• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden Season 10 Official Thread: I want you back for good!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You can call the defensive plays Fifty :p

Fifty

Now don't be silly, that would be impossible unless you can stream your games to me.

I'd have to settle for a scouting role.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I think losing to Konex
the cpu
sooo bad was a wakeup call for me.

I'm actually starting to play better on D aswell and Fifty if I needed scouting Id ask to borrow CK's book :p

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuke! I want to playyy :D How do I get in touch with him now? He said he's got his box at work :D

Rorschach

Alright, Matrix, not only am I home early, but the UPS guy just brought me Halo3 and the disc won't read, so I'm available all day. T_T

Fifty

dammitmattt said:
I hate Madden.

Nine sacks. Nine fucking sacks. At least I'm emulating the real Saints very closely.

I think I'm going to break that record....and try giving up 4 INTs to ONE PLAYER. Top that! Yeah..

Fifty

I don't know how Vumpler is in the middle of the pack in run D. Is my O Line just that bad? His guys were in my backfield basically every time I ran the ball. It was pointless.. Whatever. I got my ass kicked again. At least this one hurt less than the last second loss against Rors so I'm recording my stats

I'm 2-6. Week after week, manually recording how badly I got my ass kicked, each week watching as it gets worse, is pretty much not fun at all.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Fifty said:
I'm 2-6. Week after week, manually recording how badly I got my ass kicked, each week watching as it gets worse, is pretty much not fun at all.
I don't know how. Your offense is incredible. The way I play Vince and (vick when he was around) is always the same, I use a safety to spy (which is me) and set the other guys to blitz hard. If I didn't send random hard blitzes the whole time my guys would come through 1 at a time and you would just run outside and hit the open guy. So instead I just played incredibly risky and hope I could get a couple manual picks. I got 2 manual but the CPU gamble helped on the rest.

The first series or so you were passing perfect. I was completely playing to blitz, not give you time to pass, and stop the run. if you got a quick hitter off though you would be pretty much gone.

Bend but don't break D is awesome and I use it against most people, but playing Vince you just can't do that he'll eat you alive. Specially with the way you read when to throw the ball.

The sacks stat is retarded though. I got 12? I got 4 on a 1 man rush with Peppers and Rucker containing you.

I think the constant blitzing had you thinking blitz was coming and thats how I got a few of those picks and lucky you rolled out to jPeps side when he was containing on the 3 man line.

Fifty

Yeah totally..I was playing scared all game because of that front 7. It worked well for me at times, calling diferent plays than I usually do, but overall there was just too much pressure and I'm still not that great at checking my options so it got ugly quick. Julius Peppers was too fast so I could never outrun the DE as Young. A lot of the sacks were failed scrambles

. I'm a run first player and if I can't run whatsoever my game will be lacking. I stopped running because they were getting such a good push that my RB would get tackled from behind at the LOS! I had some bright moments passing. If it wasn't for the 7 or so picks in the last two weeks I'd say I was improving that aspect of my game. Eh it was a legit ass kicking and I had some moments so I'll say it wasn't a complete waste of my hour.

edit: and my offense is far from 'incredible' I have no play making WR. Sure I have 2 mid 80's and a 75 but the lack of a real star really hurts me. Average TEs. Average RBs. Vince Young is pretty much my only consistant weapon.

Matrix

Rors,I can play now.

If it goes anything like our practice game im in for a loss :( Btw you are home.

Ill go sign on if you're ready.

Matrix

Mrbob

I'm enjoying my well deserved time off to refresh as the bye week has popped up for me.

I just found out though that Rex just threw 4 ints against the bye week. :(

Do I make a QB change when I play my next game against Rors? Find out soon!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey, I would like to play through Halo on Legendary with 3 other players... I think the Madden gaffers are the most reliable around... I am usually available 6:30-11PM Monday-Fri (with the one or two nights I spend with my girlfriend thrown in there) and saturday and sunday mornings/afternoons. EST of course.

Anyone interested?

Matrix

:lol @ at that game

GG rors,I had no Oline and jesus christ my guys just dont hold on to the football against you.

AJ td catch drop in the endzone,my TE wide open and cant hold on,but tips it to your guy for an int.

Game started off like everything was going my way and then bammmm it was like FUCK YOU MATRIX TIME TO LOSE BAD.

-32 passing yards :lol

AJ... 3 drops...

some superstar.

bluemax

Banned
Wellington said:
Hey, I would like to play through Halo on Legendary with 3 other players... I think the Madden gaffers are the most reliable around... I am usually available 6:30-11PM Monday-Fri (with the one or two nights I spend with my girlfriend thrown in there) and saturday and sunday mornings/afternoons. EST of course.

Anyone interested?

Saturday mornings before USC games work for me. Sunday mornings are possible as well.

Matrix said:

GG rors,I had no Oline and jesus christ my guys just dont hold on to the football against you.

AJ td catch drop in the endzone,my TE wide open and cant hold on,but tips it to your guy for an int.

Game started off like everything was going my way and then bammmm it was like FUCK YOU MATRIX TIME TO LOSE BAD.

AJ... 3 drops...

some superstar.

Its because Rors has way better safeties than me. Eric Weddle should not be a starter yet :( Bring back Bwahoh Jue!

Rorschach

Wellington said:

Anyone interested?
I would love to, but my game is borked T_T

I had co-op planned with a couple of friends, but they're probably gonna play it sans Rorschach. :[

Matrix said:

AJ... 3 drops...

some superstar.
GG

Man, after all those fumbles, I said "fuck this, I'm using protect ball 24/7" which made for a really shitty rushing average. :p And yeah, your o-line doesn't like you. They must have thought Carr was back there again. And in AJ's defense, he always had at least 2 guys right there...I have NO idea how you squeezed those balls in there..holy shit. There would be 3 guys and you would somehow tear drop it in the exact place where it needed to be. My whole gameplan was "contain AJ" and I always had 2-3 guys on him. That's right, triple coverage. :lol If you hadn't fallen behind and just kept running green, I'd have had a looong day and that strat would have backfired on me.

Be thankful you don't have Porter as your number 1, though...every time I throw to him, I know it's a drop. 2 WIDE open passes and he drops like the bum that he is. >:|

You did have some bad breaks, though...that pass that came off the hands of your receiver and into my hands..I know how it feels. I had 3 of those against Malley. :lol

Rorschach

bluemax said:
Its because Rors has way better safeties than me.
4h0bl38.jpg

[edit] Btw- I hate mario williams...wtf. He wouldn't let me run to his side, then I have demeco on the other side. And he kept flushing me out of the pocket right into Weaver's hands. He's not that good. >:|

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

Anyone interested?
I'm in.

DCX

Slo

Wellington said:

Anyone interested?

I would, but I can't be reliable enough and will probably get bored and flake by level 2. Anybody up for a Halo Rookies League?

Wellington said:

Anyone interested?

I am interested

Rorschach said:
4h0bl38.jpg

[edit] Btw- I hate mario williams...wtf. He wouldn't let me run to his side, then I have demeco on the other side. And he kept flushing me out of the pocket right into Weaver's hands. He's not that good. >:|

At least yours jump for the ball. I had 2 back against moss and neither jumped and sure enough he caught it. The safety was way back and should have jumped and picked it.

Rorschach

Called to ship this copy back...they want me to send the whole thing back, but they can't send me the same thing because it's limited quantities...SIGH. Who knows when I get to play it...everyone will be done with campaign and 18 levels ahead of me by the time I get it back. I don't think I can trust another MS product now. :lol First all the 360 hardware BS (latest one freezes on me constantly, btw), and now this.

sableholic said:
At least yours jump for the ball. I had 2 back against moss and neither jumped and sure enough he caught it. The safety was way back and should have jumped and picked it.
you should have seen this in motion, though...if they would have just stood still, they might have had a chance, but they actually split up out of position and jumped up just in time for the ball to split them down the middle....

Slo

A friendly request: when you guys are filling out stats on leaguedaddy, before you save the game stats, please put in the opponent's score too. Not all of his stats, just his score. Otherwise the email notifications are sent out with a score of Chicago 0, Green Bay null, or something of that sort. Not very useful, and pretty simple to fix.

Thanks

Fifty

Rorschach said:
That's a defeatist attitude. >:| You can still go 10-6! Besides, I need you to beat the rest of your AFC West opponents. :(

I'll stop being defeatist if you stop using the image of my one shining moment on offense as an example of how bad your team is. Do we have a deal? :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
AZ let me know if you can play friday or saturday I will be back in town then... but i have to leave back out Saturday night....

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Called to ship this copy back...they want me to send the whole thing back, but they can't send me the same thing because it's limited quantities...SIGH. Who knows when I get to play it...everyone will be done with campaign and 18 levels ahead of me by the time I get it back. I don't think I can trust another MS product now. :lol First all the 360 hardware BS (latest one freezes on me constantly, btw), and now this.

Rors, PM me or IM me (my info is at hte league) and I'll sort this out and expedite the process.

lol earlier i had like 38 people online, all were playing halo 3 except 2 (one was away, the other playing phantasy star) :lol

im lovin' the game so far! master chief reminds me of alex smith

Fifty

Wellington said:
I vote we put the league on hiatus. :lol

The first week might be a bit tough, but it'll cool down..and if Ramirez of all people is finding time to play Madden, I think we're in good shape.

Mrbob

Fifty said:
The first week might be a bit tough, but it'll cool down..and if Ramirez of all people is finding time to play Madden, I think we're in good shape.

Especially if the campaign really does only last about 6 hours. ;)

Top Bottom