• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Fifty

Now I know why EA won't support leagues in Madden. They don't want people to kill themselves over a videogame.

Can I fire myself as coach? Would anyone like to swap teams? If this was the real NFL, I would be fired within the next 24 hours. I'm not even joking about swapping teams. I don't deserve even the Titans after that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Now I know why EA won't support leagues in Madden. They don't want people to kill themselves over a videogame.

Can I fire myself as coach? Would anyone like to swap teams? If this was the real NFL, I would be fired within the next 24 hours. I'm not even joking about swapping teams. I don't deserve even the Titans after that.

632swn8.gif

Rorschach

GG fifty, you almost had it. :\

My WR and HBs can't hold on to squat...I know the update secretly double-gimped the Raiders. I know it! Fumblitis returns.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bluemax we play week 8,I'll be free to play anytime past 10 pm eastern time either tonight or Sunday night.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
LukeSmith said:
Konex, I'm in and out this weekend, wanna try and play sometime?
Hey Luke, what did you do for Halo 3? It's pretty fucking good so far.

I won't bother you again about the game, I promise!

Wellington said:
Hey Luke, what did you do for Halo 3? It's pretty fucking good so far.

I won't bother you again about the game, I promise!

I'm pretty sure, and luke can correct me if I'm wrong, that luke didn't do any development. He did a ton of content for bungie.net (podcasts, stories, preparing images, videos, etc), demoed the game, playtested the game (including submitting bugs), and owning Stinkles (among others) in Halo 3. I'm sure there is more, but thats what I know off the top of my head.

First humpday should be gaf maddenites (for lack of a better term) vs bungie :D

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
sableholic said:
I'm pretty sure, and luke can correct me if I'm wrong, that luke didn't do any development. He did a ton of content for bungie.net (podcasts, stories, preparing images, videos, etc), demoed the game, playtested the game (including submitting bugs), and owning Stinkles (among others) in Halo 3. I'm sure there is more, but thats what I know off the top of my head.

First humpday should be gaf maddenites (for lack of a better term) vs bungie :D

The drama following that matchup would be epic.

Livewire, I won't be around much today, and I would assume you won't be able to play tomorrow with the game and all, how about Monday for us?

Slo

I just had the most retarded brain fart of all time, and it almost cost me the game. 1:30 left in the 4th, tied at 20. Gunstar's got the ball at hi own 20, throws a pick to me. In this situation do you:

A: Run the ball, milk the opponent's time outs, and kick a FG on the last play of the game?
B: Forget that you're not already in over time, kick a field goal on first down, and then kick the ball off to your opponent with 1:23 and timeouts left?

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Slo said:
I just had the most retarded brain fart of all time, and it almost cost me the game. 1:30 left in the 4th, tied at 20. Gunstar's got the ball at hi own 20, throws a pick to me. In this situation do you:

A: Run the ball, milk the opponent's time outs, and kick a FG on the last play of the game?
B: Forget that you're not already in over time, kick a field goal on first down, and then kick the ball off to your opponent with 1:23 and timeouts left?

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

GG Slo but man this game is really starting to piss me off. WTF is wrong with the deep pass in this damn game? Twice Kevin Curtis had at least 3 steps on your CB and he would catch the ball and then all of sudden the ball would teleport out of his hands. What the hell is that? Don't get me wrong, I love playing Madden but it seems like EA leaves a couple flaws in each years Madden on purpose so you will buy next years version with the hopes to fix last years flaws only to find new flaws that weren't a problem the year before.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!
:lol

Slo my man, you are doing God's work. Both you NFC North guys are.

Also, it's a new week, no new awards, and no new power rankings. What is this shit? Fucked up, that is what it is.

Slo

Yeah, you did a good job of getting my safety out of position and throwing to Curtis. Madden just didn't get it done for you.

I'd also like to ban Jevon Kearse from the game. Put it to a vote?

Rorschach

Gunstar77 said:
GG Slo but man this game is really starting to piss me off. WTF is wrong with the deep pass in this damn game? Twice Kevin Curtis had at least 3 steps on your CB and he would catch the ball and then all of sudden the ball would teleport out of his hands. What the hell is that? Don't get me wrong, I love playing Madden but it seems like EA leaves a couple flaws in each years Madden on purpose so you will buy next years version with the hopes to fix last years flaws only to find new flaws that weren't a problem the year before.
Big air is broken unless you've got Harrison, Moss, or Smith. :( It's so hard to throw to a receiver in stride if you don't have a gold qb + receiver.

Slo: I know what that's like. Couple of seasons ago, I let it go into overtime because I thought I had a 3 point lead. :lol I actually won that game, but I felt incredibly retarded. I actually took a knee at the 20 yard line. :lol

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Rorschach said:
Big air is broken unless you've got Harrison, Moss, or Smith. :( It's so hard to throw to a receiver in stride if you don't have a gold qb + receiver.

I know it is hard to hit your WR over the top but Curtis actually caught the ball and the announcer said it too, then the ball teleported out of his hands. I went to challenge the play but it would not let me.

Rorschach

Gunstar77 said:
I know it is hard to hit your WR over the top but Curtis actually caught the ball and the announcer said it too, then the ball teleported out of his hands. I went to challenge the play but it would not let me.
Ouch! Sucks when that happens. I've had that happen and it even highlights your player and he continues running. I HATE that. Well, too bad you don't have me on your schedule. Here's what my CBs/Safeties do on long plays.

4h0bl38.jpg

:lol 87 yard touchdown. Not only are they completely off on the swaps, but they leave themselves out of position for any kind of tackle. Seriously...what's the point of double coverage if they're gonna do that?!

Fifty

Slo said:

THE CHOICE IS YOURS!

B

Seriously, I made the dumbest Madden choice last night. What made me so angry was this: I was down by 3 points and with 9 seconds left I got to his 22 yard line and stopped the clock. I thought to myself, since I was getting lucky with my passing game, that I'd try to go for the win, Herm Edwards style.

I had been playing stupid all game, only looking at one or two recievers before attempting to scramble into the spy I knew was there (I've been pretty stupid all season. I am not the player I once was). I call a play solely because it has my main reciever doing the only route I can see to be able to not get intercepted on, a streak route (every post I throw is INT'd and I no longer throw them) I ignore everyone else and blindly throw to my #1, who of course is double covered and the ball is picked off.

So yeah

A) Kick a FG and send it to OT

B) Call ANY PLAY THAT doesn't result in THROWING A STREAK route into double coverage!

C) Throw into double coverage for no reason and lose the game

WHICH ONE WILL YOU CHOOSE?

edit: Rors, did you actually take a picture of my only bright moment last game?! My passing game is nastier than a 90 year old hooker's snatch, and the one bright moment has to be tarnished?

Rorschach

Fifty said:
edit: Rors, did you actually take a picture of my only bright moment last game?! My passing game is nastier than a 90 year old hooker's snatch, and the one bright moment has to be tarnished?
Sorry, it was just so damn funny. You had another bright moment. That drive for the TD with the 2pt conv. Long strike to Givens that set that up! Sure, you fumbled the ball in the endzone and got lucky on a pickup, but it was a great drive nonetheless and done mostly through the air. :p

sableholic said:
anybody heard anything from ayo jube? I noticed that he never played his game with livewire and I got him this week.

If a replacement/fill-in is needed, call on me, Moss!

FMT Power Rankings said:
Malley went all fred durst on that a.ss! Division title slipping through your grasp!
It was due to technical difficulties! I'll be back. You'll see! You'll all see!
No I won't :(

Slo: take care of Denver and I'll take care of Chicago. Deal?

Ramirez

They REALLY need to fix the passing mechanics next year, you can't lead or float passes for shit. In my Rookie league game last night I tried so many times to push the stick towards where the WR was going and away from the defender, and instead of leading the throw, it would either throw where he was at that exact moment, or throw completely behind him or 5 miles over his head. You can forget about trying to float a pass over LBs head as well, shit is lame.

Also, Sickboy, I'm here all day!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
They REALLY need to fix the passing mechanics next year, you can't lead or float passes for shit. In my Rookie league game last night I tried so many times to push the stick towards where the WR was going and away from the defender, and instead of leading the throw, it would either throw where he was at that exact moment, or throw completely behind him or 5 miles over his head. You can forget about trying to float a pass over LBs head as well, shit is lame.

Also, Sickboy, I'm here all day!

I agree with this post 1000%. Yeah whatever, accurate passers should have some sort of advantage, but ANY QB in the league should be able to lead receivers and float balls etc. And on top of that, they completely negated the advantage of the passing cone as well, which I liked. Ah well, as with all Madden's.... there's always next year!

in my game against slo today i had my WR about 7 yards behind his lb so i freaking TAPPED the button very lightly, the ball goes straight to his LB's hands (luckily wasn't picked) :lol come on!

the passing game follies are only magnified by the way the D plays this year. it'd be one thing if the D were garbage and couldn't stop you, but couple the fact that the D is all over your guys and you CANNOT make tight throws in most instances without it being picked, it's tough to mount a passing attack

LukeSmith

sableholic said:

This is a pretty good summary of my role because of coming on so late in H3. Glad you're enjoying it, Wellie!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh Goddamn, whoever is looking forward to the single player of Halo 3 will not be disappointed. Just got to a point in the game in which I said, out loud, "Oh no..." :lol Beats the hell out of the sorry Halo 2 SP.

SickBoy

Denogginizer: You available to play our game? My GT is FisheyeLens. Will be on Live for a bit right now if you want to add me and get this game done...

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
SickBoy said:
Denogginizer: You available to play our game? My GT is FisheyeLens. Will be on Live for a bit right now if you want to add me and get this game done...
Should be in about 5 minutes. Wake Forest game was AMAZING! Just catching my breath.

Zep

Banned
DCX...1030pm or we'll have to play tomorrow night or something. Cause theres a huge pajama party tonight and I'll be damned missing it!

Fifty

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dammittmatt, whats up with your 360? man im gonna be rusty whenever i play my next game (i know it's not your fault though... F YOU MS!)

Well he said he expected his box back early next week. If it takes any longer someone (me, because I'm the only person bad enough to simulate his play. Don't take offense Matt, I'm insulting us BOTH) should have to fill in.

SickBoy

GG Denog, you had some hard luck with stone hands on both sides of the ball, I think.

As I feel compelled to in suchcases, I've got to apologize for taking back that late INT, but I always say if a defender sees daylight you can't tell him not to take it. Hope there are no hard feelings on that, but it's a philosophy I live by...

SickBoy

And Ramirez, if you're up for our game, let me know. I'll be on Live for a little while yet... I've tasted .500, so now I can drop back below ;)

EDIT: Boo-urns.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Mr Colts, I'm ready for our game :D

only reposted because it was at the bottom of the last page

Top Bottom