? OF COURSE A FUMBLE! Which is then picked up and returned for a TD. AND, since it's in the final 2 minutes, I can't challenge, and you know the fucking booth ain't challenging that shit! Fuck!

So I get a little pissed and I tell my agent to complain to the coaches about the playcalling and get me a press conference to talk about how we're going to beat the Rams next week. Next Sunday rolls around and Smith starts his great day by deciding to run for a 3rd down and not slide, getting drilled and producing a TD for the Rams. Next drive I'm All-Star, picking up a 30yd-run and a 29 yd-pass as we drive down the field. Score a TD at the end of the drive. Back and forth, but Rams are up by a TD in the late 4th. We're around 2:30 left with 2nd and long on our own 38. I get WIDE OPEN in Smith's vision cone (AND I'm the primary receiver on the play) and he throws into triple coverage and of course gets pick-6 to none other than Adam fucking Archuleta.

We lose and I ask my agent to set up another press conference to complain about my coaches. He emails me and said that's a stupid idea and the coach tellls me to act responsibly and be a team player. So I fire my agent, hire a new one and demand a trade. I get dropped and end up in Cincinatti, where I rang up a buck thirty-six and two TDs on the Seahawks in week 3.

*sigh* Fucking Niners.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Fifty said:
Reading about superstar mode is more fun than playing it. :lol
qft.

I'm wondering everyones opinion about just playing ranked online games? I think I'm up to level 16 or 18 now. What I like to do is hit create session, pick only play people within 3-5 levels, and also pick only play people with less than 10% quit percentage. I would say out of the 70 people I've played I've only seen about 5 true cheesers.

This might sound lame, but I think I've found out a way to almost persuade people to play legit online and not go for it on 4th. It somewhat puts me at a disadvantage but it seems to work. If the other person wins the toss they always pick kick, and for good reason. So then if I win the toss I pick receive. Basically it guarantees I start with the ball. Then I drive to about mid field and run 3 crap run plays up the middle that get destroyed and then punt. After I punt early and its like 4th and 2 the other person seems to say to themselves "ok this person isn't an 11 year old who goes for it on 4th everytime" and plays legit.

They get the advantage and only a few times its bit me in the ass, but it seems to make for good games.

Last year there were tons of game breaking glitches and this year they seem to have kept it pretty much under control. I just wish I could figure out a way to hit Steve on a 60 yard pass like the panthers do once or twice a game :/

bluemax

Banned
I tried playing some random dude online last night and after I stopped him from rolling out and running with McNair on third and long he decided to try and quit. He didn't even send me a message.

DCX

DCX
vumpler said:
qft.

I'm wondering everyones opinion about just playing ranked online games? I think I'm up to level 16 or 18 now. What I like to do is hit create session, pick only play people within 3-5 levels, and also pick only play people with less than 10% quit percentage. I would say out of the 70 people I've played I've only seen about 5 true cheesers.

This might sound lame, but I think I've found out a way to almost persuade people to play legit online and not go for it on 4th. It somewhat puts me at a disadvantage but it seems to work. If the other person wins the toss they always pick kick, and for good reason. So then if I win the toss I pick receive. Basically it guarantees I start with the ball. Then I drive to about mid field and run 3 crap run plays up the middle that get destroyed and then punt. After I punt early and its like 4th and 2 the other person seems to say to themselves "ok this person isn't an 11 year old who goes for it on 4th everytime" and plays legit.

They get the advantage and only a few times its bit me in the ass, but it seems to make for good games.

Last year there were tons of game breaking glitches and this year they seem to have kept it pretty much under control. I just wish I could figure out a way to hit Steve on a 60 yard pass like the panthers do once or twice a game :/
Can't play ranked games due to changing the minutes to 6.

DCX

Fifty

bluemax said:
I tried playing some random dude online last night and after I stopped him from rolling out and running with McNair on third and long he decided to try and quit. He didn't even send me a message.

Sorry about that

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
bluemax said:
Thats why you set it to only allow it to match you with players with less than 10% quit percentage. Generally the ones under 10% were only drops from last years game. I still had all my quits from last year factored in so I'm at like 6% quit just because of the drops from last year.

And the change from 5 minutes to 6 minutes is not very big at all. Hardly enough for it to deter you from actually getting in practice and getting better by just seeing what other people like to do on offense. Please...

Ramirez

Was Ando's edited post about me?

For what it's worth, I never said any of my problems with that game were because of something you were doing, but whatever.

Well, I've been told it was about me! For shame.

Slo

QUESTION: Would the Vikings be even worse without TJack and AP?
ANSWER: 28-7

Good game Bob, my offense was a joke. Fucking Madden.

Andokuky

Banned
Ramirez said:
Was Ando's edited post about me?

For what it's worth, I never said any of my problems with that game were because of something you were doing, but whatever.

Well, I've been told it was about me! For shame.

I never said you said that. I clicked quote and replied before you edited it.

Rorschach

Fumbles are back! :(

Anyone know what the update was about?

Played 3 games in a row even with my router on and they were ok. Hope everything is back to normal. Two of those were with NYC peeps, too.

SickBoy

sableholic said:
I haven't said anything about all the complaining about ints and fumbles, mainly cause I didn't want to jinx myself, but since I threw my first two ints last game I guess there is no harm. Its really not that bad, sure there is a bs one once in a while but generally speaking the ints come from bad passes. I know that both of mine came from that. In real life trying to force passes when u shouldnt will get you picked off too.

As someone who knows interceptions (throwing a solid two per game), I would say about 1/2 are foolish or bad passes. I've lost one game by throwing a pass I knew shouldn't have been thrown (and thrown up an INT after my button press to a wide-open guy didn't register the first time, and then registered the second time as a defender was moving into position to cut off the throw). I'd say of the rest, it's roughly half and half between good defense and "OMG this is insane" defense.

My bigger issue is that there are some throws I know not to make, even if it's a situation where had I been on the field with real people I'd throw the ball. But hey, it's a videogame. I gave the game a 3/5 on my crappy blog, but I think EA could be just inches away from an absolute football epiphany. Smarter blockers, some sort of vision-based AI and a few tweaks here and there -- and then rebalancing the whole thing to make sure those changes don't break the game -- would make a huge improvement.

Fifty

We should let Ramirez play all of his games in the next 6 days. I just realized that's when Halo 3 is coming out..and there's no way we'll be able to get him on Madden :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
rors.... how is your connection?? can we go tonight and finish the half off? I'm home tonight around 5 or 6 from my business trip so lets try for something soon since I leave town on saturday.....

Rorschach

My connection is fine...played 5 games since then and none have disconnected (3 of which were NYC people). 1 game disconnected the same night and that was against Matrix. Dunno what it is with us. :\

I am available tonight. I'd rather start over if you don't mind...get all the stats and whatnot. I don't remember jack nothing about those games. If not, that's fine too, I guess.

Btw- what happens if two people just can't connect? If it was someone else, it would be easier, but it's a division opponent. :( This has been a problem with certain people not being able to connect at all in Madden since 05. Hopefully, everything goes fine, though.

Ramirez

Fifty said:
We should let Ramirez play all of his games in the next 6 days. I just realized that's when Halo 3 is coming out..and there's no way we'll be able to get him on Madden :lol

Bah, I'll play them as soon as the week opens, now whether I will give a damn anymore after Halo, that's another question entirely!

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Rorschach said:
My connection is fine...played 5 games since then and none have disconnected (3 of which were NYC people). 1 game disconnected the same night and that was against Matrix. Dunno what it is with us. :\

I am available tonight. I'd rather start over if you don't mind...get all the stats and whatnot. I don't remember jack nothing about those games. If not, that's fine too, I guess.

Btw- what happens if two people just can't connect? If it was someone else, it would be easier, but it's a division opponent. :( This has been a problem with certain people not being able to connect at all in Madden since 05. Hopefully, everything goes fine, though.

Cool... i am home early, so let me know if you want to go ... we can start over, i dont care

Rorschach

GG Malley

Horrible for me, though. Yikes. 7 drops and 2 passes that bounced off my guys into the hands of a receiver. <3 Then, there was Porter running towards me like he was trying to sack me...wtf.... My guys didn't want to make tackles..blah blah blah heard it all before...game has it in for me, etc. :|

I think I've done a 180 on liking this game. :lol Next season, I take the Pats!

Good news is we stayed connected, though. It seemed like it was gonna disconnect at the end, but it didn't. Scared me.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
:lol

Yea man gg, you started out with the drive that seemed like FOREVER, i thought it was going to be a LOOOOOOONG day... We seemed to just run at will, and yea that interception that bounced of his hands, I was like :-O wtf.. alot of injuries on your side as well... I tried to run the ball with the full back to get tackled and he just drops in on the 5 for you.... dumbass..

and those dumb penalties suck... expecially the clipping ones that u have no control over... happened to me against the bengals on a play that scored.. thats when i knew I was gonna lose regardless..

gg though..

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
:lol

Yea man gg, you started out with the drive that seemed like FOREVER, i thought it was going to be a LOOOOOOONG day... We seemed to just run at will, and yea that interception that bounced of his hands, I was like :-O wtf.. alot of injuries on your side as well... I tried to run the ball with the full back to get tackled and he just drops in on the 5 for you.... dumbass..

and those dumb penalties suck... expecially the clipping ones that u have no control over... happened to me against the bengals on a play that scored.. thats when i knew I was gonna lose regardless..

gg though..
:lol yeah, those penalties..."Wow awesome completion! Better override that!" And yeah, the injuries were the reason for those pauses. Sorry about that, but the game doesn't automatically sub in replacements, so I had to put someone in manually for the spell positiobns. Part of the tackling problem was that my LBs were taken out (4 weeks haha) after bouncing off Johnson. :p

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
GG Malley

Horrible for me, though. Yikes. 7 drops and 2 passes that bounced off my guys into the hands of a receiver. <3 Then, there was Porter running towards me like he was trying to sack me...wtf.... My guys didn't want to make tackles..blah blah blah heard it all before...game has it in for me, etc. :|

I think I've done a 180 on liking this game. :lol Next season, I take the Pats!

Good news is we stayed connected, though. It seemed like it was gonna disconnect at the end, but it didn't. Scared me.
I got dibbs

DCX

Zep

Banned
ChrisJames...We might have to hold off on our game. I told DCX I'd loan him a 360 until his gets fixed. I hope to ship it tomorrow and we'll go from there.

Fifty

Big Zep said:
ChrisJames...We might have to hold off on our game. I told DCX I'd loan him a 360 until his gets fixed. I hope to ship it tomorrow and we'll go from there.

Wow that's extremely nice of you

Top Bottom