• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea I'll be around this week to play a practice game CK.

Tonight,I'm too tired to get beat by you.

daw840

Just talked to Microsoft.....my 360 should be on my doorstep in the next 12 business days......3rd system since launch, over $1000 invested in games and accessories, I am going to miss the fucking Halo 3 launch, and I have to wait fucking almost 3 full weeks to get it replaced?!?! FUCK YOU MICROSOFT

george-bush-tells-america-fuck-you.jpg

Whew tough game Jube. Thank god I was able to mount a power running game to keep your loaded offense off the field.

Finally back at .500 but I got a long way to go to get back into the playoff race. The fact my division opponents each have only one loss in the loss column in ridiculous!!!

LiveWire

Hey FMT, anyway you can redo AFC Offensive Player of the Week 6? Ted Ginn Jr. 5 catches 159 yards 2TDs :lol

and I still lost thanks to Madden Fumbleball '08! :(

GG Livewire. This game is a real bitch when it comes to turnovers (extremely excessive fumbles and INT's returned for TD) and the home team almost always has less turnovers by a wide margin. Kinda cheap. I barely passed the 100 yard mark on offense (had 109) and I was still able to score 24 points. Hang in there LiveWire. You deserved to win that game...

Hope you're happy DCX, I'll do my best to keep you in the playoff race!

Rorschach

DCX said:
Tell me about...one dead sytem is different from another...go figure...

DCX
Dude, if anyone knows your pain in dealing with Microsoft, it's yours truly. :( Hell, my latest "fix" is already breaking down... Sorry to hear about you having to deal with that crap. Hopefully, they can't fix it and end up giving you a new hdmi one. :D

Wellington said:
Thanks Matrix.

Hey, Luke and Rors... you guys still owe me preseason games. I expect to get those in!
I want to get my yearly game with you in too. Howabout tomorrow evening around 7 PDT?

DMczaf

LukeSmith said:
I'm around, shoot me an IM (it should be on LeagueDaddy, I prefer to not post it publicly)

<HaloFan117> HI R U LUKE!?!??!?!

Looks like I play Konex next week, I should start practicing against his defense.

*plays a couple of games against the Jaguars CPU*

LukeSmith

Lonestar said:
Thanks for going Deep on a PA with a 16 point lead, and 3:06 left in the game, Zep. Really.

That's called going for the throat.

Just play Nickel Strong Cover 2, Blitz the fast CB over the DE and then press the Hump Button!

Zep

Banned
Listen Lone...I know what happened in Ramirez's game earlier(scoring 20pts in almost 4mins) and I wasn't about to take the chance. If you're telling me 16points is a safe lead with this game I have no words.

I would never run up the score...lets not act like your offense wasn't moving that game. I had to get some big ass stops(Before halftime ring a bell?). Come on now.

LukeSmith

Big Zep said:
Listen Lone...I know what happened in Ramirez's game earlier(scoring 20pts in almost 4mins) and I wasn't about to take the chance. If you're telling me 16points is a safe lead with this game I have no words.

I would never run up the score...lets not act like your offense wasn't moving that game. I had to get some big ass stops(Before halftime ring a bell?). Come on now.

You gotta slam the door shut in Madden 08, the turnovers and fumble-itis guarantee no lead is safe.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
There's no way my offense is good enough to score 20 points in 4 minutes. It's the epitome of SLOW. And I couldn't stop you on offense, even besides the bombs. 6 of 7 on 3rd downs, man. You were doing ok until you decide to bomb it to the endzone with 3 minutes left on the game. You can't just assume the game will decide to break, so better score as much as you can!

Otherwise, take out the "no running up the score" rule.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
When I typed them in, they weren't there. Have you already backed out of the screen??? I can remember a few of them (after venting about it, kinda memorized some of it)

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
GG Livewire. This game is a real bitch when it comes to turnovers (extremely excessive fumbles and INT's returned for TD) and the home team almost always has less turnovers by a wide margin. Kinda cheap. I barely passed the 100 yard mark on offense (had 109) and I was still able to score 24 points. Hang in there LiveWire. You deserved to win that game...

Hope you're happy DCX, I'll do my best to keep you in the playoff race!
Thanks man, keep hope alive. I hope to have a temp console in place sooner than later. Braylon and Winslow are beasts! You could have tried to use them more. Jamal is good, very good. I'm glad you forced some turnovers, i have a rough time doing that. All in all, a good win. I see you used Frye as opposed to Quinn. Hey, a win is a win.

DCX

Fifty

Lonestar said:
Otherwise, take out the "no running up the score" rule.

Personally I'd do that. There's too much debate about running up the score. What's the worst that can happen? someone gets embarrassed for getting scored on too much? I've lost a lot of games this season by a wide margin. If people can score on me, that's my problem, not theirs.

Then again, it's 5:39 am.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
SickBoy said:
"on Saturday I should be pretty free during the day." :)

If the early afternoon (ET) works for you, that would be great for me. But let me know when you're available if that's no good, and I should be able to work the game in without too much difficulty. But the earlier the better (the closer to 1 p.m. ET the better, I guess is what I mean)

I will be at the Wake Forest/Maryland game on Saturday from about 1230 til about 730 (tailgating). We can play in the morning or in the evening after 9. Sunday is open as well.

DCX

DCX
Here's the problem with running up the score. If you have nothing going for you on offense, nothing i mean close to sub 100 yards etc down by 21 due to the other guy not getting red zone TDs for instance, 1-2 minutes left...you almost are ready to mail it in. You are expecting someone to mail it in. Run off the clock, get a couple of first downs, let the other burn TOs and enter the stats...but no, you have PA, you have over the top passing plays etc. Now you down 28-30 points and for what? What have you really done other than make it feel like a random match on Live?

Sim league, use NFL like tactics. Yes i know the fumbles and ints, but what's that any different than any and every play in the NFL? You can fumble three times in a row, does it happen? No, but it COULD happen. To avoid " bullshit " we resort to running up the score to make sure? Man...what has a GAF league turned into?

DCX

DenogginizerOS

DCX said:
Here's the problem with running up the score. If you have nothing going for you on offense, nothing i mean close to sub 100 yards etc down by 21 due to the other guy not getting red zone TDs for instance, 1-2 minutes left...you almost are ready to mail it in. You are expecting someone to mail it in. Run off the clock, get a couple of first downs, let the other burn TOs and enter the stats...but no, you have PA, you have over the top passing plays etc. Now you down 28-30 points and for what? What have you really done other than make it feel like a random match on Live?

Sim league, use NFL like tactics. Yes i know the fumbles and ints, but what's that any different than any and every play in the NFL? You can fumble three times in a row, does it happen? No, but it COULD happen. To avoid " bullshit " we resort to running up the score to make sure? Man...what has a GAF league turned into?

DCX

The running up of a score is only annoying if you have someone taunting you or they come in here and brag about the game and whatnot. I don't think anybody in here is purposefully trying to piss someone off by running up the score. If I am getting beaten ( and I have lost four games so I know how it feels) and one of you started dancing on the goal line before scoring when the game was almost over, then I would call that running up the score and I would be pissed.

Remember: Every play is a learning experience. You either get better on defense, or you learn new plays that may work on the next guy you play. Don't take this shit so personally. You decide if it bothers you, not the other player.

Andokuky

Banned
Ramirez said:
I just played the biggest fucking joke of a game ever produced in Madden 08, not only was the game against me the entire time until the last 3 minutes, but it decided to revert back to fucking me in the ass by not challenging the spot of a 2 point conversion where Parker got fucking tackled as he fell into the endzone. :lol

Not to mention Parker getting hurt on 3 different occasions, as well as Holmes getting hurt, burning all of my timeouts in the first half and giving me no chance at a shot at the end of the 2nd quarter. Oh and Holmes deciding he didn't even want to try on a reception and just let the defender take it, even though the pass crossed right in front of his face. Good times!

I'm sure if you'd have come back and tied it and later won it wouldn't have been a joke. I built a 31-7 lead because you forced the ball too much and I got some picks and forced punts in the first half. In the second half all those passes over the middle into double coverage were being caught and my guys started dropping what should have been easy interceptions. Bly x 1, Lynch x 1, Bailey x 2, all square in the chest between the numbers, dropped. You did have like 4 injuries in the first half but so did I and they didn't burn away time outs for either of us. When I got the ball back late in the half you had at least 2 time outs left because you called them and forced a punt with over a minute left, you just let way too much of it tick away, especially on one play where you let like 20 seconds tick off before you even snapped the ball. I had 4 injuries, 3 to Henry and one to Walker (out for the game in the 1st quarter, good times) and at the end of the half I still had 2 time outs left, my only one gone was the one for the failed challenge.

You played a great 4th quarter and almost came back but you lost the game for yourself in the first quarter with all those bad passes and bad pass defense. Neither of us were hit with bullshit fumbles or ninja AI interceptions. If the game was "against you" the entire time but the last 3 minutes then it was obviously against me the last 3 minutes and you still had an easy 2 point conversion to get to tie it and j00 failed.

I haven't said anything about all the complaining about ints and fumbles, mainly cause I didn't want to jinx myself, but since I threw my first two ints last game I guess there is no harm. Its really not that bad, sure there is a bs one once in a while but generally speaking the ints come from bad passes. I know that both of mine came from that. In real life trying to force passes when u shouldnt will get you picked off too.

And the fumbling, I think I'm pretty high up on rushing fumbles with 4 and all of those have been my fault for the most part (rushing portis too much). However, I do challenge every fumble because like you all have pointed out it seems like theres some called just for you to challenge.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Since i cant run up the score because i suck, i want to just say that if i did have the option to run out the clock i would... I stay on the attack as long as my opponent is calling timeouts.. once they run out then its time to run the clock out...

One thing that makes me want to rip someones face off is the taunt going into the end zone.. i would love to sit next to one of you when that happens so i can punch you in the face.... other than that the season is awesome...

DenogginizerOS

Malleymal said:
Since i cant run up the score because i suck, i want to just say that if i did have the option to run out the clock i would... I stay on the attack as long as my opponent is calling timeouts.. once they run out then its time to run the clock out...

One thing that makes me want to rip someones face off is the taunt going into the end zone.. i would love to sit next to one of you when that happens so i can punch you in the face.... other than that the season is awesome...

:lol :lol

Wow! Has someone in this league done that to you during a league game??

LukeSmith

Malleymal said:

The CPU always taunts me when they score :(

DenogginizerOS said:
:lol :lol

Wow! Has someone in this league done that to you during a league game??

I have hit x when trying to jump in the endzone and had them do the little endzone jump taunt. I assume we all mean the high step thing though.

Ramirez

Ugh, let it be!

Final thought on the subject Ando, the game was bullshit either way, had I won or not, and you know I converted that 2 point conversion, he was tackled into the endzone! :lol

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
sableholic said:
I have hit x when trying to jump in the endzone and had them do the little endzone jump taunt. I assume we all mean the high step thing though.
I know the high step is out of bad taste and I have yet to use it. However if the situation does arise where I need to express incredibly excitement I will use it... Just don't know if that time will ever come :/

Top Bottom